Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
never looked forward to a game like this in awhile

Quote:Someone notify the government.. Poor kitty..

We don't know what the kitty did, maybe kitty deserves it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We tried that one time in the Del Rio era. We rushed 3 guys and dropped 8 into coverage, and the ball never hit the ground. Brady was 26 out of 28 against us that day.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280112017'>http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280112017</a>

So... no.

That was the worst defensive gameplan in the history of the NFL. Our DBs were literally 10 yards away from the WR. Thats when I started hating Del Rio

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 11:16 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

We should install some play calls with body language on the sidelines to protect against the Patriots headset "issues"..... Go back to college days lol. I think we have a shot at being competetive and possibly win, but it's highly doubtful. The reining SB champs that have tons of experience and consistancy; while we just won our first September game in 3 or 4 years..... I'm pulling for our Jags, but if we lose, it won't deflate too much of my excitement.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

If the Jags were somehow able to get a win, it would go down as one of the top 5 team wins of all time. Gotta love the opportunity, but setting realistic expectations for this one. To paraphrase a Boston icon, "Tom Brady has been our daddy" since joining the league.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Ok if you guys rush only three, Brady will chew your D up either by pounding Blount against your 3 lineman or by taking his time and finding the open man. Mind you right now, NO one has found a way to slow Brady yet even the #4 D from last year (Buffalo) got smoked for over 400 yards and 3 TD's.

As for the Pats D, I Suspect they will do to Bortles what they did to Taylor. That is stop the run and keep him in the pocket to beat them. And FYI this "terrible" D as some here have called it has more sacks than any other team in the NFL as well as more INT than anyone else. So your O shouldnt have a walk in the park this sunday.

Quote:If the Jags were somehow able to get a win, it would go down as one of the top 5 team wins of all time. Gotta love the opportunity, but setting realistic expectations for this one. To paraphrase a Boston icon, "Tom Brady has been our daddy" since joining the league.
Tom Brady has been looking like 2007 Tom Brady as well this year. And he is supposedly playing with a hug chip on his shoulder.. I like the Jags any other week but this week. This week I can't cheer for ya Smile

Quote:Ok if you guys rush only three, Brady will chew your D up either by pounding Blount against your 3 lineman or by taking his time and finding the open man. Mind you right now, NO one has found a way to slow Brady yet even the #4 D from last year (Buffalo) got smoked for over 400 yards and 3 TD's.

As for the Pats D, I Suspect they will do to Bortles what they did to Taylor. That is stop the run and keep him in the pocket to beat them. And FYI this "terrible" D as some here have called it has more sacks than any other team in the NFL as well as more INT than anyone else. So your O shouldnt have a walk in the park this sunday.

Who said anything about rushing 3?

Quote:Ok if you guys rush only three, Brady will chew your D up either by pounding Blount against your 3 lineman or by taking his time and finding the open man. Mind you right now, NO one has found a way to slow Brady yet even the #4 D from last year (Buffalo) got smoked for over 400 yards and 3 TD's.

Good luck. There hasn't been a team yet that has stopped Bortles from running. When he does he usually picks up chunks of yards. I think his ypc average led all Qbs last year.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Tom Brady has been looking like 2007 Tom Brady as well this year. And he is supposedly playing with a hug chip on his shoulder.. I like the Jags any other week but this week. This week I can't cheer for ya Smile
Our base D isn't a 3-4. Like one posted said, it looks a lot like seattles defense. I'm not saying we are as good as them but ours isn't bad. If marks plays and is atleast 85% then our front 4 will get to Brady.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We need 4, 15 minute drives.

Huh

The difference is Blake is way better than Taylor at standing in the pocket and making throws. We know if Blake has a pocket he can make some elite level throws. And he played very well against the blitz in Miami. The question will be, can the OL give him that pocket
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:The difference is Blake is way better than Taylor at standing in the pocket and making throws. We know if Blake has a pocket he can make some elite level throws. And he played very well against the blitz in Miami. The question will be, can the OL give him that pocket

Pretty much the only teams that have given Brady a difficult time are those who can control the LOS with just their front 4. If you can't apply pressure while being able to drop everyone else in coverage, you're going to have a hard time with Brady. We don't have this capability with our Dline, which is why I expect them to put up multiple TDs on us.

I'm gonna be that guy......

I see the jags winning a close game 35-31. 

I believe the game will be tied at 28 in the fourth quarter. Brady will drive down the field and put the pats in scoring position. Poz jumps a route and nearly intercepts the ball. pats kick a 30 yarder to go up with a 2:12 left. Bortles engineers an 80 yard drive scoring a TD with 10 seconds left. 

Realistically this is the only way I see us winning this game. We won't blow them out. It would have to come down to us driving down the field late in the game to win it. 

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 05:37 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:Our base D isn't a 3-4. Like one posted said, it looks a lot like seattles defense. I'm not saying we are as good as them but ours isn't bad. If marks plays and is atleast 85% then our front 4 will get to Brady.
There was an article this week that outlined the fact that Brady gets the ball out 1.9 seconds. It'll be difficult to get to him consistently. The strengths of the Jaguars D seems to be similar to that of the Bills' D. So NE will likely employ a similar approach to attacking it, but with a few wrinkles. 

I don't expect us to run a lot since your front 7 is stout. 

Quote:[Image: 200.gif]

I still think the Jaguars get spanked this week.. :yes:

This made my day

So, if we win ( a huge IF lol), where do you think ESPN will place us? My bet is 32. Why below the 31 after beating Miami?

#becauseESPN

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I'm gonna be that guy......

I see the jags winning a close game 35-31. 

I believe the game will be tied at 28 in the fourth quarter. Brady will drive down the field and put the pats in scoring position. Poz jumps a route and nearly intercepts the ball. pats kick a 30 yarder to go up with a 2:12 left. Bortles engineers an 80 yard drive scoring a TD with 10 seconds left. 

Realistically this is the only way I see us winning this game. We won't blow them out. It would have to come down to us driving down the field late in the game to win it. 

I would like to believe this, but I don't see it at this point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

With Linder out, Bortles will say "Hello" to the ground... a lot Sunday.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 08:22 PM by jagherd.)

The Patriots aren't some "Invincible, Unstoppable Juggernaut". Perception has made them that way.

Believe it or not, the Patriots do actually lose a few games each season. And, they play in many close games too. Remember the Chiefs game last season? They were completely embarrased. I watched the Bengals make them look bad a couple seasons ago. Green Bay best them,,,etc. etc..

They only put up 28 points on a putrid Steelers defense opening week. That's 4 TD,, not 7.

They scored alot last week because Buffalo kept giving them turnovers (Jags absolutely cannot have turnovers).

Winning in Foxborough for a team like the Jags is gonna be difficult to say the very least. But, if the Jags don't have turnovers and keep from making idiotic penalties and coaching decisions,, they should be able to keep it competitive.

Quote:Our base D isn't a 3-4. Like one posted said, it looks a lot like seattles defense. I'm not saying we are as good as them but ours isn't bad. If marks plays and is atleast 85% then our front 4 will get to Brady.

Ours (and Seattle's) is a little of both 3-4 and 4-3.  A "hybrid" front, that could be either depending on the package.

It is still a 4-3 at "heart", but you can call plays out of it that more resemble 3-4 even in "base" package.

Leo and Otto can have responsibilities that resemble OLBs in 3-4 schemes.  All it takes is to shift your DTs and LDE into different gaps and responsibilities.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."