Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Students Push to Ban American Flags

Students Push to Ban American Flags – How did we let this become a Thing?

<div>An American Flag, hung in an American university makes students feel “unsafe” because it’s a symbol of hate and evil?!?!? We’re so screwed!

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/24335/students-pu...L40KJyB.99
</div>

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Drifter, come on man... at least post the original article for us to mock.  This comes from the LA Times regarding the story referenced in your blog post.

Here is the first gem from the article.

Quote: 

On March 5, by a vote of 6 to 4, the take-it-down forces prevailed. The student government's Legislative Council passed a resolution banning the display of any flags in the lounge. The two students who wrote the resolution, Matthew Guevara and Khaalidah Sidney, used stilted, easy-to-mock academic jargon to explain why flags don't belong in the cozy space.

Flags, they wrote, "construct paradigms of conformity." The Stars and Stripes "has been flown in instances of colonialism and imperialism." The lounge is supposed to be "culturally inclusive" and while hanging the flag might be seen as free speech, "freedom of speech in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible can be interpreted as hate speech."

Mind you, this is what our kids in college are taught from a very young age.  You would almost think that these kids don't value or appreciate how this country was founded, and/or the Constitution that gives the very right for their freedom of speech (and also protects against their suppression of it).  But it gets even better.

Quote: 

"I started researching these kids," said Judi Neal, a conservative Republican from San Dimas. "The six who voted for this are all part of a social justice leadership organization." (I asked her if she was opposed to social justice, and her friend chimed in, "It depends who it's for!")

So social justice is only right "depending on who it's for".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

"freedom of speech in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible can be interpreted as hate speech."

I have read this sentence several times over, and it still cannot make sense.  You can't be inclusive and stifle expression.  It's an oxymoron.  Unless you have had it drilled into your skull that to be inclusive in and of itself means taking cultures perceived to be victimized or marginalized and making them the dominant force while devaluing and degrading what is perceived to be the majority culture.  The only thing scarier than a college government behaving this way is to see the FEDERAL government acting this way.  

This is how society dies.  All the institutions and ideals that made this country what it is, and incidentally helped us truly envision what we could be (transcending race creed or color to have a truly free society) are being replaced in our culture by nihilistic self indulgent fantasies that have never produced the utopia that the left claims to aspire to.  

We see the results of this indoctrination in the posters on this forum.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

uhh if i have kids i think i'm just going to homeschool them somehow.  only let them watch bill nye the science guy on repeat and make them think rubix cubes are toys.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 10:41 PM by ibjagged.)

death to that country without a flag !

There is a specific reason I never had kids, but having them grow up with this stuff and possibly agree with it is looking like a pretty good reason not to reproduce. 

considering that more people have been killed under the banner of the American flag than the Confederate Battle flag, if they're going to get rid of the CBFlag, then it's only right to get rid of the American Flag

this is the problem when the Left controls everything. They are like blood sucking vampires. they won't stop until they get their way. Where is Blade when you need him?