Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN TO FIRE BETWEEN 200-300 EMPLOYEES

Quote:Personally, I wish they could fire Colin Cowherd a few more times just for good measure.

Olberman's hardly a loss, either.

This reminds me of Ol' Vic's commentary when Josh McDaniels got fired from Denver. It went something along the lines of "He'd hire him back just so he could fire him again because it felt so good the first time he did it."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This reminds me of Ol' Vic's commentary when Josh McDaniels got fired from Denver. It went something along the lines of "He'd hire him back just so he could fire him again because it felt so good the first time he did it."

When did he say the funny part?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:When did he say the funny part?

It was sometime after that. I can't remember all the details.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Vic has to be lovin life in cheese land and looks like it will continue for a while

Speaking of cable sports shows, I haven't watched Inside the NFL since it left HBO for Showtime with any sort of regularity, but I made the mistake of doing so this past week.  Holy crap!  Let's talk about a show that needs to lay everyone off.  The new lineup is awful. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Speaking of cable sports shows, I haven't watched Inside the NFL since it left HBO for Showtime with any sort of regularity, but I made the mistake of doing so this past week. Holy crap! Let's talk about a show that needs to lay everyone off. The new lineup is awful.

Yeah, the 80s lineup with old guy 1, old guy 2, no name guy and Collinsworth was much better to watch. I used to live for those highlights!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 09:17 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Speaking of cable sports shows, I haven't watched Inside the NFL since it left HBO for Showtime with any sort of regularity, but I made the mistake of doing so this past week.  Holy crap!  Let's talk about a show that needs to lay everyone off.  The new lineup is awful. 

Wow ... I haven't watched one of those shows in such a long time.

I recall my mom and I going to Saturday evening (weekly) mass in 1978 then watching an NFL Weekly Preview show on TBS --- this was on of the 1st shows of its kind and happened to be the year Steve Bartkowski was leading the previously hapless Falcons to the playoffs -- this was big considering TBS was fairly new and based out of the ATL

GOD I'M OLD !!.

Quote:Not to get too political in this forum but I find it ironic that a liberally owned company would be cutting people in the name of profit.
Money talks, especially to corporate overlords.

Quote:Sports (football in particular) is the only reason I still have DirecTV. I could easily live without the few series I watch (and wait for them to show up on Netflix in a few years).
There are, um, other ways to get your TV and sports fix. Many of them are pretty easy to find through other resources.

Quote:Not to get too political in this forum but I find it ironic that a liberally owned company would be cutting people in the name of profit.

Say What?  You do realize that most of our corporations and their surrounding metropolitan areas are liberal don't you?   NYC, SF, Chicago, Boston.  Take a look at the top universities and how their future executive vote .....

Quote:Hopefully that chick that got her car towed and had a meltdown calling the tow company workers pathetic losers is the 1st to go.
Who is that?

Quote:Who is that?

Michelle Beadle. She also allegedly was drunk and was trying to get Aaron Rodgers leave the ESPYs with her but was rebuffed by him and supposedly then left this Clay Matthews.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Since when does a liberally leaning company (whatever that means) not strive for profits for shareholders?  Good grief.

What I do find annoying, and I've seen it a dozen times in the corporate world I retired from, is why don't the decision makers, i.e. Vice Presidents and Division Managers, ever lay themselves off? Take a VP making $1.5 million a year off the books and save 30 employees on the shop floor making $50k? Oh heck no, you'd never see that! Cause it takes a brilliantly talented person of VP stature to come up with the ingenious idea to lay off 30 people to save the company $1.5 million.

Regards...............the Chiefjag 

Quote:Since when does a liberally leaning company (whatever that means) not strive for profits for shareholders?  Good grief.

What I do find annoying, and I've seen it a dozen times in the corporate world I retired from, is why don't the decision makers, i.e. Vice Presidents and Division Managers, ever lay themselves off? Take a VP making $1.5 million a year off the books and save 30 employees on the shop floor making $50k? Oh heck no, you'd never see that! Cause it takes a brilliantly talented person of VP stature to come up with the ingenious idea to lay off 30 people to save the company $1.5 million.

Regards...............the Chiefjag 

This, along with the concept that in the mind of those in Upper Management, the answer to every problem is more management. "We don't need better people turning wrenches! We need more people to oversee the people turning wrenches!"