Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Young

Quote:Yes. Last week.
Lol wow...

Just wow...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:About what? Giving up zero sacks? Look at the stat sheet, don't take my word for it.

How am I wrong when Sam Young looked so much better than LJ?

Young gave up two sacks last week. If you won't admit that I don't know what else to say.

Quote:Young gave up two sacks last week. If you won't admit that I don't know what else to say.

Somehow he doesn't even realize what he said.

Quote:Lol wow...

Just wow...

Can you point out the play that Joeckel gave up a sack on last week?

Quote:Somehow he doesn't even realize what he said.

I'm not sure he realizes Joeckel didn't finish last weeks game?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 11:06 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Young gave up two sacks last week. If you won't admit that I don't know what else to say.
When did I deny that? I said that our line gave up 4 sacks a game for 8 straight games before Sam Young started.

How many sacks did Young give up today?

Quote:When did I deny that? I said that our line gave up 4 sacks a game for 8 straight games before Sam Young came started today.

That's not at all what you said.

Quote:And Sam Young played lightyears better than LJ has.

But, I guess we should go with the game that he was thrown into, with a less talented DLine to judge him than... Ya know... The game that took place hours ago.
Funny, Brandon Albert's back up didn't need that excuse today. The fins line didn't miss a beat.

Quote:Can you point out the play that Joeckel gave up a sack on last week?

He actually may have allowed one sack, or it may have just been a QB hit, once after he re-entered the game after his injury, but he couldn't move on the ankle and left the game right after that.

Funny. Seemed like Bortles was a little more comfortable in the pocket today. Wonder why.

Quote:He actually may have allowed one sack, or it may have just been a QB hit, once after he re-entered the game after his injury, but he couldn't move on the ankle and left the game right after that.

He was called for holding on that play I believe.

Quote:Funny. Seemed like Bortles was a little more comfortable in the pocket today. Wonder why.

Because Young was better this week? He was comfortable last week before Joeckel was injured.

Quote:Because Young was better this week? He was comfortable last week before Joeckel was injured.

You sure about that?

Quote:That's not at all what you said.
" 4 sacks a game for eight straight games. Zero with Sam Young in"

Sorry, I didn't think I needed to make a coloring book for you to understand that I meant today's game.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 11:10 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:When did I deny that? I said that our line gave up 4 sacks a game for 8 straight games before Sam Young started.

I hate to break it to you, but Young also started six of those games.

Quote:He was called for holding on that play I believe.

Ah ok, I knew it was a negative play in some fashion.

Quote:Yes. Last week.

Oh my bad....forgot about the 3rd of a game he played last week.

Quote:" 4 sacks a game for eight straight games. Zero with Sam Young in"

Sorry, I didn't think I needed to make a coloring book for you to understand that I meant today's game.

Young started the final four games of last year.

Wanted to make sure I posted on this topic

I've criticized Sam Young as much as anyone on this board and I still believe we can upgrade this position...

But I want to make sure I eat my share of crow because he did an outstanding job today as well as the entire O-Line

Quote:" 4 sacks a game for eight straight games. Zero with Sam Young in"

You made the statement not me.

Sam young was not only IN when sacks were given up but he was the actual culprit of those sacks. And you're trying to pin that on Joeckel somehow.