Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We all knew what to expect today, so why are we angry?

Quote:Im more disappointed at how much we lost by. That said its over a lot of football left

This

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 05:02 PM by Varan101.)

It's okay to be a door mat to elite teams so long as you expect it ahead of time.

You're never going to win against Brady playing off his WRs. Zone does not work against Brady.

Quote:Honest question. We all knew playing the Pats at home would be a tough challenge. We all knew Brady is out to prove something to the NFL. We all knew Vegas had us losing big time. We all knew we we're down quite a few players due to injury going into this game making the task at hand that much more difficult. So why do we act like we should have shocked the world today?
Is this what getting better is supposed to look like? why shouldn't we be pissed? we are supposed to be competitive and I really don't think we are showing very much improvement from the JDR regime...same stupid play ten yards off the receivers soft zone bend all the way down the field into the end zone [BLEEP], and same old offense who can't find their [BLEEP] with both hands... 

Quote:Honest question. We all knew playing the Pats at home would be a tough challenge. We all knew Brady is out to prove something to the NFL. We all knew Vegas had us losing big time. We all knew we we're down quite a few players due to injury going into this game making the task at hand that much more difficult. So why do we act like we should have shocked the world today?

You are so right. Giving up a 50 spot and making one of the worse defenses in the league look elite is so fine by me. I like losing. But even more then losing I like it when my team isn't even competitive in losing.

Not angry. Just continually perplexed by things we do. Like run the ball up the middle and get stuffed. Every play. I mean, is it just me, or do others have expectations that when the game plan does not work we should see an adjustment like, I dunno, throwing the ball more. At least throwing the ball we had opportunities.

Or maybe I just don't understand an NFL gameplan.

No o-line, no shut down corners, no pass rush, no dual threat receivers. Arob, hurns played well, Yeldon played well, bottles gave our guys chances to make plays, and we went up against the defending super bowl champs. What is wrong with some of you and your expectations?
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

Quote:Not angry. Just continually perplexed by things we do. Like run the ball up the middle and get stuffed. Every play. I mean, is it just me, or do others have expectations that when the game plan does not work we should see an adjustment like, I dunno, throwing the ball more. At least throwing the ball we had opportunities.

Or maybe I just don't understand an NFL gameplan.

Kindergartners are not supposed to understand the complexities an NFL game plan.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:You're never going to win against Brady playing off his WRs. Zone does not work against Brady.

Of all the bad things we saw today, this was probably the most frustrating for me personally. You DO NOT play zone against Brady. Most of us know this...

Then again, we're down so many DBs, I'm hoping they felt they had no choice. Our 5th DB vs. Edelman in man coverage isn't a much better look.

On a marginal bright side, Buffalo and Arizona are looking likely to drop 50 on their opponents also, so we might not be alone.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Of all the bad things we saw today, this was probably the most frustrating for me personally. You DO NOT play zone against Brady. Most of us know this...

Then again, we're down so many DBs, I'm hoping they felt they had no choice. Our 5th DB vs. Edelman in man coverage isn't a much better look.

On a marginal bright side, Buffalo and Arizona are looking likely to drop 50 on their opponents also, so we might not be alone.
Buffalo gave up 40 vs the Pats last week, and the Bills defense is prob the best in the NFL

No reason for us to be all worked up over our banged up defense giving up 50 vs the Pats 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think the fact that our defense doesnt play football. This give the WR 10 yards, let him catch it and then tackle him mess stinks. We know Brady throws two ways, short and to Grunk. I dont understand why for 10 years we have been playing the same defense with different coaches. 

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:I think the fact that our defense doesnt play football. This give the WR 10 yards, let him catch it and then tackle him mess stinks. We know Brady throws two ways, short and to Grunk. I dont understand why for 10 years we have been playing the same defense with different coaches.

Maybe you should share your defensive knowledge with the rest of the league because they've been trying to stop Brady for 15 years without success. I'm sure if it was just that simple Brady wouldn't have 400 TDs.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Maybe you should share your defensive knowledge with the rest of the league because they've been trying to stop Brady for 15 years without success. I'm sure if it was just that simple Brady wouldn't have 400 TDs.

Lets hear your logic sporty. 

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Buffalo gave up 40 vs the Pats last week, and the Bills defense is prob the best in the NFL

No reason for us to be all worked up over our banged up defense giving up 50 vs the Pats 

I'm not worked up, merely making observations. It's gonna take a whole lot more for a football game to get me worked up, my friend. My only point was that Brady has proven time and again that zones don't work against him. You're right about Buffalo, at least in the AFC. I'm thinking I'd take Arizona's defense over Buffalo's right now. And I maintain that Arizona just might drop 50+ on San Fran. Smile

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Didn't we also know the Pats are coming off a SB win? They are the better team. I fully expected them to dominate the Jags, didn't you? They've been one of the best teams in the NFL for the past 15 years.

I don't expect ANY team to hang 51 points on us.  It's embarrassing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Im really not upset or really surprised. I did however expect us to keep them to 40 something. Didnt really expect them to hit the 50.

Quote:I learned to detach my happiness from the win loss record and score of the team that I love. 

And I am less connected to the joy of football than I've been in all my 54 years.  This is how I felt before I finally gave up on the Falcons during the June Jones/Jerry Glanville era.  Now, I am pleased when they win.  But I have no real emotional attachment.  This year after futile year of rebuilding is killing to joy of the Jags for me.

Fix the O-Line!

Quote:I think the fact that our defense doesnt play football. This give the WR 10 yards, let him catch it and then tackle him mess stinks. We know Brady throws two ways, short and to Grunk. I dont understand why for 10 years we have been playing the same defense with different coaches. 

The Patriots have two offensive players worth anything, Brady and Gronk.  Everyone else is just a guy.  And they hang 51 points on our defense.

Fix the O-Line!

Nobody was expecting us to shock the world.  Nobody was expecting us to win.  In fact, almost nobody expected a super close game.

We're very disappointed we couldn't force a single punt.

We're disappointed that our franchise QB continues to make very costly mistakes and lacks accuracy.

We're disappointed because even against the Patriots, it's inexcusable to allow 51 points while struggling to move the ball on a defense that isn't even known for being any good.

So I'm not really sure what in the world you're talking about.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'm not angry. I'm just tired of watching bad football. I don't like losing, but it is much more tolerable if the football was entertaining. The last 4 years I've had to watch Chump and my gators and the jags. I'm barely hanging on to my sanity here. I'd just like to watch entertaining football.