Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wife of Brent Grimes "most teams, they really don't care about winning"

Why are we still talking about this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So I got linked to a bleacher report article (about Miko Grimes) after reading about Brent Grimes wife getting arrested (Miko) and I really enjoyed it alot. It was an interview and I got to say, I really liked her takes on the NFL, but one thing that really jumped off the page to me was this quote:

"I ask Miko: What is her endgame? Her answer is swift.

"One of the things I want to do is make people understand that with most teams, they really don't care about winning," she said. "Winning is last, and making money is first. I see that with how my husband has been treated over the years and how other players have been treated. I'll never look at the sport as a fan. The NFL is too much of a business. Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but that's how it goes.""

Sad to say, I thought of the Jaguars immediately. Anyway it is a great interview about a woman who obviously has a pretty deep understanding of the game. Its a good read.

Link:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25239...uth-teller

I mean it is one of those common sense things but when you hear it from a player, or a family member of a player it kind of still stings after watching a poor product on the field as a fan.

I mean look at the Free Agent Signings made during this offseason.  How much does TE Julius Thomas really care about the team if he is still on the sidelines after breaking a finger/hand in the first preseason game /play on the field?