Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we have TE's?

The preseason had our TE's featured in almost all games! Thomas went down and Lewis stepped up! I was hyped for our passing game, especially with the TE's.

WTH happened today?? Why no game plan for our TE's?? I don't recall one pass going to any TE today.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, its a mystery. We didn't try to make that work, and we definitely didn't want to let our run game take off. I didn't understand the play-calling this game. Quick passes every snap, and then maybe an obvious run up the middle... Even though they had 9 in the box haha. 

To be honest, this is probably the most frustrating aspect of today's gameplan.  It may be a result of Carolina's strong linebacking corps, but I couldn't pull up much of anything to support this except for there were only 2 passes to TEs against the Panthers for touchdowns last year (which doesn't tell us much about their success).  Still, extremely frustrating. I hope Julius gets here soon. We don't have a reliable pass target without him.

Quote:Yeah, its a mystery. We didn't try to make that work, and we definitely didn't want to let our run game take off. I didn't understand the play-calling this game. Quick passes every snap, and then maybe an obvious run up the middle... Even though they had 9 in the box haha.

I don't blame blake solely on that pick 6. Olson's calling g today was trash. Get enough bubble screens and short out route passes, it's bound to be picked off.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I don't blame blake solely on that pick 6. Olson's calling g today was trash. Get enough bubble screens and short out route passes, it's bound to be picked off.

That was an awful throw. Everyone in that stadium saw the corner sitting on it but him.

Quote:I don't blame blake solely on that pick 6. Olson's calling g today was trash. Get enough bubble screens and short out route passes, it's bound to be picked off.

The thing is, that was Olson's entire gameplan during his tenure in Oakland. We knew this was coming.

I agree he needs to step it up push the ball down the field I will tell you another thing this team needs a Veteran WR we have to many young guys out there

we need that bad.

Happened last year with the bubble screens. Especially when it takes more than a few seconds to snap, look to the receiver standing still, and then throw it eventually. If the CB's are pressing, they can EASILY read that and time the jump. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 08:55 PM by Sosa.)

I would love to have a heavy passing attack scheme for the offense. Kind of like Atlanta with Julio Jones and Roddy White. They're really exciting to watch whether they win or lose. They make big plays and constantly stretch the field, and if the passing game works, they can easily wreck the defense with draws.

Then again, we don't have receivers like that. We had a receiver that was hyped up to be one of the best break-out players and ends up dropping everything. Hurns and Greene are the only ones showing up, and even then they dropped crucial catches.

Quote:That was an awful throw. Everyone in that stadium saw the corner sitting on it but him.
I watched that play on Nextgen rewind, there was nowhere to go on the play.  Probably should have checked out of it but I don't think Blake had the green light for that today.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:The preseason had our TE's featured in almost all games! Thomas went down and Lewis stepped up! I was hyped for our passing game, especially with the TE's.

WTH happened today?? Why no game plan for our TE's?? I don't recall one pass going to any TE today.

I am glad I wasn't the only one scratching my head during that game in regards to the lack of TE play.

I don't know if Olson or Bortles just deceided not to throw to Lewis & Harbor due to lack of ability to catch, or if the matchups weren't favorable or if their was injuries we didnt know about but I for one & apparently you

thought it was odd.

I also don't get why OC Olson didn't run the ball more especially at the start of the game before it became a big loss?  I mean it gave Bortles a break, allows the Oline to dish out some punishment, and the RBs were doing good against a weak run defense.

It is obivious that the Jaguars are weak in the WR dept, man that hit that WR Greene took to the back was hard to watch.

what is a TE?  the team must not of heard of them either what ever it is if we didn't use them. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Unfortunately we only have one that is worth a hoot and he is injured at the present time.

The Jaguars ran two tight end sets primarily all game, but Lewis, Clay Harbor and Nic Jacobs combined for just two targets. Even with Julius Thomas out the next couple weeks, no one in the tight end group is worth fantasy consideration. -rotoworld

I guess Borltes did throw to Nic & Clay?

all the great offenses really utilize their TE's

Agree

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 08:22 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

It looked like Jedd Fisch was still our OC with all the screens and dink passes.  lol

No, we cut them all in order to get our 53 man roster.  Doesn't seem like the smartest decision now that you think of it.

One of these years.............

Quote:The Jaguars ran two tight end sets primarily all game, but Lewis, Clay Harbor and Nic Jacobs combined for just two targets. Even with Julius Thomas out the next couple weeks, no one in the tight end group is worth fantasy consideration. -rotoworld

I guess Borltes did throw to Nic & Clay?
He overthrew Harbor once, I'm not sure about the other target.

I think this offense lacks an identity and sticking with it.  Preseason they showed power running and attacking vertical passing game.  Then this Titans game, seems like a lot of dink and dunk passing and got away from the running game that was working.  There were some vertical passes early on but the passes were dropped. Hurns had that impressive deep pass at the pylon. I guess they had to go to quick dink and dunks when Sam Young replaced Joeckel since Bortles had less time in the pocket.