Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sample

Does anyone know if sample gonna start this week, or is cyp back? Sorry been busy with work all week not sure if it's been covered already.

I thought he looked pretty good last week.
Jags 4 Life

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty sure I read Cyp will be game time decision.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Does anyone know if sample gonna start this week, or is cyp back? Sorry been busy with work all week not sure if it's been covered already.

I thought he looked pretty good last week.

Sample struggled last week. He has skill, no doubt, but Josh Evans played a better game.
Shock the world

Well it is expected in his first start. But I didn't seer him miss any talks just a few bad angles.

I hope we get some really God play from or linebackers tomorrow as brady doesn't throw deep as often anymore.
Jags 4 Life

Sample so far has just been getting his feet wet, but from an athletic and physical standpoint, he may be our best option against Gronk.

I'm guessing Cyp misses the game. Gus says he's 50/50, but I just got the impression from Cyp's interview this past week that he's not expecting to play. That could easily change tho, so I won't be shocked if it turns out he's starting.

'02

You can see the talent and athletic ability with Sample.

I wouldn't mind a Sample and Ramsey(if we draft him in teh 1st) pairing

Sample didnt play bad last week. He was rated the best safety in college last year against the pass. Was his first game last week, i hope he gets the start again this week. We pretty much know what Cyp is

Sexton is suggesting that Telvin Smith who at 6' 3" ran a 4.5 flat at the combine (his "fastest 40" was a 4.37) will get a look covering Gronk. I imagine it will take constant double teams with Sample involved as well.

'02

Quote:Sexton is suggesting that Telvin Smith who at 6' 3" ran a 4.5 flat at the combine (his "fastest 40" was a 4.37) will get a look covering Gronk. I imagine it will take constant double teams with Sample involved as well.

Good. Let Telvin battle it out with Gronk. He's a confident dude. Make a name for yourself young man!
Shock the world

I dont think Gronk can be stopped making catches,all I want to see from Telvin is tackling him low face to lace style,nothing worse than watching defensive players try to take Gronk up high.

Quote:Sample struggled last week. He has skill, no doubt, but Josh Evans played a better game.

After watching replay 2 times Evans was ALOT better

Quote:After watching replay 2 times Evans was ALOT better

Thank you. I think the fans are overrating Sample right now. Physically he is there, but he took awful angles and got beat on several plays. Pretty much played like a rookie who has missed some time. I still have hopes for him.

Josh Evans actually came in and played with a little more juice and energy and I was surprised to see that. Props to him for being ready when his number was called.
Shock the world

The two plays that stood out to me were Sample missing a chance to bring the Miami RB down for a loss. And giving up a TD to a backup tight end.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 10:52 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I don't think Gronk can be stopped making catches. All I want to see from Telvin is tackling him low face to lace style, nothing worse than watching defensive players try to take Gronk up high.

When Gronk catches the ball, he runs. You can't stop him anymore. Telvin will have to keep the ball out of his hands.

Regarding Sample, I don't think he was terrible for someone playing his first game, but he obviously should not start over Jonathan Cyprien.

Evans is better than Sample at this stage in his career.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Evans is better than Sample at this stage in his career.

Agree and sad to say

;

;