Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would a win on Sunday against New England mean to you?

Quote:To me, it would mean that Gus is the coach we imagined he could be when hired. And that Blake is the QB we've been searching for.

It would mean we've finally found the end of this long, long tunnel.

Perfectly put and my feelings exactly. This tunnel has gone on too long.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I live in an area infested with New England fans, A win would mean torturing them greatly!!

I ca hear it now...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Miami sucks so it's just one win over a good team, and the Patriots gave the game away. The Jaguars still suck.

I know we won't be saying this, but your average NFL fan is saying something like this. ESPN might raise us one or two spots after lowering us a spot last week.

'02

A win means our players are doing what they get paid millions to do, that's it, one win means nothing in the grand scheme, the same as one loss, the totality of the entire season is what matters

All that being said, what a wonderful week it would be
A good loser is a good loser

It would mean what I have pondered for some time to be true and that I'm trapped inside a parallel universe where fish are the ruling upper class,the earth has five moons each populated by a different species of cucumber and the Jacksonville Jaguars beat the New England Patriots on their home turf. 

It would either mean that the Apocalypse is coming or that God is sick and tired of the Patriots like the rest of the NFL fans are.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

that either...

a. the game was fixed

b. brady did end up getting the suspension

c. gronk was injured in a highly suspicious accident

d. all the above... and even then a Jags win against the pats is highly unlikely.

Quote:I ca hear it now...

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">Miami sucks so it's just one win over a good team, and the Patriots gave the game away. The Jaguars still suck.

I know we won't be saying this, but your average NFL fan is saying something like this. ESPN might raise us one or two spots after lowering us a spot last week.

Nah they'll drop us down to 32 lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

A win Sunday would mean it's time for a Carvel ice cream cake.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Nothing more than continuing our lead in the AFC South. It's week 3. However, if beating the Patriots could spiral this team into a winning fashion week in and week out, I'll take that too. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I'm pretty sure if we win, you will see 4 Horsemen over the mountain... the sign of the coming apocalypse. 

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

Quote:No it would not IMO.  A significant win yes but you cannot compare it with our first win in 95 or the win against Pittsburgh that same inaugural year.  Morton Anderson's miss to vault this franchise into the playoffs the next year.  The 96 divisional round win in Buffalo to retire Kelly.  The next week to shut up Woody Paige and upset Denver.  62 -7 against Miami in 1999.

Should our home town team win this week, then I believe you would have to point to the win against Miami to be more significant.  That would be the game that showed the young roster that they belonged in the NFL.
As great as those early wins are to the long-term fans, as young as this fan base is, those wins are meaningless.  

For a good portion of this fan base, all they've known is that New England is one of the dominant forces in the league. To beat them would be a significant milestone for the younger fans who have really only known losing. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As great as those early wins are to the long-term fans, as young as this fan base is, those wins are meaningless.  

For a good portion of this fan base, all they've known is that New England is one of the dominant forces in the league. To beat them would be a significant milestone for the younger fans who have really only known losing. 

I was not a Jaguars fan yet during  their Cinderella season, but am fully aware of how important that was to us and know better than to think nothing trumps winning at New England. However, when looking only at this season, does anything else stand out as a David vs. Goliath game, either at home or on the road?

Quote:I was not a Jaguars fan yet during  their Cinderella season, but am fully aware of how important that was to us and know better than to think nothing trumps winning at New England. However, when looking only at this season, does anything else stand out as a David vs. Goliath game, either at home or on the road?

The Bills in London?

'02

Quote:I was not a Jaguars fan yet during their Cinderella season, but am fully aware of how important that was to us and know better than to think nothing trumps winning at New England. However, when looking only at this season, does anything else stand out as a David vs. Goliath game, either at home or on the road?

Titans @ Patriots week 15

Redskins @ Patriots week 9

Those are just as much a "David vs Goliath" game as this week's matchup.

Today's game will turn out to either be one of the worst losses in franchise history, or it could turn out to be our finest hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4BVzYGeF0M

Leading the division and being 2-1

Everything

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

Quote:I live in vt, work in nh, A win would give me 2 states worth of bragging rights in the middle of Patriot nation!
So glad I have Monday off!