Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a Pro Bowler

Seriously, I saw him at Beach Bowl last week. He bowled a 278.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seriously, I saw him at Beach Bowl last week. He bowled a 278.

lol got me

In all seriousness, I'm not mad at BB. Its a road game against the Super Bowl champs and a HC who is known for confusing young QB's. On top of that, he is playing from behind and pressing.

This week is a wash in my opinion and isn't even worth monitoring his development.

Next week is a different story.

Quote:In all seriousness, I'm not mad at BB. Its a road game against the Super Bowl champs and a HC who is known for confusing young QB's. On top of that, he is playing from behind and pressing.

This week is a wash in my opinion and isn't even worth monitoring his development.

Unfortunately, he was pressing since his first pass. Well, before the jags fell behind.

Quote:In all seriousness, I'm not mad at BB. Its a road game against the Super Bowl champs and a HC who is known for confusing young QB's. On top of that, he is playing from behind and pressing.

So Tyrod Taylor gets a pass?

Quote:So Tyrod Taylor gets a pass?

Not a pass, just a bad week to evaluate progress IMO. Not apologizing for the guy, but not ready to cut him.

It's ok bortles. You don't have to try this week.

^the same Tyrod Taylor that put up 4 TDs (admittedly 3 int) on the pats in his second career start.

Stop making excuses for Bortles and accept him for who he is.

Don't worry, the Gators came back from 20-7 last night. Anything can happen

Quote:Not a pass, just a bad week to evaluate progress IMO. Not apologizing for the guy, but not ready to cut him.

If he's behind Tyrod Taylor in his development at this point in his career, that is a huge concern

How was he with the pick 6 pin?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The excuse train for bortles coming to a town near you be there

Seriously, from what I saw today, he can throw a bowling ball better than a football.

Quote:^the same Tyrod Taylor that put up 4 TDs (admittedly 3 int) on the pats in his second career start.

Stop making excuses for Bortles and accept him for who he is.

Taylor did most of his damage in garbage time. Most concerning with Blake is his mechanics, although improved, still aren't great or consistent enough and it hurts his accuracy. He can still improve, but it doesn't look like we have a natural, elite top 5 QB on our hands. If he keeps improving he can eventually be a decent starter, in the Stafford or even Rivers category. Blake does have a few good traits and alot of potential.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I saw him there also, there was one frame where the ball skipped into the other lane and knocked over 6 of the other guys pins....he needs to work on his mechanics.

Quote:Taylor did most of his damage in garbage time. Most concerning with Blake is his mechanics, although improved, still aren't great or consistent enough and it hurts his accuracy. He can still improve, but it doesn't look like we have a natural, elite top 5 QB on our hands. If he keeps improving he can eventually be a decent starter, in the Stafford or even Rivers category. Blake does have a few good traits and alot of potential.
He does remind me a bit of Stafford, just without the talented WR's...

meh, 3rd game under another brand new offensive coordinator

I think bortles is the least of this teams problems, he throws some head scratchers but makes up for it with some beauties as well

can't really expect a whole lot more from a 2nd year guy, under a 1st year o coordinator with the type of coaching we have at the top combined with injuries

His best chance is indeed to channel his inner Don Carter. He sure ain't making it on the football field.