Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maybe This Team Should Follow The Patriots Example...

Quote:How can you judge the front office of the past three years for the  regime for the previous five years????????????????????????????????????

NH3...
I'm judging both and I still feel the pain from the past.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You have to be able to Differentiate...

NH3...
He was talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars front office, and my point was both FO's made questionable decisions.

Quote:Then we can agree to disagree. Bradley struggling totally affects the roster itself. If you aren't getting the most out of your talent, you don't truly know what you have. I watched Telvin Smith get torched twice by a 40 year old QB and mediocre TE for crucial plays. Was that talent or coaching?

Wisnewski and Parnell have played 4 games for us in which we are 1-3. Not sure I would consider those successful signings at this point. Also, while bamboozling other GM's for picks for the likes of Gabbert & Scobee is a hilarious subject, it's not what I want our FO to be known for.

Fair enough. If this team belong to a Pete Carroll or Belichick or Tomlin I think they'd be very good for a very long time. That's the difference at this point.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I was thinking more along the lines of the FO who actually HIRED the guy, and I'm pretty sure those guys, minus Lamping had a saying in that.
"FO who actually HIRED the guy? Which Guy are you refereing to. If it's Coach Bradley then you're referring to GM Caldwell. Aren't you?

Caldwell was the sole decision maker on hiring the HC even though Shad Khan attended the interview...

Wait A Minute!!!  Are you referring to Shad Khan?

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:I'm judging both and I still feel the pain from the past.

Oh I do too. The pain of the Gene Smith years almost made me quit football altogether, but I don't think this group is anything like them. This group's approach to personnel is very different, and I think that will matter through this year and beyond.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Oh I do too. The pain of the Gene Smith years almost made me quit football altogether, but I don't think this group is anything like them. This group's approach to personnel is very different, and I think that will matter through this year and beyond.
I'm just tired of this team losing. I want to see them get back to those AFC Championship days, but I hate thinking about how long it's going to take.

Quote:"FO who actually HIRED the guy? Which Guy are you refereing to. If it's Coach Bradley then you're referring to GM Caldwell. Aren't you?

Caldwell was the sole decision maker on hiring the HC even though Shad Khan attended the interview...

Wait A Minute!!!  Are you referring to Shad Khan?

NH3...

I have openly questioned Caldwell. His free agent signings have been poor during his tenure outside Marks and while some of his draft picks have potential, none have elevated their play to a pro-bowl level. I'm not ready to send him to the glue factory like other people are but he doesn't get a free pass at this point in time by any means.

Quote:I'm just tired of this team losing. I want to see them get back to those AFC Championship days, but I hate thinking about how long it's going to take.

Me too.

Quote:I'm judging both and I still feel the pain from the past.
We all feel the pain from the past w/the exception of the years of 1986 to 1988. Everything surpassed that must be forgiven when it comes to the new Owner and Regime...

The Past Is The Past. Welcome to the Present and the Future...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:We all feel the pain from the past w/the exception of the years of 1986 to 1988. Everything surpassed that must be forgiven when it comes to the new Owner and Regime...

The Past Is The Past. Welcome to the Present and the Future...

NH3...

The 86 to 88 years were bad for me too, I was a Bucs season ticket holder then.

Quote:The 86 to 88 years were bad for me too, I was a Bucs season ticket holder then.
Interesting. What was it like switching teams and rooting for the Jags over the Bucs?

I feel like I'd be forever attached to the Jags no matter how hard I tried to root for another team.

Quote:Is anybody looking forward to seeing how NE fares after Brady retires?

If belichick is there, still probably good.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Interesting. What was it like switching teams and rooting for the Jags over the Bucs?

I feel like I'd be forever attached to the Jags no matter how hard I tried to root for another team.

I live here now, so I still follow the Bucs but I don't get to see them as much. I don't know how I'll feel next week, but I'm certain that Tampa's roster isn't as good as the Jags. Lovie wins going away though.

My wife is a Giants fan and we met the Friday night before the Giants/Bucs playoff game in 2008. That was a rather frosty first date!  Big Grin

Quote:I have openly questioned Caldwell. His free agent signings have been poor during his tenure outside Marks and while some of his draft picks have potential, none have elevated their play to a pro-bowl level. I'm not ready to send him to the glue factory like other people are but he doesn't get a free pass at this point in time by any means.
I'm trying My Best to think of an FA under Caldwell's era that hasn't panned out. Signing an FA on the "Pro Bowl" level is difficult. Most players of that status won't be FAs...

What about the potential of Julius Thomas. The play of Serjio Brown, Dan Skuta and Jermy Parnell? Are they not good FA acquisitions?

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:The 86 to 88 years were bad for me too, I was a Bucs season ticket holder then.
LOL...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:Interesting. What was it like switching teams and rooting for the Jags over the Bucs?

And the truth commeth out...

Will the True Jaguar Fans PLEASE Stand Up...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:I'm trying My Best to think of an FA under Caldwell's era that hasn't panned out. Signing an FA on the "Pro Bowl" level is difficult. Most players of that status won't be FAs...

What about the potential of Julius Thomas. The play of Serjio Brown, Dan Skuta and Jermy Parnell? Are they not good FA acquisitions?

NH3...

Beadles, Gerhorse off the top of my head. 

Sure, Thomas has potential, but he was routinely injured in Denver and hasn't even played a down here yet. Potential has an expiration date in this day and age. The other guys are wait and see. I'll admit, the right side of the line is solid when Linder and Parnell are in there, but not enough games to make a final determination yet. 

Quote:And the truth commeth out...

Will the True Jaguar Fans PLEASE Stand Up...

NH3...
I don't know what you're trying to say.

Quote:Beadles, Gerhorse off the top of my head. 

Sure, Thomas has potential, but he was routinely injured in Denver and hasn't even played a down here yet. Potential has an expiration date in this day and age. The other guys are wait and see. I'll admit, the right side of the line is solid when Linder and Parnell are in there, but not enough games to make a final determination yet. 
Jane Beadles, as in our starting LG?

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:Jane Beadles, as in our starting LG?

NH3...

Correct, the LG who signed a 30M contract.