Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should The 49ers Start Blaine Gabbert?

Quote:Kaepernick's performance against AZ was one of the worst performances I've ever seen by an NFL QB.

...and I've seen both Gabbert AND Henne play.

I dunno. I watched some David Klingler in my time.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The 49er fans are certainly open to the idea:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners...t-gabbert/
Careful what you wish for lol

I was a 49ers fan as a young kid before I became a Jags fan in the mid 90's.  (I got tired of the bandwagon with Jerry Rice, and Steve Young).

And as someone who loves the Jags but still has a soft spot for the 49ers, I would want them to bench Squidward and start Gabbert.  Look, Squidward cannot play in this league.  The only good season he had was because of a few factors.  1- an incredible supporting staff, and 2- he was virtually unknown.  Now, that supporting staff all retired to get away from the hot mess in SF, and all the defenses know exactly what Kaep can and cannot do.  

Starting Gabbert doesn't get them any more wins, but it gets that piece of garbage Kaep off the field.  I haven't liked Kaep ever since he posted all those tweets and instagram pics of himself "working out" and then he'd come out on sunday and crap all over the field the whole game.  I swear someone would spray him down with a water bottle and then jump out of the way for those sweaty pics.  He's a piece of trash.  To top it all off, Baalke and York are even worse than Kaep in terms of their work ethic and desire to win in SF. 

They just think they want Gabbert. We know better lol

Word is he is blowing it up at practice...

Quote:Word is he is blowing it up at practice...

I could have sworn I've read that somewhere before...

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

<BEEEEEELCH>

why not?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

No. No one should ever start Gabbert.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Opportunity to trade them Henne for 3rd rounder?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners...t-gabbert/

Wow, just wow!!!!!

It's like they say: the backup QB always becomes very popular when the starter is struggling and Kaep is struggling real bad right now.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183407-start-gabbert/'>http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183407-start-gabbert/</a>

You really saw it escalate from no way, to maybe, then YAAASSSSS HE'S OUR SAVIOR lol.

"gabbert got the alex smith treatment in jacksonville, he might be better than we think"

......lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

you got to be kidding me. :rollseyes:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:"gabbert got the alex smith treatment in jacksonville, he might be better than we think"

......lol
Boy, are they in for a surprise......

What if Gabbert came in and because an elite QB in the NFL? haha

I think they should trade a pick for Henne

Yes, and they should give the Jaguars a 5th overall for Chad Henne just incase.... incase they actually read this and take our advice.... yeah draft picks for losers!

Also please give us a 4th for Toby Gerhart (what a steal....lol)

As bad as Kaep has been, Gabbert will not win a game for the 49ers. At least Kaep gives them a chance that he'll perform well. I've never trusted a QB to produce less than I trust Gabbert.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 01:57 AM by Tuxedo.)

I'd like to see him start just to see if sitting for a year plus on the bench did him any good. I highly doubt he'd be any better than he was here, but I thought he needed a couple years of sitting and learning if he had any chance of reviving his career.

His chance of being the Jags franchise QB was long gone by the time he got traded, so I'm not going to be all torn up if he performs well in San Francisco.

Living in 9er country there really is a lot of talk for Gabbert to start. A lot of friends liked what they saw in preseason and all I could think of was just wait til the regular season...