Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Carson Under Fire Over Refusal to Support Muslim President

Quote:Interesting to see who agrees with carson but is OK with a candidate who thinks the earth is less then 10k years old.

I don't think that the age of the Earth determines whether or not someone should be stoned to death.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Interesting to see who agrees with carson but is OK with a candidate who thinks the earth is less then 10k years old.

So which candidate thinks that Earth is the same age as Bernie Sanders?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ben Carson said e wouldn't support a Muslim for president he didn't advocate a religious test as a qualification for president. Those are two seperate issues, I heard Brian Kilmead (fox and friends guy) on the radio suggesting we should have some kind of religious test as a qualifier that is a horribly dangerous and unconstitutional proposal. On a personal level I wouldn't vote for a Muslim, but then again I'm not crazy about voting for a Mormon or half the guys calling themselves Christions.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Ben Carson is under fire for his refusal to support a Muslim president of the United States. On Meet the Press, he says on faith “I guess it depends on what that faith is, but, if it’s inconsistent with the values of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem.”

Todd went on to ask Carson if a Muslim would be qualified to be president.

“No, I do not,” he replied. “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.”

Now Bernie Sanders is jumping in on this attacking Carson as well.

Personally, I agree with Carson. I feel that Islam is highly incompatible with the worldview of America and American politics. This, coupled with the fact that Muslims are much, much more likely statistically to support radicalized and oppressive laws (<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old-assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf'>http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old-assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf</a>) definitely makes me agree with the doctor.

Now, you may say "How can you support a Christian president over a Muslim president" or "Religion never truly affects a president so what does it matter". I look back historically and I personally believe that this nation, while not ultimately founded on Christian beliefs, was molded into what it was by a super-large majority of Christian citizens. For this reason I am all for consistency in keeping the leaders secular or Christian. As for the presidential religion not mattering, I also believe that the Islamic faith has a much larger impact on an individual than the Christian faith may hold. Therefor, going back to my first point, the Islamic faith is not compatible with the American ideology and would not mesh.

Your thoughts, good friends of the Political board?

I'd prefer religion to stay out of politics all together though I know that isn't possible. It really doesn't matter on the above. If you get enough votes you can become President regardless of your religious views.

you see what i mean.  When its a republican Whoopi Goldberg can interrogate him, people like boud can mock him for his faith allthey want.  But when its a hypothetical non-existant candidate from a religious minority that is on the lefts protected list any idea of a contextual analysis of a belief system so antithetical to our constitution is seen as re-enactment of Jim Crowe.

Quote:So which candidate thinks that Earth is the same age as Bernie Sanders?

Sigh... Take an upvote

The following caught my attention.  I'm reluctant to comment because it could easily lead to COC issues in potential replies.   Yet,  it's news that relates to the topic and the 2016 Presidential Race:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/23/politics/b...d-friends/

Ben Carson: Money pouring in after Muslim comments

I would be surprised if any candidate believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old.   One reason for this is the length of early days is considered by many MUCH longer than a 24 hour day.  That's an understatement.   Obviously,  I can't go into more detail on this.  

Quote: I would be surprised if any candidate believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old. One reason for this is the length of early days is considered by many MUCH longer than a 24 hour day. That's an understatement. Obviously, I can't go into more detail on this.
Have you ever heard Ben Carson talk?

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 01:27 AM by D6.)

Quote:Have you ever heard Ben Carson talk?

Yes.  Many times,  But I never heard him make the comment that I responded to.   If he did,  by all means please post a link here unless it violates the COC.

Quote:Ben Carson is under fire for his refusal to support a Muslim president of the United States. On Meet the Press, he says on faith “I guess it depends on what that faith is, but, if it’s inconsistent with the values of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem.”

Todd went on to ask Carson if a Muslim would be qualified to be president.

“No, I do not,” he replied. “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.”

Now Bernie Sanders is jumping in on this attacking Carson as well.

Personally, I agree with Carson. I feel that Islam is highly incompatible with the worldview of America and American politics. This, coupled with the fact that Muslims are much, much more likely statistically to support radicalized and oppressive laws (<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old-assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf'>http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old-assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf</a>) definitely makes me agree with the doctor.

Now, you may say "How can you support a Christian president over a Muslim president" or "Religion never truly affects a president so what does it matter". I look back historically and I personally believe that this nation, while not ultimately founded on Christian beliefs, was molded into what it was by a super-large majority of Christian citizens. For this reason I am all for consistency in keeping the leaders secular or Christian. As for the presidential religion not mattering, I also believe that the Islamic faith has a much larger impact on an individual than the Christian faith may hold. Therefor, going back to my first point, the Islamic faith is not compatible with the American ideology and would not mesh.

Your thoughts, good friends of the Political board?

I think it would depend on how seriously they take their religion. Christian, Muslim, or Atheist, what I care about is how their personal religious belief system would color their decisions and policies. Personally, I would not support Ben Carson for President, in part because I don't want a fundamentalist Christian in office any more than I would want a fundamentalist Muslim.

Quote:I'd prefer religion to stay out of politics all together though I know that isn't possible. It really doesn't matter on the above. If you get enough votes you can become President regardless of your religious views.

I hear you, but at the same time I don't see how there would not be an enormous conflict of interest. You see, Sharia law and American law cannot coexist, so a Muslim president would have to either set aside much of this fundamental part of his faith or else would have to drastically amend much of the Constitution. I can only imagine who might get appointed to the Supreme Court. Consider the outrage the first time an American citizen is sentenced to have an arm and leg hacked off or a girl gets whipped because she was raped.

'02

Quote:  I would be surprised if any candidate believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old.   One reason for this is the length of early days is considered by many MUCH longer than a 24 hour day.  That's an understatement.   Obviously,  I can't go into more detail on this.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ans..._blog.html

;

;

Quote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ans..._blog.html

"...we ask you to also consider the enormous positive impact of science on our lives and how that science rests squarely on the shoulders of evolution."

Whether or not Darwin's theory of evolution involving "natural selection of random mutations" is true is up for debate, but science certainly does not rest on the theory's shoulders. Old professors stuck in their ways continue to propogate the notion while cutting edge scientists such as James Shapiro are arriving at a new understanding based on what he terms "natural genetic engineering."

'02

Quote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ans..._blog.html

And none of that quotes Carson as saying the Earth is less than 10,000 years old.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

“I don’t know how old the earth is and the distance between ages,” [Carson] said. “There could be a billion years between ages.”

He's only denied the theory of evolution, and if you've paid attention to recent discoveries in the area, so are many scientists. It's a dying theory.

'02