Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

I believe there is a really good chance that Gus remains broken until he finds a true franchise QB for the Jags.

If he really believes that BB5 is that guy, as some on here do, then he really needs to find a way to get it out of him or it is going to be another long long season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's the assistant head coach. You think he doesn't have any input?
Now you're making stuff up.  You think because he's the assistant...

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Yeah I learned the hard way lol. Thought I was being clever and then wham.
Do what I do and filter yourself while calling it out.  Mod Mind Blown!  lol

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 05:34 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Do what I do and filter yourself while calling it out.  Mod Mind Blown!  lol

Show us an example of this, it shouldn't be hard after this game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How can anybody be upset over this game? Yea I admit I was [BAD WORD REMOVED] after week 1 because Carolina was a winnable game. We played the defending champs in their barn with probably the greatest QB of all time in full F U mode! Half of our secondary is out with injuries, along with our best defensive player, first round pick, prize free agent acquisition, with injuries along the OL to boot. We had no chance at this game no matter what. The Pats are [BAD WORD REMOVED] at the NFL right now and will be running up the score on teams every week.

We got a solid win last week, let's see how we do in Indy next week before getting our panties in a bunch. Indy looks very beatable and we can stay in the division race with a win.
This. 

Del Rio > Bradley. Gus is a pathetic head coach that's no better than the coach before him.

Quote:This. 
I would be ok with losing if we looked like a real football team and not a team that can't compete...I understand how good the pats are but there is no excuse to get 50 points scored against you unless you stink bad. we are supposed to be improved, we are supposed to be competitive and this game did not show that

Quote:Show us an example of this, it shouldn't be hard after this game.
Here you go:

After 20 years of watching and cheering this team on this has to be the most pathetic (bad word removed by poster) game I have ever (bad word removed by poster) observed.  

Now watch me get a warning for calling it out. lol

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

There's probably a W-L number and expectations, but I give it to the bye week before changes are made.

Could be worse. We could've lost to Miami last week who is getting blown out by Buffalo right now.

Quote:This team just doesn't have enough guys that play above the x's and o's on a consistent basis, particulary at the positions (QB, DE, WR) needed to compete with the upper echelon teams in this league.

You're absolutely deranged of you think bortles is the problem dude
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

http://capstonereport.com/wp-content/upl...n-fire.png

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:This team just doesn't have enough guys that play above the x's and o's  on a consistent basis, particulary at the positions (QB, DE, WR) needed to compete with the upper echelon teams in this league.

Pretty much.

I'm a pretty patient guy but good gawd the wait for improvement is wearing me pretty thin.

I'll be honest, I was disappointed by the D.

They played way too soft and gave Brady WAAAAAY too much respect.

That first throw to Gronk where he was pretty much uncovered made me realize the D wasn't there to play.  I mean, how to you forget about Gronk?  Pathetic.

The D should go all out.  This soft zone stuff aint gonna do it.  We have the CBs...  We should put pressure on every play.  Zones just don't get it done...

The D really let us down this week.  I think the D won the game last week, and kept us in the game against Carolina.  But man, you can't play soft against the patriots.  You just can't...

Anyways, next week is important...

I wasn't surprised that we lost to New England, however, it is very disappointing to lose in that manner. Gus needs to get this team firing for next week's game because if they don't they will lose again. The Colts offense started to fire today against the Titans, and if they kick on like I expect them to, we could be in for another beating. Hate to sound negative, I want to believe this team can turn the corner, but it's tough to see this coaching staff turning this team around.

To those that say - "we beat Miami" - so what? We beat an over rated, over hyped team. Past two seasons they've choked at crunch time, and this season, they're doing the same but this time they are doing it early on. Like us, they are poorly coached.

For me, I think Gus will coach out this season and do what he can to develop the players, and then he will hand the reins over to a more capable head coach. Only way I see him getting another year is if this team manages to hit .500, and unless something happens, I am not convinced we will. But hey, maybe in a day or two I'll change my mind...

Quote:The D should go all out.  This soft zone stuff aint gonna do it.  We have the CBs...  We should put pressure on every play.  Zones just don't get it done...

That would have been a disaster. The Pats would have put 50+ on the Jags if they followed your suggestion.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:That would have been a disaster. The Pats would have put 50+ on the Jags if they followed your suggestion.

Well, we knew doing the opposite of his suggestion didn't do much better.

If Gus goes, David has to go with him. He's the one that blew it all up and then went on to compile what to this point is worse then anything he blew up. You can't fire the driver and not fire the engineer that built the car that won't get out of 3rd gear. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 07:23 PM by elprimero.)

David's more to blame than Gus, imo. He is the boss/architect of this disaster. Obviously this board's football IQ is nowhere near his, but time and time again we say we hate his decisions and we're on the right side more often than not. I feel like that says something.

Quote:That would have been a disaster. The Pats would have put 50+ on the Jags if they followed your suggestion.

You mean like they did anyway??