Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
never looked forward to a game like this in awhile

Quote:With Linder out, Bortles will say "Hello" to the ground... a lot Sunday.

Linder is out?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I want some of whatever you're smoking.

It's El Chapo himself.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:No headsets, no signals, no problem.

Trust your instincts.

[Image: Emperor_RotJ.png]

It kind of looks like HC Bill of the Pats

Tyler Shatley will most likely get the start due to Linder's reoccuring shoulder injury.

Quote:It kind of looks like HC Bill of the Pats

Tyler Shatley will most likely get the start due to Linder's reoccuring shoulder injury.

Holy Shatley!!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Shatley didn't miss a beat in the preseason, and he's not going against Suh. He'll be alright if he gets the start.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This game will be ugly. If we lose by 3 to 6 points consider it a blessing.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:This game will be ugly. If we lose by 3 to 6 points consider it a blessing.

Agreed. I don't see why some people are so optimistic. The Jags have a lot a improvement to do despite the win last week.

Quote:Agreed. I don't see why some people are so optimistic. The Jags have a lot a improvement to do despite the win last week.

I don't think people are that optimistic. I think every Jag fan (100%) think patriots will win. This thread simply shows that we actually believe we have a chance of winning where as last week everyone was supposed to be fired.

Quote:Leading our division with a shot at dethroning the sb champs, a win Here could be just what we need to finally take that next step. Oh my goodness im so pumped
Your optimistic enthusiasm is heart warming, and I hate to rain on your parade, but here's a dose of reality...

we lost game #1 (badly) to a mediocre team due to a plethora of bad offensive and special team gaffs.

we won (barely) game #2 with a last minute field goal against another mediocre team (who was expected to beat us, by the way...).

Game #3..we are playing the defending super bowl champs who have (arguably) one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL along with the best TE. 

Our team is riddled with injuries to key players on both offense and defense.

So it's great to feel great about a win. Go Jaguars! However it was only one win against a mediocre team and we didn't 'beat them down'.

The point is you're setting yourself up for disappointment, which of course is your prerogative if that's what you want to do. The pats are the better team and have been a better team than most teams in the NFL (not just the Jag's) for a long time. They are at the top of the tier of the top tier teams. Is a victory for us possible? Yes... just not very probable. 

I've kind'a written off this game already and I'm thinking more about the dolts as a more winnable competition. 

Quote:Your optimistic enthusiasm is heart warming, and I hate to rain on your parade, but here's a dose of reality...

we lost game #1 (badly) to a mediocre team due to a plethora of bad offensive and special team gaffs.

we won (barely) game #2 with a last minute field goal against another mediocre team (who was expected to beat us, by the way...).

Game #3..we are playing the defending super bowl champs who have (arguably) one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL along with the best TE.

Our team is riddled with injuries to key players on both offense and defense.

So it's great to feel great about a win. Go Jaguars! However it was only one win against a mediocre team and we didn't 'beat them down'.

The point is you're setting yourself up for disappointment, which of course is your prerogative if that's what you want to do. The pats are the better team and have been a better team than most teams in the NFL (not just the Jag's) for a long time. They are at the top of the tier of the top tier teams. Is a victory for us possible? Yes... just not very probable.

I've kind'a written off this game already and I'm thinking more about the dolts as a more winnable competition.
"Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning!"

Being a fan of any sport is setting yourself up for disappointment! That's why we watch! It's entertainment, pure, and unscripted! Anything can happen. I've seen games where Brady has been worse than gabbert was! It's possible. The point is, if you watch sports just to be a cynic, then I really feel for you.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Someone notify the government.. Poor kitty..

Well Tom tries this again in another episode... but Jerry isn't having any of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZSQJ9RmBm0

Quote:It kind of looks like HC Bill of the Pats

Now his injury is "reoccuring?" When did he hurt it before?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The Patriots aren't some "Invincible, Unstoppable Juggernaut". Perception has made them that way.

Believe it or not, the Patriots do actually lose a few games each season. And, they play in many close games too. Remember the Chiefs game last season? They were completely embarrased. I watched the Bengals make them look bad a couple seasons ago. Green Bay best them,,,etc. etc..

They only put up 28 points on a putrid Steelers defense opening week. That's 4 TD,, not 7.

They scored alot last week because Buffalo kept giving them turnovers (Jags absolutely cannot have turnovers).

Winning in Foxborough for a team like the Jags is gonna be difficult to say the very least. But, if the Jags don't have turnovers and keep from making idiotic penalties and coaching decisions,, they should be able to keep it competitive.

Exactly The Patriots are good but if we stay sharp we can win

Quote:Linder is out?

We just went from a 3 point favorite to a 4 point underdog.

Quote:Exactly The Patriots are good but if we stay sharp we can win

I'm really looking forward to a good showing, but there's also no shame in losing to the Pats 'cause everyone else does too.

Quote:Exactly The Patriots are good but if we stay sharp we can win

No we can't .... Bring on the Colts --- I'm already at Week 4

Quote:This game will be ugly. If we lose by 3 to 6 points consider it a blessing.

I say rest our starters.

Quote:Well Tom tries this again in another episode... but Jerry isn't having any of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZSQJ9RmBm0

Hilarious!  But it's clear that Tom and Jerry is a complete rip off from Itchy and Scratchy...  The Simpsons should totally sue!

And can I just say that the headline makes my vision blur?

The Jags have had trouble covering TEs over the years...I've heard the Pats use one from time to time

Blakes Life Matters