Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maybe This Team Should Follow The Patriots Example...

Quote:Is anybody looking forward to seeing how NE fares after Brady retires? 
They'll be just fine without him. Belichick already said he'd stay for awhile after Brady retires, and I'm sure he'll leave on a good note. The team will be in perfect shape for the new coach to take over and continue the winning tradition. Garappolo is learning from the best and is probably better than Bortles, Bridgewater, and Carr by now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You really think Bortles looks bad?

ARob and Hurns have had several really good games now catching his throws.

Marks and Thomas are already proven.

These aren't opinions, they fit perfectly into the statistics tallied by the pros stat keepers.

I am a documented Bortles supporter, but he looks like Chad Henne in the 2nd half of every game. His mechanics break down, he gets balls batted down at the line. I know, he has only played 1 season, but he is very inconsistent. Arob and Hurns look good but we still need to draft a #1 receiver which neither of these guys are, no matter how much you want to sugarcoat it. 

Marks is a question mark coming off surgery and Thomas is "proven" with a HOF QB. He hasn't proven a thing here yet.

Quote:I am a documented Bortles supporter, but he looks like Chad Henne in the 2nd half of every game. His mechanics break down, he gets balls batted down at the line. I know, he has only played 1 season, but he is very inconsistent. Arob and Hurns look good but we still need to draft a #1 receiver which neither of these guys are, no matter how much you want to sugarcoat it. 

Marks is a question mark coming off surgery and Thomas is "proven" with a HOF QB. He hasn't proven a thing here yet.

Ah, so you're a "Glass half empty" kinda guy. Got it.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Ah, so you're a "Glass half empty" kinda guy. Got it.

Fine line between glass half empty and realist. Forgive me for questioning the football brilliance that is the Jacksonville Jaguars front office.

Quote:Sure, Bortles looks fine. Yeldon will be fine. ARob and Hurns will be fine. We'll eventually get Thomas and Marks back. 

You're welcome.

Except for the last two, we had all that and couldn't compete with the geriatric backup today. I guess you think those last two and we're playoff bound.

Quote:Fine line between glass half empty and realist. Forgive me for questioning the football brilliance that is the Jacksonville Jaguars front office.
I agree... Hard to be optimistic with so many questionable decisions that have been made for the past 8 years. 

Quote:If you say so my friend. I'm always gonna heckle grown men who overreact after a game. I'm a huge Jags fan. There's an ignore button.
True "Huge Jags Fans" don't speak Pesimistically about their team. Win or Lose...

IJS...

NH3...

"AZANE"

After reading the comments from some of you yokels on here, all I can say is it's a good thing breathing isn't a voluntary action.....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Fine line between glass half empty and realist. Forgive me for questioning the football brilliance that is the Jacksonville Jaguars front office.

Why? This front office is in it's third season and the roster actually looks pretty good. Maybe a coaching change is in the making, but the players are young enough and talented enough to be very good.

This is the FO that got a pick for Gabbert and then another for Scobee. That signed Marks and guys like Wisnewski and Parnell. That drafted guys like Telvin Smith and signed guys like Hurns in UDFA.  

That Bradley is struggling isn't sufficient to question what they are doing with the roster.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:After reading the comments from some of you yokels on here, all I can say is it's a good thing breathing isn't a voluntary action.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23kFiqFiOlA

The Jaguars' front office you say? Meaning Caldwell, Tony Khan, Lamping and Mr. Khan because the coaching staff doesn't consist of the "Front Office" personnel...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:I agree... Hard to be optimistic with so many questionable decisions that have been made for the past 8 years. 

But no one currently here was here 4 years ago. Why are you holding that against them?

Quote:After reading the comments from some of you yokels on here, all I can say is it's a good thing breathing isn't a voluntary action.....
This I Like...

NH3...

"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 09:58 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:But no one currently here was here 4 years ago. Why are you holding that against them?
I'm not holding that against the current regime. I'm just saying what I've seen for the past eight years.

Quote:I'm not holding that against the current regime. I'm just saying what I've seen for the past 8 years and it doesn't go away just because new guys are here.

Do you think this roster is the quality that it was in 2012?

Quote:Why? This front office is in it's third season and the roster actually looks pretty good. Maybe a coaching change is in the making, but the players are young enough and talented enough to be very good.

This is the FO that got a pick for Gabbert and then another for Scobee. That signed Marks and guys like Wisnewski and Parnell. That drafted guys like Telvin Smith and signed guys like Hurns in UDFA.  

That Bradley is struggling isn't sufficient to question what they are doing with the roster.

Then we can agree to disagree. Bradley struggling totally affects the roster itself. If you aren't getting the most out of your talent, you don't truly know what you have. I watched Telvin Smith get torched twice by a 40 year old QB and mediocre TE for crucial plays. Was that talent or coaching?

Wisnewski and Parnell have played 4 games for us in which we are 1-3. Not sure I would consider those successful signings at this point. Also, while bamboozling other GM's for picks for the likes of Gabbert & Scobee is a hilarious subject, it's not what I want our FO to be known for.

Quote:I agree... Hard to be optimistic with so many questionable decisions that have been made for the past 8 years. 
How can you judge the front office of the past three years for the  regime for the previous five years????????????????????????????????????

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:The Jaguars' front office you say? Meaning Caldwell, Tony Khan, Lamping and Mr. Khan because the coaching staff doesn't consist of the "Front Office" personnel...

NH3...

I was thinking more along the lines of the FO who actually HIRED the guy, and I'm pretty sure those guys, minus Lamping had a saying in that.

Quote:Do you think this roster is the quality that it was in 2012?
I think its way better

Quote:I'm not holding that against the current regime. I'm just saying what I've seen for the past eight years.
You have to be able to Differentiate...

NH3...

"AZANE"