Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: "I don't think we played very well"

The jags make losing a art form

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The jags make losing a art form
Been going strong since 08

Quote:Been going strong since 08

Sarcasm...the official language of Jaguars fans everywhere since 2008 Smile

Come on fellas, I've been just as critical as the rest of you after losses and I do still think Gus is a buffoon. But let's give the Jags a break this week. Our squad and our QB showed alot of potential last week. We have been killed by injuries and we just played the friggin Patriots! Brady is the best QB of all time and he is determined to run up the score every week. Belicheck, when he isn't busy cheating, is a genius head coach who is known for confusing the crap out of young QBs. We were playing undrafted FAs out of position on defense!!!

I know it feels better to come vent on the board and crack jokes about Gus, but let's at least wait until the Indy game before we bust the pitchforks out. We can beat them, and if we do we will be on top of the division and can even make a run at the playoffs!! If the team comes out and plays bad again, then at least we will be justified in our complaints and we can be entertained by how the apologists attempt to defend Short Bus Gus.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:It is funny how dramatic you guys act I swear this fan base is full of morons
After all the years of losing, morons are pretty much the only ones still cheering. Its kind of sad, but you have to realize that at this point, if your still a fan, its not cause your smart, its cause your doing something out of love rather than logic. We have passionate fans, but by definition hooking yourself to this bandwagon is dumb in a culture that values winning.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Blake Bortles after 3 games this season

78.3 Rating, 53.8% comp, 698 yards, 5TD, 3 INT, 7 sacks, 1 Fumble

not horrible based on the stats but feels worse after watching the last three.

Quote:Blake Bortles after 3 games this season

That completion percentage is actually quite horrible.

Quote:Blake Bortles after 3 games this season

Quote:That completion percentage is actually quite horrible.
I agree with both these posts. Looking at Bortles Td:INT ratio, I have to say its a great improvement. But regressing on the completion percentage is a big no-no. 6.5+ YPA is actually decent tho. Very encouraging actually considering the low completion percentage. Gabbert never had over 6 for a season IIRC.

But overall, we are seeing improvement, which is all we can ask for at this point.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:That completion percentage is actually quite horrible.
Before the game it was the sixth worst in the League...

Quote:I agree with both these posts. Looking at Bortles Td:INT ratio, I have to say its a great improvement. But regressing on the completion percentage is a big no-no. 6.5+ YPA is actually decent tho. Very encouraging actually considering the low completion percentage. Gabbert never had over 6 for a season IIRC.

But overall, we are seeing improvement, which is all we can ask for at this point.

The fumble turned out in the jaguars advantage but if it hadnt that would be another thing we would be talking about.

Players are coached on how to deal with the media. The reason the media loved MJD was he ignored that for the most part and generally said what he thought and had a personality.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:One thing that kills me about the Jags offense is this. I know Bortles is going to make his mistakes and I can live with that but when Bortles makes a play it seems like the WR's choose that instance to not make their own play. Of course I know they aren't doing it on purpose but it just kills any momentum Bortles has. The offense will not function if the WR's cannot make the same plays that Bortles makes.

This aggravates me to no end as well. The offense is usually fighting uphill as is, and they just constantly shoot themselves in the foot.

Like that pass to Grant that went through his hands in the back of the end zone, the second it happened I'm thinking - well... that was the one shot we'll get there. Same for the pass where Lewis comically jukes a few guys down to the 3.

Quote:It is funny how dramatic you guys act I swear this fan base is full of morons

Seriously. This is ridiculous.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles has played well once in his last umpteen games. It will be time to move on very, very soon. 

oooooo

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

People that whine about the whiners are worse than the actual whiners.

ya think???

so obvious, even kindergarteners can see it...

Quote:After all the years of losing, morons are pretty much the only ones still cheering. Its kind of sad, but you have to realize that at this point, if your still a fan, its not cause your smart, its cause your doing something out of love rather than logic. We have passionate fans, but by definition hooking yourself to this bandwagon is dumb in a culture that values winning.
That was very well put sir! I nevertheless will hope for victories for the Jags, even if they do stink out loud.

In the jags defense, they are a young team with a lot of key players out on injuries...

who am I kidding, they stink. 

Quote:What would you have him say?
"I'm not going to sit here and make excuses, or hollow promises.  I'm going to have to show my resolve to improve on the field and on the scoreboard.  Starting now."

As a fan, i've had it with players tweeting about how they're going to be ready to battle next week and how they are improving every day and whatever other nonsense.  Show fans on the field.  A hard fought, well executed game will tell me everything I need or want to see from this team.  Not some stupid tweet.