Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The way our defense is designed

Quote:I would say the Seahawks lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't stop Tom Brady with the game on the line.   They were ahead 21-10 in the 4th quarter.  New England scored 14 points in the 4th quarter.  

Game stats:

Julian Edelman, WR, 5-10, 200 lb, 9 catches

Danny Amendola, WR 5-11, 190 lb, 6 catches

Shane Vereen, RB, 5-10, 205 lb, 11 catches

Notice a theme there?   Quick little guys.  Very hard for larger CBs to cover guys like that. 

So with the game on the line, did Seattle's big corners manage to cover those quick little guys?   No. 
The game was on the line and they didn't give the ball to their RB.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

FWIW - Here's some feedback on how the Jags played too soft vs N.E.:

Quote:“Now, looking back at it, I think there were some areas that we could have been more aggressive in some of our coverage principles,” Bradley said. “We have corners that have length and we need to utilize that. To play some Cover Two like we did as a changeup is good, but I just felt like in this game it was one of our lead calls. Rightfully so, we all agreed on it. … Let’s just stay true to who we are, play more of those principles and see what takes place. Play more three deep and man and stay more true to who we are.”

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Brady was near flawless completing 33-of-43 passes for 358 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers. The 38-year-old Brady never beat the Jaguars on a deep ball, but had endless success finding open receivers in short and intermediate areas.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“That’s what we talked about just now is we should’ve played man a little bit more,” Jaguars free safety James Sample said. “That would’ve helped us out. After watching the film, they were picking us apart with short routes and zone beaters. I felt like I learned a lot from that tape.”

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The Jaguars were also content to only rush four against Brady.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">“As a defense, we were doing some out of character things,” Jaguars linebacker Dan Skuta said. “We didn’t shoot our gun as much as we usually do. But, they have some quick little dudes. Sometimes if you shoot that gun, it sounds easy, but they have some guys that will make you miss. ”

Carlyon T.U.  ^

Quote:In your 1st picture, we're in cover 3.

In your 2nd picture, we're in cover 2, where the Sam didn't bump Gronk and Pox didn't get enough depth to cover the deep middle of the field.

Poz was so bad Sunday..
Correct, those were the two "shells" in scheme. The commonality...the LBs must play in correct position. So far this year, the LBs are selling out and too considered with gap control versus zone control. The patriots operated of of a empty set most times than not, so LBs should have taken a few steps back instead of so short in the box. Puts a lot of pressure on a secondary that is inexperienced. Yep, Poz played pretty bad and that has been a reoccurring theme.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:I think it was a perfect storm.   Rebuilding team that was massively beset with injuries with a defense that was not designed to stop a team with small quick offensive players, vs the world champions who are all urinated off at the world and want to just pummel everyone to prove a point.  

Ouch ouch ouch

On to Indianapolis. 

Colvin is smaller and more quick than anything.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

The defense wasn't designed to have guys that were on the practice squad a week ago, or a former QB converting to CB out there facing Tom Brady.  We were dangerously close to having Brian Anger out there playing Safety on Sunday with the injuries. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The defense wasn't designed to have guys that were on the practice squad a week ago, or a former QB converting to CB out there facing Tom Brady. We were dangerously close to having Brian Anger out there playing Safety on Sunday with the injuries.

Every team has injuries. Tired of using it as an excuse

Quote:Every team has injuries. Tired of using it as an excuse

Very true...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries

We, do however, seem to be on the high end of the number of injuries (the Jets take the cake there), but without a doubt, we're near the top in terms of injury "quality." Our entire list is comprised of starters or key reserves. Heck, it isn't even fully accounting for our secondary injuries.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Very true...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries</a>

We, do however, seem to be on the high end of the number of injuries (the Jets take the cake there), but without a doubt, we're near the top in terms of injury "quality." Our entire list is comprised of starters or key reserves. Heck, it isn't even fully accounting for our secondary injuries.

Doesnt that seem like every year? Thats a problem

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:25 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Quote:I think it was a perfect storm. Rebuilding team that was massively beset with injuries with a defense that was not designed to stop a team with small quick offensive players, vs the world champions who are all urinated off at the world and want to just pummel everyone to prove a point.

Ouch ouch ouch

On to Indianapolis.
How many more perfect storms will the jaguars have to endure? I can't remember how many times I've heard "perfect storm" to describe our struggle but this surely isnt the 1st time. I'm not a fire gus guy but my gosh the game plan was clearly not working and we kept doing the same thing over and over. Yes players not plays, but I bet if Tom Brady is running the read option he isn't being utilized properly.

No it's not the wideouts it called Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck. They whip everyone not just our defense. Small corner, big corners it doesn't matter. Julian Edleman or Randy Moss. It doesn't matter. That duo is just good. They have terrorized the league for years. Just accept that the team was not capable of beating them.

They beat the Seahwaks in the super bowl and blew out the second best AFC team in the championship game by like 38.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 02:50 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Gus is an overrated DC

end of discussion

Please turn in your Seattle South Membership Card upon departure from the building. 

Poz leads the league in tackles with 34 and T.Smith is in 6th with 29.

I don't think they are the major problem, maybe they are trying too hard to make up for a lack of pass rush and a beat up secondary.

Quote:Doesnt that seem like every year? Thats a problem

You'll get no argument from me there, my friend.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Yea every team has injuries, but not every team has a practice squad CB playing safety and a QB playing CB against Brady. No team in the league would have been able to stop Brady in that situation.

We do need to stop playing 10 yards off the WRs. And get a different LB in on passing downs.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend