Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we get another Coach

Quote:Who in the world would it be? There are teams lining up to get new coaches already.

Would we have to pay 7 million or so to get a Gruden?

I think we are in a tough situation if we change coachs.

This is not a post to start trouble. The problem I have with Gus is his 2nd half adjustments.

I thought he would learn by his 3rd year but seems to be the same

Gruden is getting $6 mil from ESPN to work a few hours a week. He'd be crazy to get back into coaching. He has it made right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whoever we get next year they'll want another 3 years to build it right which means a new QB.

I agree on most posts here. I think if Bradley wins 6 then they keep him and hope he matures.

5 or below gone but for who? Coaching is getting as hard as finding QB because of the offense being run in college.

Quote:I agree on most posts here. I think if Bradley wins 6 then they keep him and hope he matures.

5 or below gone but for who? Coaching is getting as hard as finding QB because of the offense being run in college.

Jimbo. He's about the only guy who runs a pro set offense effectively anymore. Other than that it's gotta be a top flight offensive mind currently in an assistant's position or a retread.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 01:30 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Payton or Pagano. I think Josh McDaniels will get looks this offseason after Brady puts up his video game numbers but I would be a bit wary.

I recall Tony Khan saying something along the lines of being enamored with the New England way so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we give him a look.

Also, I'd be curious what type of Defense we would run as most of the guys who have been brought in have been curtailed to the Seattle scheme.

Quote:Whoever we get next year they'll want another 3 years to build it right which means a new QB.
and the fans will be ready to run them out in 2.5 years 

Mike Holmgren ?

Andy Reid ?

Norv Turner ?

Bruce Arians

One can dream

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 02:45 PM by JackCity.)

Hue Jackson would a great shout if available.

• Helped develop Carson Palmer at USC as OC.
  • WR coach for Chad Johson and TJ Houshmaandzadeh for three years.
  • Helped develop Joe Flacco as the Ravens QB coach in 2008 and 2009.
  • In 2010 the Raiders offense finished sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 ppg), 10th in total offense(354.6 pg) and 2nd in the NFL in rushing (155 yards pg) with him as OC
  • Went 8-8 as Raiders head coach in 2011
  • Currently working wonders with the Bengals offense.
Everything the man touches turns to gold,can't think of a better replacement Head coach if Gus doesn't work out.

Quote:Good coordinator. Bad HC. We've been there and done that.

Can't say I disagree. His run with the Chiefs was very underwhelming

Quote:Hue Jackson would a great shout if available.

• Helped develop Carson Palmer at USC as OC.
  • WR coach for Chad Johson and TJ Houshmaandzadeh for three years.
  • Helped develop Joe Flacco as the Ravens QB coach in 2008 and 2009.
  • In 2010 the Raiders offense finished sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 ppg), 10th in total offense(354.6 pg) and 2nd in the NFL in rushing (155 yards pg) with him as OC
  • Went 8-8 as Raiders head coach in 2011
  • Currently working wonders with the Bengals offense.
Everything the man touches turns to gold,can't think of a better replacement Head coach if Gus doesn't work out.

To go 8-8 with the Raiders in 2011 is pretty impressive in itself!

Sean Payton maybe.  No to Todd Haley, No to Nick Saban, No to Jon Gruden, No to Norv Turner, no to Hue Jackson.

Let's just hop in the TARDIS and tell Shad Khan to hire Bruce Arians over Gus Bradley.  And then tell Caldwell to draft Amari Cooper over Dante Fowler.  Then watch as Amari Cooper gets injured in training camp.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Chuck Pagano would be interesting depending on who he'd hire as OC. I don't like his current OC but I'm not sure how much of that was influenced by Grigson or Irsay.

Only problem with that though is he's a 3-4 guy so there would need to be some big changes made to the defensive personnel. He still hasn't fixed the defense in Indy after he switched them to a 3-4.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Norv Turner or Josh McDaniels.

Brian Kelly and Jimbo are both interesting names

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 01:26 AM by knarnn.)

Jimbo isn't leaving FSU. He sat around waiting how long for Bowden to leave just to go coach some bottom of the barrel NFL team? Sounds legit.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

what's wrong with Hue Jackson?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."