Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...You're Gus Bradley...

Quote:How do you address the team and the media after suffering one of the worst [BAD WORD REMOVED] beatings in franchise history?

We believe in losing, We believe in losing, and then cry.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gus better start winning some of these divisional games or he can pack his stuff come bye week.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I agree with this.  The best option going forward is number 2 - keep Gus and draft in the top 3 again.  An interim HC could screw things up and get us a few meaningless wins.  

What exactly does an interim HC screw up for us?  We don't have much going for us anyway.  Bradley doesn't call offensive plays nor run any ounce of the offense.  If he has anything to do with the defense, well, it's not impressive.  So, what exactly is loss by having an Interim HC?

Quote:What exactly does an interim HC screw up for us?  We don't have much going for us anyway.  Bradley doesn't call offensive plays nor run any ounce of the offense.  If he has anything to do with the defense, well, it's not impressive.  So, what exactly is loss by having an Interim HC?
That's easy - let's say you get Marrone as the interim HC.  He'll almost certainly do a better job of preparing the team than Bradley.  Team plays better in a few games and instead of finishing 2-14 you end up 4-12.  You may end up losing in draft position. 

The best thing with Gus is you know the team is going to be outcoached and out prepared every week because he's in over his head.  

Quote:That's easy - let's say you get Marrone as the interim HC. He'll almost certainly do a better job of preparing the team than Bradley. Team plays better in a few games and instead of finishing 2-14 you end up 4-12. You may end up losing in draft position.

The best thing with Gus is you know the team is going to be outcoached and out prepared every week because he's in over his head.

You got me there lol

Quote:What exactly does an interim HC screw up for us?  We don't have much going for us anyway.  Bradley doesn't call offensive plays nor run any ounce of the offense.  If he has anything to do with the defense, well, it's not impressive.  So, what exactly is loss by having an Interim HC?

I honestly don't see much of a downside either. And if the team doesn't win again (or only wins once) by the time they are leaving London I think it could happen.

Imagine getting embarrassed in London for the third straight year.

Quote:I honestly don't see much of a downside either. And if the team doesn't win again (or only wins once) by the time they are leaving London I think it could happen.

Imagine getting embarrassed in London for the third straight year.

Imagine?  The way the bills are playing it is seeming like a strong possibility.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Thats what I mean. Seems like a foregone conclusion.

Quote:That's easy - let's say you get Marrone as the interim HC. He'll almost certainly do a better job of preparing the team than Bradley. Team plays better in a few games and instead of finishing 2-14 you end up 4-12. You may end up losing in draft position.

Winning some games is more important for this young team than a couple of draft positions in my opinion.

Quote:Winning some games is more important for this young team than a couple of draft positions in my opinion.

Haven't people said that the last 4 years lol? I'm not so sure the few pathetic wins pay off other than ensuring the Colts draft Luck.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 10:45 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Haven't people said that the last 4 years lol? I'm not so sure the few pathetic wins pay off other than ensuring the Colts draft Luck.

What's your point? I'm saying fly with Doug Marrone and let Gus go.  I don't care if he wins a few mores games and we lost a few draft spots.  Winning is more important.

I guess the catch here is IF you pick the right coach next season.  Otherwise we're in the same boat we're in now with the last two coaches.

Quote:What's your point? I'm saying fly with Doug Marrone and let Gus go. I don't care if he wins a few mores games and we lost a few draft spots. Winning is more important.

I guess the catch here is IF you pick the right coach next season. Otherwise we're in the same boat we're in now with the last two coaches.

No argument here. Overall, I agree it's worth kicking Gus and giving Marrone a try out. That way Khan/Caldwell can line up their end of season interviews first.

Okay...   I'm dour mood dead eyed Gus Bradley and I have cable.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Gus needs to identify things we are really good at and work on executing them with very high success rates.

Quote:Gus needs to identify things we are really good at and work on executing them with very high success rates.

Why didn't anybody else think of this? You need to call his radio show and let him know.