Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happened to the OC?

Preseason we were a dynamic, scoring team. Everyone was excited.

Yesterday the Jags didn't even look like the same team.

Just short passes, flat offense, more turnovers than the whole preseason, where were the tight ends.......the list goes on.

Why did Olson change things for the first game?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know this is stupid but I kinda feel like they will play vanilla till Thomas comes back I kinda feel he is a big part of the offense and the other TE can not replicate.

They had mercedes stay and block most of the game.The Jags def needed the TE's to get the ball,like all the other teams do

Yeah, from little skits they show they mention something about more big plays. They better do that next game or they'll give up another pick six. You don't throw a flatout to the running back that can't read a defense..The game was looking the same after halftime against the Lions. That's why I don't think they would've won that one either. They come out slow and what gets me is after Luke got hurt they didn't even get aggressive. I'll talk about DB's on another topic. Where was Lewis or Harper. They used Olson to block so that showed they were scared of the pass rush. One thing I want someone to look at is when Luke came in on that delayed Blitz and hit Blake did anyone else see that DB #31 come in and give Blake a shot to the ribs. Looked like a punch to me. Can anyone concur that. 

Preseason doesn't include extensive game planning.  This is really a shock to people?  Until this team actually has the receivers to go more than 8 yards out and really attack the ball, the real game plan will be something this team won't overcome.

Until they prove they can beat it, the gameplan is...

Stack the box, contain and jump the short routes and beat the line with your down lineman.  This team is working out of tight boxes crowded at the line of scrimmage.  Silly me for thinking we got rid of this offense in the offseason.  The preseason doesn't count or indicate a darn thing honestly.  This team remains low on proven talent.  The jaguars.com site will talk potential for the rest of another fruitless season.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Im lost. But ironically it happens every year.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:They had mercedes stay and block most of the game.The Jags def needed the TE's to get the ball,like all the other teams do

Joeckl and Wells needed help bad. It was bad.

We have no LT.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Play calling was pretty bad in the second half

Quote:Play calling was pretty bad in the second half

We improved from last year...  instead of having one good drive, we had two.  Go progress.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Preseason is vanilla, it's not hard to look great.  When teams game plan towards a specific offense it's a different beast. 

The Jags have no deep threat which allowed the Panthers to sit on short routes all day.  Olson was happy to not take a shot down field to sway them from doing that.  The Jags had success when they were able to run the ball and Bortles was able to set up and pass down the field.  The pick 6 & Sam Young playing turnstile caused the offense to go ultra conservative and made an 8 point lead look like 40.

It looked a lot like Fisch's offense which makes you wonder is it the play caller or the players? 

Also, let's not forget Olson was responsible for engineering the 32nd ranked offense last season. 

The Gabbert syndrome lives on with this organization.  Look good in the practice and preseason and give hope to fans, but suck when it counts.

Exactly what I thinking sitting in my seat....back to the future.....and yeah #31 punched BB5.

Quote:It looked a lot like Fisch's offense which makes you wonder is it the play caller or the players? 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

He was who we thought he was.

You think being 32nd in offense last year was a miscalculation? The leader of the only offense to do worse than the Jags is now, unbelievably, running the Jags offense. What did we expect, honestly?