Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: "I don't think we played very well"

Quote:It is funny how dramatic you guys act I swear this fan base is full of morons

Well after so many years of bad football I can understand why so many fans get upset. It's just embarrassing to say your a Jags fan nowadays.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I again agree with Blake. Im not sure how I would do in front of a Mic, I would more than likely get suspended.

Quote:After all the years of losing, morons are pretty much the only ones still cheering. Its kind of sad, but you have to realize that at this point, if your still a fan, its not cause your smart, its cause your doing something out of love rather than logic. We have passionate fans, but by definition hooking yourself to this bandwagon is dumb in a culture that values winning.
Well said

Quote:After all the years of losing, morons are pretty much the only ones still cheering. Its kind of sad, but you have to realize that at this point, if your still a fan, its not cause your smart, its cause your doing something out of love rather than logic. We have passionate fans, but by definition hooking yourself to this bandwagon is dumb in a culture that values winning.

I suspect that I've been watching the NFL probably longer than you've been alive.

I have to disagree with your "moron" statement.  Fans cheer for and stand by their team win or lose.  "Bandwagon" people only cheer for a team when they are winning.  When they are losing, the "bandwagon" people think that FANS are "morons" and "dumb".  The "culture" of the NFL is all about competition, and to say that FANS of losing teams are "dumb" or "morons" is just wrong.  This is COMPETITION and not "everyone gets a participation trophy".  Be disappointed if your team isn't winning the competition to get the ultimate trophy?  Certainly, but you don't stop being a FAN of a team just because they hit some pitfalls and one that is a FAN is not a "moron" or "dumb" for supporting their team.

I know plenty of people that were FANS of the Green Bay Packers back when they were pitiful just like when the New England Patriots were bad.  I could go on and on about teams that were at a peak and fell to the ground the same as teams that were on the bottom rising up to elite status.

If you think that I as a FAN of this team still cheering is "moronic", then you need to learn a lesson or two about life.  Seriously.  I don't "hitch up to a bandwagon", I stand by my team win or lose.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I suspect that I've been watching the NFL probably longer than you've been alive.

I have to disagree with your "moron" statement.  Fans cheer for and stand by their team win or lose.  "Bandwagon" people only cheer for a team when they are winning.  When they are losing, the "bandwagon" people think that FANS are "morons" and "dumb".  The "culture" of the NFL is all about competition, and to say that FANS of losing teams are "dumb" or "morons" is just wrong.  This is COMPETITION and not "everyone gets a participation trophy".  Be disappointed if your team isn't winning the competition to get the ultimate trophy?  Certainly, but you don't stop being a FAN of a team just because they hit some pitfalls and one that is a FAN is not a "moron" or "dumb" for supporting their team.

I know plenty of people that were FANS of the Green Bay Packers back when they were pitiful just like when the New England Patriots were bad.  I could go on and on about teams that were at a peak and fell to the ground the same as teams that were on the bottom rising up to elite status.

If you think that I as a FAN of this team still cheering is "moronic", then you need to learn a lesson or two about life.  Seriously.  I don't "hitch up to a bandwagon", I stand by my team win or lose.

Yeah, no. Rob winz.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Yeah, no. Rob winz.

And he gets the participation trophy.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You have to get very red in the face and curse at everyone to be taken seriously.

That's a team thats in year 1 of a rebuild. They currently 4-0. I'll take it

Quote:This aggravates me to no end as well. The offense is usually fighting uphill as is, and they just constantly shoot themselves in the foot.

Like that pass to Grant that went through his hands in the back of the end zone, the second it happened I'm thinking - well... that was the one shot we'll get there. Same for the pass where Lewis comically jukes a few guys down to the 3.

IIRC the pass to Lewis that was called back was a blown call by the Refs. They called it an illegal formation, but we had the requisite 7 players on the line of scrimmage.

Quote:I suspect that I've been watching the NFL probably longer than you've been alive.

All you have to do is look at the Pats records from 1960-2000. Plenty of lean years there. We've endured 1-15 and 2-14 on more than 1 occasion. All franchises go through these phases.

Quote:Come on fellas, I've been just as critical as the rest of you after losses and I do still think Gus is a buffoon. But let's give the Jags a break this week. Our squad and our QB showed alot of potential last week. We have been killed by injuries and we just played the friggin Patriots! Brady is the best QB of all time and he is determined to run up the score every week. Belicheck, when he isn't busy cheating, is a genius head coach who is known for confusing the crap out of young QBs. We were playing undrafted FAs out of position on defense!!!

I know it feels better to come vent on the board and crack jokes about Gus, but let's at least wait until the Indy game before we bust the pitchforks out. We can beat them, and if we do we will be on top of the division and can even make a run at the playoffs!! If the team comes out and plays bad again, then at least we will be justified in our complaints and we can be entertained by how the apologists attempt to defend Short Bus Gus.

Just a quick note here. No cheating has ever been proven. Spygate was for having cameras in the wrong spot not spying.

Quote:IIRC the pass to Lewis that was called back was a blown call by the Refs. They called it an illegal formation, but we had the requisite 7 players on the line of scrimmage.

I was wondering myself. But in his press conference Gus seemed to agree with the call. I couldn't understand his pronounciation 100% but it seemed like he agreed with it.

Still, we have that kind of stuff happen way too much. Someone has to help Bortles out.

Thumbs up! Good to know not all the crazies haven't taken over the asylum! <insert quote of dummy making a really crappy sarcastic "joke">

Yeah. What he said is one of the dumbest things I have read on this board, which is saying something.

If fans did not stick with teams during lean years, no team would have fans. I wonder how all the Bengals and Cardinals fans that stuck with those teams through decades of awfulness feel now that each is among the best teams in the league.

;

;

This is so moronic, it is sad to know an actual person typed it.

;

;

Lets say all these threads are right and GM Dave Caldwell and HC Gus Bradley are fired at the end of this season,

do you think Blake Bortles will go the way of Blaine Gabbert and maybe play for one year under the next run (GM/HC) or will he thrive under them?

I have seen tons of potential in Blake Bortles while I was suprised when they had drafted him because most said no QBs were ready to play right way thus a 1st round pick was a jump (of course they say a lot of things that are wrong too).

He looked horrible last season and the stats show it.   He has improved in the off season and does appear to play better in Olson system but he cant keep having games like he did against the Panthers, and Patrtiots.

Quote:Lets say all these threads are right and GM Dave Caldwell and HC Gus Bradley are fired at the end of this season,

do you think Blake Bortles will go the way of Blaine Gabbert and maybe play for one year under the next run (GM/HC) or will he thrive under them?

I have seen tons of potential in Blake Bortles while I was suprised when they had drafted him because most said no QBs were ready to play right way thus a 1st round pick was a jump (of course they say a lot of things that are wrong too).

He looked horrible last season and the stats show it.   He has improved in the off season and does appear to play better in Olson system but he cant keep having games like he did against the Panthers, and Patrtiots.

Caldwell isn't going anywhere.

;

;

Quote:Well after so many years of bad football I can understand why so many fans get upset. It's just embarrassing to say your a Jags fan nowadays.

All fans are upset, I couldn't even watch that game til the end it was so bad and I was angry at the team for playing like garbage, but, what's beyond irritating is when the fans come here and take out all their irrational anger on their fellow posters. They play victim as if everyone isn't over the losing. They make awful and I mean AWFUL sarcastic comment after sarcastic comment. At least Hurricane tries to be funny with his angst so it's more palatable.

The team is below average. A below average team with..... I don't even really know who is even hurt anymore, is going to lose and that sucks, but it is what it is I suppose. If it continues then most likely we're in for more changes in coaches, players, etc.... It never ends

Really harsh words by Rotoworld on Bortles;

Bortles was much worse than his garbage time-loaded stat line would suggest. He threw what should have been a 90-yard pick-six by Malcolm Butler and fumbled on the very next play only to see a teammate recover it for a first down. Preseason standout Bortles has predictably flopped once the games have become real. HIs two touchdowns on Sunday went to Allen Hurns on a blown coverage by the Patriots and then Clay Harbor deep in the fourth quarter. Bortles isn't a fantasy option in any format. The Jaguars travel to Indianapolis in Week 4.

Quote:People are talking like Bortles ruined a good team performance. The D didn't couldn't make any stops.

Exactly. If you want to see a qb ruin it for their team this past Sunday, take a look at Tannehill and Kaepernick. Stafford didn't do much to help his team either, and the Vikings won their game in spite of Teddy not looking to good. Alex Smith would join this mix as well, except he did manage to finally play some ok football in their fourth quarter comeback attempt.

'02

For those saying Bortles did such a horrible job this past week, consider the following two lists...

List of qb who threw for less yards than Bortles 242 yards week three...

Russell Wilson 235

Brandon Weeden 232

Ryan Mallett 228

Nick Foles 197

Ben Roethlisberger 192 (Michael Vick added 38 yards)

Teddy Bridgewater 121

Sam Bradford 118

Colin Kaepernick 67

Jimmy Clausen 63

List of QBs with a lower qb rating than Bortles 83.1

Andrew Luck 82.6

Ben Roethlisberger 82.6

Phillip Rivers 81.2

Alex Smith 80.2

Ryan Mallett 75.6

Matthew Stafford 74.5

Sam Bradford 73.2

Nick Foles 73.1

Kirk Cousins 69.8

Jameis Winston 69.3

Ryan Fitzpatrick 62.6

Jimmy Clausen 61.6

Ryan Tannehill 59.7

Teddy Bridgewater 50.9

Colin Kaepernick 16.7

'02

Quote:For those saying Bortles did such a horrible job this past week, consider the following two lists...

List of qb who threw for less yards than Bortles 242 yards week three...

Russell Wilson 235

Brandon Weeden 232

Ryan Mallett 228

Nick Foles 197

Ben Roethlisberger 192 (Michael Vick added 38 yards)

Teddy Bridgewater 121

Sam Bradford 118

Colin Kaepernick 67

Jimmy Clausen 63

List of QBs with a lower qb rating than Bortles 83.1

Andrew Luck 82.6

Ben Roethlisberger 82.6

Phillip Rivers 81.2

Alex Smith 80.2

Ryan Mallett 75.6

Matthew Stafford 74.5

Sam Bradford 73.2