Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Serious Question

If we would of had Marks Branch and Thomas and Lee do you think we would of won. I think we would of I think Thomas would of been Doubled causing for others to be open and the game would of been different. I also think Marks would of helped the Pass Rush.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we would of had Marks Branch and Thomas and Lee do you think we would of won. I think we would of I think Thomas would of been Doubled causing for others to be open and the game would of been different. I also think Marks would of helped the Pass Rush.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes. People get hurt though. The good coaches adapt and overcome.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Hypotheticals like this are rarely helpful.  Every team deals with injuries every season.  We were without our full complement of players, but so were they (leading WR out, key defensive player out 2nd half,etc.)  We just didn't perform like we have for about 8 seasons now.  We'll see how this shakes out.  

Gene's Myth

I dunno you can get into what ifs and specualte all day long but the fact is the team didn't have those guys.  Injuries happen that is why good franchises have depth and plan for ways to win in lieu of losing star players.  Did Carolina's defense buckle when their start MILB was taking out of the game with half still left?

Winners win, its what they do.

One of the biggest problems the Jaguars have is they have to beleive in themselves to win.

The defense played well enough to win. The quarterback and the offensive playcaller didnt do their jobs. You absolutely cannot throw that pick six, and olsen has got to stop calling such conservative passes. He must not think blake is capable of completing them (and based on how he was throwing the deep ball today, he may have been right). Blake plays poorly whenever defenses throw anything exotic at him. Defenses dont do that in preseason, hence the regression when the season starts

Anything that can go #jaguars, will always go #jaguars.  

Would've ******

Quote:I dunno you can get into what ifs and specualte all day long but the fact is the team didn't have those guys.  Injuries happen that is why good franchises have depth and plan for ways to win in lieu of losing star players.  Did Carolina's defense buckle when their start MILB was taking out of the game with half still left?

Winners win, its what they do.

One of the biggest problems the Jaguars have is they have to beleive in themselves to win.
I agree with that I think the Jags need to believe they can win I feel today they expected to win maybe this loss will make them look in the Mirror and find themselves. I do think we will play better next week. I do not think we will win but I think we will play better.

I doubt it. 

Quote:If we would of had Marks Branch and Thomas and Lee do you think we would of won. I think we would of I think Thomas would of been Doubled causing for others to be open and the game would of been different. I also think Marks would of helped the Pass Rush.

They were down their number 1 receiver in Benjamin and they overcame it. The problem with the Jags is that we don't have any depth. There is no next man up mentality.

Quote:I doubt it. 

I know.  They would have all gotten injured on the first play of the game anyway.

Quote:They were down their number 1 receiver in Benjamin and they overcame it. The problem with the Jags is that we don't have any depth. There is no next man up mentality.
True another thing this team lacks is Nasty Players  we need those players that blow up people Here is a prediction before the Years End Sample will be a starter

Yes we would have won. I don't understand how we can't move the ball on offense. They basically abandoned the running game and Bortles attempted 40 passing attempts. Yeldon was doing great averaging 4 yards a carry, 12 for 51 yds. 12 more carries thats over 100 yards rushing! Play calling was horrible as well as all those drop passes!

Quote:I agree with that I think the Jags need to believe they can win I feel today they expected to win maybe this loss will make them look in the Mirror and find themselves. I do think we will play better next week. I do not think we will win but I think we will play better.

Had Hurns not fumbled, and Blake not thrown two INTs this game wouldve probably been a win.  Then people would be on here talking about how TJ Yeldon broke their MLB Star, or how great Bortles has progressed in the off season....

My point is too early to give all hope up....