Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL MLB Playoff Thread***

Clutch homer

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time for the 12th inning.

'02

13th. And Colon probably has the worst body in professional sports.

Quote:13th. And Colon probably has the worst body in professional sports.

Add Sabathia as a contender.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm no baseball officianado, but has any Major Leaguer had a postseason run like Murphy is having right now? I know Reggie Jackson hit four Home runs in a World Series once, but Murphy has reached base in seven straight postseason games. Anyone know how this fits onto a historical scale?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:13th. And Colon probably has the worst body in professional sports.

I picture Colon going into the bar and saying, "hey, I'm a pitcher for the Mets," only to have people look at him and say, "sure you are."

'02

Speaking of piggish pitchers, anybody else remember Rick Reuschel?

Quote:Speaking of piggish pitchers, anybody else remember Rick Reuschel?

Or David Wells.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Or David Wells.

Reuschel pitched in Japan for a while.

His nickname over there:

The Whale

Quote:I'm no baseball officianado, but has any Major Leaguer had a postseason run like Murphy is having right now? I know Reggie Jackson hit four Home runs in a World Series once, but Murphy has reached base in seven straight postseason games. Anyone know how this fits onto a historical scale?
Batting over 400 and had 6 homers in 6 straight games. If not the best postseason run its definitely top 5.

Mets getting killed right now

Quote:Speaking of piggish pitchers, anybody else remember Rick Reuschel?

I remember he started an All Star game. The first batter he faced was Bo Jackson. It didn't go well.

[Image: BoJacksonASGHR_wugpmqne.gif]

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2015, 02:17 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:I remember he started an All Star game. The first batter he faced was Bo Jackson. It didn't go well.

This looks like it was when he was relatively in shape. He's only chubby.

Hopefully Thor can stop the bleeding for the Mets tonight. He needs to go out there throwing his 98-100 MPH fastball out of the gate. Just do his thing. I think Harvey and deGrom went out there trying to change their game and it didn't work out for them.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2015, 07:01 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:I remember he started an All Star game. The first batter he faced was Bo Jackson. It didn't go well.

While we're on ASG home runs, one of the most incredible shots I've ever seen in any baseball game was Reggie Jackson's shot into the lights at Tiger Stadium. I couldn't believe how quickly the ball got there. The camera man couldn't find it, Maybe you could post the gif, can't do it from work.

Albert Pujols 3 home run game is up there too.

I'm pulling for the Royals. I had season tickets for them in the early 90's when they were so bad. We had 4 club seats (paid by the company, I was the proprietor) for use as customer entertainment and I couldn't give them away. Customers would usually take the weekend games but the weekday games my wife and I would use.

Regards.................theChiefjag

Quote:Hopefully Thor can stop the bleeding for the Mets tonight. He needs to go out there throwing his 98-100 MPH fastball out of the gate. Just do his thing. I think Harvey and deGrom went out there trying to change their game and it didn't work out for them.
He did that alright... and some. lol

I've never seen a team in baseball that functioned better in crunch time than the 2015 Kansas City Royals.   A championship team in every respect!   

The Mets had a very good season in their own right but lost to a better team in the World Series.   Despite the W.S. only going 5 games,  this was a great W.S.   The Mets had leads in every game,  including 3 leads late in games.    Yet,  despite some key errors,  it still felt more like the Royals won these 3 games than the Mets lost them.  

Why doesn't baseball change its playoff structure to be more like the NFL and play less games so that they have more meaning.

Who was your favorite baseball player of all times?  and why?