Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We all knew what to expect today, so why are we angry?

I expected a loss but I had hoped the team turned some kind of corner before this particular meeting with the Patriots. A 31-20 loss would have been a lot easier to digest. Any time you lose 51-17 in the NFL it is a total team effort of epic fail. We're still a long way from being prime time ready.

No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At least if the Offense would've been productive in passing despite the Defense letting up so many points...

then i could say that they wouldve beaten many other NFL teams, but to have one of the worst head to heads against the Pats was hard to watch.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">No-one expected to beat the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if they went unbeaten again. Brady is clearly a man possessed and I would think cement his GOAT position this season. The main frustration comes from 3 things.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Terrible preparation and coaching. I also include the time management and that terrible decision to fake punt in our own territory. But worst of all was the playcalling on the crucial 2 minute drive before half time. It was not the time to go gung-ho.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- They scored on all 9 (nine) possessions they had. They had a record equalling 35 first downs. Yes its tough to defend against the Brady, Gronk, Edelman trio, but not forcing 1 punt in the game is unacceptable. As many have said, playing zone was suicide as it played to Brady's biggest strength of the 5-15 short pass game. Not to mention the run defense and general tackling again was terrible.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Bortles had a terrible game. His throws were on the whole inaccurate. The throw for the pick sailed very high, and he could have been picked off twice more, especially the Butler one. It feels like he's plateauing, which is very worrying. To pick a QB at 3 when he has a fundamental problem with throwing the ball just seems stupid, especially as Mack was there to be taken, and the draft also contained Bridgewater (who isn't himself lighting the league on fire) and Carr. Blake feels like a 3rd or 4th round QB. I really like Yeldon, but the playcalling on the run game, and execution by the OLine has been terrible all year.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Its all very well people saying that the Patriots are the best team, so it doesn't matter. The problem with that is, to actually advance in the post season, assuming we ever make it that far, we'll play teams of the calibre of the Patriots. Quite clearly we're 2 or 3 years away still of being remotely able to compete.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I'm still amazed that a team which has had so many top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years is still so bad.

Quote: 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">No-one expected to beat the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if they went unbeaten again. Brady is clearly a man possessed and I would think cement his GOAT position this season. The main frustration comes from 3 things.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Terrible preparation and coaching. I also include the time management and that terrible decision to fake punt in our own territory. But worst of all was the playcalling on the crucial 2 minute drive before half time. It was not the time to go gung-ho.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- They scored on all 9 (nine) possessions they had. They had a record equalling 35 first downs. Yes its tough to defend against the Brady, Gronk, Edelman trio, but not forcing 1 punt in the game is unacceptable. As many have said, playing zone was suicide as it played to Brady's biggest strength of the 5-15 short pass game. Not to mention the run defense and general tackling again was terrible.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- Bortles had a terrible game. His throws were on the whole inaccurate. The throw for the pick sailed very high, and he could have been picked off twice more, especially the Butler one. It feels like he's plateauing, which is very worrying. To pick a QB at 3 when he has a fundamental problem with throwing the ball just seems stupid, especially as Mack was there to be taken, and the draft also contained Bridgewater (who isn't himself lighting the league on fire) and Carr. Blake feels like a 3rd or 4th round QB. I really like Yeldon, but the playcalling on the run game, and execution by the OLine has been terrible all year.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Its all very well people saying that the Patriots are the best team, so it doesn't matter. The problem with that is, to actually advance in the post season, assuming we ever make it that far, we'll play teams of the calibre of the Patriots. Quite clearly we're 2 or 3 years away still of being remotely able to compete.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">I'm still amazed that a team which has had so many top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years is still so bad.

Totally agree.

Especially on the Blake interception: you have just come out of the 2 minutes warning, you are 1st and 10 on the 50y and you just don't go out and throw a pick like that. That completely killed the game.

I really felt bad for Yeldon yesterday, I really like him but the run blocking was outrageous they kept giving him the ball against a wall of defenders on the LOS.

What let me down was in fact the poor performance of the offense, it was understandable to suffer with the defense (although I think our game plan was wrong there as well) but the offense had (apparently) the tools to put up a better game against a not so great (on paper) Patriots defense. That was worrying.

I really hope they can turn it around against the Colts which is another team that on paper should allow our offense to make its plays. We'll see.

Quote: 

This is all on the coaching staff.  

We're 1-2. A lot of people on here said we'd be 0-4 after the Panthers game.

People kneejerk on here far too much. We win a very tight game and we're suddenly awesome. We get stomped in Gillette and we're the worst team ever.

Quote:We're 1-2. A lot of people on here said we'd be 0-4 after the Panthers game.

People kneejerk on here far too much. We win a very tight game and we're suddenly awesome. We get stomped in Gillette and we're the worst team ever.

Exactly. If we win next week, they will forget about calling for everyone's heads.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote: 

Good post.

I will say though that New England is BY FAR the best team in the AFC and it isn't even close right now. The only teams I see realistically even giving them a game are Green Bay and Arizona. Anyone else, including Seattle...would likely get slaughtered.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">No-one expected to beat the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if they went unbeaten again. Brady is clearly a man possessed and I would think cement his GOAT position this season. The main frustration comes from 3 things.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- Terrible preparation and coaching. I also include the time management and that terrible decision to fake punt in our own territory. But worst of all was the playcalling on the crucial 2 minute drive before half time. It was not the time to go gung-ho.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- They scored on all 9 (nine) possessions they had. They had a record equalling 35 first downs. Yes its tough to defend against the Brady, Gronk, Edelman trio, but not forcing 1 punt in the game is unacceptable. As many have said, playing zone was suicide as it played to Brady's biggest strength of the 5-15 short pass game. Not to mention the run defense and general tackling again was terrible.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- Bortles had a terrible game. His throws were on the whole inaccurate. The throw for the pick sailed very high, and he could have been picked off twice more, especially the Butler one. It feels like he's plateauing, which is very worrying. To pick a QB at 3 when he has a fundamental problem with throwing the ball just seems stupid, especially as Mack was there to be taken, and the draft also contained Bridgewater (who isn't himself lighting the league on fire) and Carr. Blake feels like a 3rd or 4th round QB. I really like Yeldon, but the playcalling on the run game, and execution by the OLine has been terrible all year.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Its all very well people saying that the Patriots are the best team, so it doesn't matter. The problem with that is, to actually advance in the post season, assuming we ever make it that far, we'll play teams of the calibre of the Patriots. Quite clearly we're 2 or 3 years away still of being remotely able to compete.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">I'm still amazed that a team which has had so many top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years is still so bad.

Fantastic post

My positive from the game....

It sure was nice to see some dang offensive pass interference against their basketball on grass offense.

Other than that the first half was okay.  The second half was brutal.  I think Blake is progressing, the problem is the rest of the offense requires the same time to develop and it continues to put pressure on a defense without a secondary.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 09:42 PM by moejr.)

Quote:Good post.

I will say though that New England is BY FAR the best team in the AFC and it isn't even close right now. The only teams I see realistically even giving them a game are Green Bay and Arizona. Anyone else, including Seattle...would likely get slaughtered.

Pats fan here in peace. Come back off the ledge. The Pats aren't going 16-0. I predicted 12-4 for us. We still have Indy at their dome and Denver at their place also. Plus Dallas at their place and our kryptonite the Giants in NY. Easily 4 games we coud lose. Our D is middle of the pack right now.

Quote:Thank you someone who sees what I saw there is no way they cared about this game. They are saving themselves for the Colts

With all due respect...

Do you not see how troubling it would be if in fact Gus decided to not go all out for a week 3 game in order to save it for next week.

That sounds stupid...

I don't think a coach that believes in that type of philosophy will ever be successful.

The fact that our defense looked like they were playing soft zones all day makes your hypothesis possible. But I hope Gus didn't actually just give up on a week 3 game... that would be bad....

Quote:Exactly. If we win next week, they will forget about calling for everyone's heads.

If we win this Sunday we make the playoffs--- no doubt in my mind.

But the question is, do you think Gus is the type of coach that will have us ready to win this have?