Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Season Begins this Week

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 12:41 PM by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.)

I've observed quite a bit of negativity on the message board since yesterdays loss, and frankly I'm at a loss. If we wanted to be competitive and win a game like yesterday, then we should have kept Jack Del Rio, who is currently the clear front runner for NFL Coach of the year after the masterful job he has done with the Oakland Raiders. Unfortunately for us though, that ship has sailed and we can only focus on the present, which is winning our division, winning the Ponce De Leon Cup and advancing to the playoffs. 

To the simple minded and uneducated football fan, yesterdays loss is a big deal and is embarrassing. To those who have the ability to think provocatively, yesterdays loss is just not a big deal and there are many positives to take away from the game. The simple minded thinker is frustrated that we lost,  and by the score in which we lost. The brilliant and provocative thinker recognizes that:  A) We spent all off season preparing for Jimmy Garoppolo,  the Pats back up QB as Brady was supposed to be suspended and just did not have time to adjust or change  the game plan to account for the return of Brady. Gus Bradley did a masterful job of keeping the offense bland, similar to what a college might do in the spring game, as to not tip our hand to this weeks divisional opponent, The Indianapolis Colts. Gus Bradley had the foresight to realize that this non divisional game was about as meaningful as NBA Preseason game, and I applaud him for that. C) Defensively, playing the prevent defense from the get go was brilliant and had Brady as confused as I've ever seen him. The Jags did a masterful job of taking away the sidelines and only allowing the Pats to operate in the middle of the field. Brady is getting up there in age and the massive amount of reps he had yesterday will no doubt catch up to him by playoff time. Should we play New England in late January this year, this will catch up with the Patriots, and if this playoff game is at all close in the second half - advantage Jacksonville. While I think Gus Bradley has proven to be a B+ coach thus far, I would give him an A+ for his ability to be a forward thinker. 

Regarding Bill Belichick, he's been accused of spying, having his qb deflate footballs, messing with the radio air waves, etc. Whether he's guilty as charged or not, only he will ever know and as far as I'm concerned, it's between him and his conscience.  What is not up for debate is what a total jerkhead he is, pardon my language. Whether it's the youth, high school, collegiate or professional level, in a blow out such as yesterday, all of the players should get a chance to play. The fact that Ryan Allen never got in the game for the Patriots is almost criminal, and shows just how bad Belijerkhead wanted to run the score up on us. While I feel terrible for this young man who didn't even get one snap, this just goes to show that Belichick fears us, sees us as a threat and wanted to embarrass our team.

All of this being said, raise your hand (I Just did) if you thought that this deep into the season the Jags would be in first place in the AFC South and all alone in first place in the Ponce De Leon Cup! The AFC South has clearly established itself as the most exciting division in all of football this year and if we are good enough to hang on and win the division, Goodell ought to just award us a first round bye in the playoffs. Now he won't do this, as this is the same commissioner who had us play the 3:05 game on Sep 20th while the Pats played at 12:00 on the same day knowing full well we had to play each other the following week, but that's a different story for a different day. Regarding the PDL Cup, at this point, it's our cup to lose as the standings are as follows:

*Jacksonville 1-2

Miami 1-2

Tampa Bay 1-2

*TieBreaker: Most games scheduled vs.  Ponce De Leon Cup divisional teams (Jacksonville (2), Miami (1) Tampa Bay (1)

The season starts Sunday vs. The Colts. Simple minded Jags fans need to get over themselves and yesterday and focus on divisional play, which starts this week. A win, and we are in the driver seat for the division, a loss would be unthinkable and unimaginable. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!