Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Price Of Essential Pharmaceutical Drug Increases 5,500 Percent Overnight

Quote:Fetuses are cute. Minorities on welfare are not. Problem solved.

Put that on the GOP candidates general election poster.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Put that on the GOP candidates general election poster.
Trump actually might do it if you double dog dared him to.

Quote:Google "hippocratic oath"

Irrelevant, neither administered or binding. If it were there could be no abortions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:"pro life" but saying screw life its all about the $$$... Not sure how people deal with those mental gymnastics.

You really struggle with the concept that people should be free to do things you disagree with don't ya.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 06:14 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:You really struggle with the concept that people should be free to do things you disagree with don't ya.
Based on your "logic" women are free to have abortions since women are free to do things the religious right disagree with. 

You have stopped surprising me in your ability to sink to all time lows in empathy or compassion towards humanity as a whole. /slowclap?

Quote:Based on your "logic" women are free to have abortions since women are free to do things the religious right disagree with. 

You have stopped surprising me in your ability to sink to all time lows in empathy or compassion towards humanity as a whole. /slowclap?

Sure, have all the abortions you want. I'm not stopping you.

And you're a fool if you believe your paternalism is compassion. You are nothing more than a petty tyrant who wants everyone to do what you think is best for them even if they don't want to.

Quote:Sure, have all the abortions you want. I'm not stopping you.

And you're a fool if you believe your paternalism is compassion. You are nothing more than a petty tyrant who wants everyone to do what you think is best for them even if they don't want to.
If calling me a petty tyrant because I think society can be better for humanity than what is currently in place helps you sleep at night and deal with your complete lack of compassion then by all means, do what you gotta do. 

Quote:If calling me a petty tyrant because I think society can be better for humanity than what is currently in place helps you sleep at night and deal with your complete lack of compassion then by all means, do what you gotta do.

I'm not compassionate because I believe people should be free.

You are compassionate because you believe other people should have to do what you want them to.

Got it Mr Orwell.

Quote:I'm not compassionate because I believe people should be free.

You are compassionate because you believe other people should have to do what you want them to.

Got it Mr Orwell.
Twisting what is actually said to make one feel better about their backwards and discriminatory beliefs and practices. You guys have these mental gymnastics down to a science. 

I think a modern society can and should do better by and for it's people. My comment on your lack of compassion is based on  many past stances you have taken on human lives and discrimination in general. It certainly has nothing to do with you "believing" people should be free. It shouldn't be that hard for you to understand though I can understand how hard that might be when you think saying free(dom) is an actual response to a lack of empathy or compassion for fellow humans. 

Quote:Twisting what is actually said to make one feel better about their backwards and discriminatory beliefs and practices. You guys have these mental gymnastics down to a science. 

I think a modern society can and should do better by and for it's people. My comment on your lack of compassion is based on  many past stances you have taken on human lives and discrimination in general. It certainly has nothing to do with you "believing" people should be free. It shouldn't be that hard for you to understand though I can understand how hard that might be when you think saying free(dom) is an actual response to a lack of empathy or compassion for fellow humans.

And you continue to wrongly believe that your tyranical notion of forced compassion is somehow morally superior to my belief that each man's soul is his own. That you can't see or don't care how immoral your beliefs are shows how deep runs the brainwashing of the Left. You are the eternal hope of the Left, one who believes that because his personal beliefs are right then others must be forced to live them out. Society may own you, but I'll be damned if I sit idle and let you force me to join you in your chains.

Quote:And you continue to wrongly believe that your tyranical notion of forced compassion is somehow morally superior to my belief that each man's soul is his own. That you can't see or don't care how immoral your beliefs are shows how deep runs the brainwashing of the Left. You are the eternal hope of the Left, one who believes that because his personal beliefs are right then others must be forced to live them out. Society may own you, but I'll be damned if I sit idle and let you force me to join you in your chains.
I think this is a bit of a show on your part. I know we're going back in time here, but I still don't believe that you would just shrug your shoulders and walk away if a medication to save your child's life existed, but because you couldn't even dream of affording it, it was withheld and your child died. It's easy to say that, but I don't believe that's really how you think.

Quote:And you continue to wrongly believe that your tyranical notion of forced compassion is somehow morally superior to my belief that each man's soul is his own. That you can't see or don't care how immoral your beliefs are shows how deep runs the brainwashing of the Left. You are the eternal hope of the Left, one who believes that because his personal beliefs are right then others must be forced to live them out. Society may own you, but I'll be damned if I sit idle and let you force me to join you in your chains.

Who is forcing you to do what exactly? What exactly is this crazy world you live in where you are forced to do anything or somebody is even saying they want to force you to do anything that in any way violates your personal freedoms when other Americans are not involved?

I know this is a waste of time since you rarely provide substance to your assertions but what is so tyranical about anything I have said? What exactly is your basis for these silly attempts at insults that has become your MO? Other than what seems to be a perpetual state of anger. You keep saying a whole lot of words full of assumptions and accusations with no reason or basis for them.

Quote:I think this is a bit of a show on your part. I know we're going back in time here, but I still don't believe that you would just shrug your shoulders and walk away if a medication to save your child's life existed, but because you couldn't even dream of affording it, it was withheld and your child died. It's easy to say that, but I don't believe that's really how you think.

I didn't say I would shrug my shoulders and walk away, I would work, fund raise, seek sponsors, beg, and perhaps commit a crime if that's what it took. But all that is on me. I would not, however, expect the government to force the owner to give it to me though. This is no different than making Ford give me an F-150 that I can't afford, Publix give me steak that I can't afford, or the Jaguars give me tickets that I can't afford. The owners right to the product should trump the customers need for it.

Quote:Who is forcing you to do what exactly? What exactly is this crazy world you live in where you are forced to do anything or somebody is even saying they want to force you to do anything that in any way violates your personal freedoms when other Americans are not involved?

I know this is a waste of time since you rarely provide substance to your assertions but what is so tyranical about anything I have said? What exactly is your basis for these silly attempts at insults that has become your MO? Other than what seems to be a perpetual state of anger. You keep saying a whole lot of words full of assumptions and accusations with no reason or basis for them.

There, again, is the crux of the matter. It doesn't matter to me if others want to be involved. If you can force me to be involved, for whatever reason. with people whom I do not want to be involved, for WHATEVER reason, then you violate my freedom of association. Period. And that is a terrible thing. As bad as the government making you eat broccoli or run 2 miles a day because it's good for you. Mind your own business and I'll mind mine, else we're just slaves to the government or society or collective or whatever you want to call it.

Quote:I didn't say I would shrug my shoulders and walk away, I would work, fund raise, seek sponsors, beg, and perhaps commit a crime if that's what it took. But all that is on me. I would not, however, expect the government to force the owner to give it to me though. This is no different than making Ford give me an F-150 that I can't afford, Publix give me steak that I can't afford, or the Jaguars give me tickets that I can't afford. The owners right to the product should trump the customers need for it.
Let's be honest here, it is just a little bit different. A truck, a steak or a ticket aren't life or death matters. A life-saving drug is.

Quote:There, again, is the crux of the matter. It doesn't matter to me if others want to be involved. If you can force me to be involved, for whatever reason. with people whom I do not want to be involved, for WHATEVER reason, then you violate my freedom of association. Period. And that is a terrible thing. As bad as the government making you eat broccoli or run 2 miles a day because it's good for you. Mind your own business and I'll mind mine, else we're just slaves to the government or society or collective or whatever you want to call it.
That is not what I meant, I suppose I could have been more clear.

What I meant was who or what is violating your freedoms when your freedoms are solely yours and do not impact other people's freedoms only your own. That is the issue you have right? You are claiming your freedoms are being violated in a tyrannical manner or that people are calling such and I am asking what exactly is it that you see this way. And more particularly, as I already asked, what exactly have I said that is tyrannical? 

Quote:Let's be honest here, it is just a little bit different. A truck, a steak or a ticket aren't life or death matters. A life-saving drug is.

It's only different because you say it is. In every case it's a matter of an owner and his rights to his property.

Quote:That is not what I meant, I suppose I could have been more clear.

What I meant was who or what is violating your freedoms when your freedoms are solely yours and do not impact other people's freedoms only your own. That is the issue you have right? You are claiming your freedoms are being violated in a tyrannical manner or that people are calling such and I am asking what exactly is it that you see this way. And more particularly, as I already asked, what exactly have I said that is tyrannical? 

Again, saying that your freedom entitles you to something I own is wrong. It's that simple. In this case, no one but the owner has a right to these drugs and if he wants to sell them then the price is his to to set. This isn't complicated, if you want the drug then find a way to get it that doesn't infringe on his ownership rights. That's pretty simple.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 08:23 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:Again, saying that your freedom entitles you to something I own is wrong. It's that simple. In this case, no one but the owner has a right to these drugs and if he wants to sell them then the price is his to to set. This isn't complicated, if you want the drug then find a way to get it that doesn't infringe on his ownership rights. That's pretty simple.
That is a fundamental disagreement and is the reason I said you lack empathy or compassion. That's fine there are quite a few of you and you are all more than entitled to your opinion.

Expecting people that deal in the medical sector to not price gouge on things such as treatment or medication is perfectly reasonable unless of course you worship the dollar at the expense of fellow humans let alone fellow countrymen.

Criticing a greedy person for price gouging drugs isn't tyrannical its American.

Quote:That is a fundamental disagreement and is the reason I said you lack empathy or compassion. That's fine there are quite a few of you and you are all more than entitled to your opinion.

Expecting people that deal in the medical sector to not price gouge on things such as treatment or medication is perfectly reasonable unless of course you worship the dollar at the expense of fellow humans let alone fellow countrymen.

Criticing a greedy person for price gouging drugs isn't tyrannical its American.
Who's talking about criticism? We're talking about government mandated price controls. Criticize all you want.

And medicine and medical knowledge are a commodity, just like everything else. That it is essential only serves to make it more valuable. If you dont like it then go to medical school yourself or invent your own life saving drugs. That used to be the American way, now we just cry and make the government give us what we want like we're all 2 year olds.