Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's 'slap the bull'

Every sports 'talking head' in the country has the pats winning this game by a large margin, even 'Vegas has over a 14 point spread. Virtually every factor in this game favors the pats coming away with an easy win. The Jags have been bad, really bad, for a long time now and no one but teal tea drinking homers are convinced yet that they are anything different this season just by last weeks squeaker victory over Miami. 

Therefore, since we essentially have a very low probability of a victory in this game anyway, why not 'slap the bull' as they say, and lets do some unorthodox game planning. Let's see some of the kind of play calling that has been used so successfully on us in the distant past by former tacks HC 'mullet head' fisher and use it on the pats. 

After all, we have about a snowballs chance in a furnace of actually winning this one anyway.

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Every sports 'talking head' in the country has the pats winning this game by a large margin, even 'Vegas has over a 14 point spread. Virtually every factor in this game favors the pats coming away with an easy win. The Jags have been bad, really bad, for a long time now and no one but teal tea drinking homers are convinced yet that they are anything different this season just by last weeks squeaker victory over Miami. 

Therefore, since we essentially have a very low probability of a victory in this game anyway, why not 'slap the bull' as they say, and lets do some unorthodox game planning. Let's see some of the kind of play calling that has been used so successfully on us in the distant past by former tacks HC 'mullet head' fisher and use it on the pats. 

After all, we have about a snowballs chance in a furnace of actually winning this one anyway.

Go Jags!

I'm all for it, I see no chance in hell the Jags win this game right now. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I'm all for it, I see no chance in hell the Jags win this game right now. 

Your name says it all, son. 

Time to nut up or shut up.

Why deviate from the traditional game plan just because the game seems unwinnable? The way I see it, I'd much rather see traditional game planning against arguably the best team in the NFL. I know it's going to be a lopsided victory for the Pats, but i'd still like to see how each position matches up, without the "unorthodox game planning".

This game should be a true test on where we're at as a team and how much further we have to go.. So let's not muck it up with Tom Foolery.. 

My 2 cents..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Your name says it all, son.

Time to nut up or shut up.

AnyGivenSunday isn't even a fan. He was on the relocation train week one. He needs to change his username to Charmin.

"Yeah, this is the same Jags every single year. I'm done with this team. Meanwhile, Mariota throws 4 TD's with a subpar receiving corp? Move to London, LA, or San Diego... I'll pay attention to the Sharks, who knows what it's like to win something."

Best chance to win is to do what you do best.  Run the ball, play solid defense. The funny stuff isn't going to work against the Pats.  

It does not matter if New England is a 7 or 37 point favorite. We only get respect and show improvement if we win the game. The Any Given Sunday rule still applies. Don't you remember in 2010, we all expected to get blown out by the Colts at home, then won it on Josh Scobee's right foot? I always think of  that game to give myself some hope when it looks like an automatic loss on the schedule.

Quote:AnyGivenSunday isn't even a fan. He was on the relocation train week one. He needs to change his username to Charmin.

"Yeah, this is the same Jags every single year. I'm done with this team. Meanwhile, Mariota throws 4 TD's with a subpar receiving corp? Move to London, LA, or San Diego... I'll pay attention to the Sharks, who knows what it's like to win something."

I'm glad I made enough noise to have a constant fan in you brother, it's flattering really. 

And yeah I realize what my username means, it doesn't correlate to the Patriots current status whatsoever lol. 

I'll gladly take the win, and I'll be tuning in tomorrow at game time, but it doesn't mean I expect good things. 

I have friends who think Brady is going to be pulled in the 3rd quarter because it's going to be that big of a blowout...

I'm like this isn't the Blaine Gabbert Jaguars anymore you know..
Shock the world

Slap the bull and poke the bear, gimme the Jags and 14 dammit! 

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 04:40 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I'm glad I made enough noise to have a constant fan in you brother, it's flattering really.

And yeah I realize what my username means, it doesn't correlate to the Patriots current status whatsoever lol.

I'll gladly take the win, and I'll be tuning in tomorrow at game time, but it doesn't mean I expect good things.
So did you not say you were done with this team and wanted us relocated? And you still haven't answered my question. Why are you still posting here?

Quote:So did you not say you were done with this team and wanted us relocated? And you still haven't answered my question. Why are you still posting here?

I'm not defending anyone but people get mad and in their emotions tend to make really stupid comments and decisions. Maybe his cat died or had the needle farts that day, who knows?

Really? Flatulence in its slang term is a bad word?

Quote:Really? Flatulence in its slang term is a bad word?

And very offensive, god it's bad enough that my cat died. 

Quote:I'm not defending anyone but people get mad and in their emotions tend to make really stupid comments and decisions. Maybe his cat died or had the needle [BAD WORD REMOVED] that day, who knows?

You mean people act like 12 year olds and throw a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. Yeah sorry, no defending that.

First play I would send a blitz from Brady's blind side and hit him hard. Yes, risk a roughing the passer penalty, but he needs to be hit hard early in the first.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

well... 20-3 by half time. Nice job of 'slapping that bull'...

Quote:well... 20-3 by half time. Nice job of 'slapping that bull'...
We did slap the bull.

The thing is, if you slap a bull, the odds are great he will simply turn around and end you.