Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
#FireBradley

Quote:So we like gus because he should do ok against bad teams, but we should give him a pass because the next 3 are good teams?

Exactly. What's the point if you can't beat the good ones? You have to beat the good ones to win in the playoffs and beyond.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 06:43 PM by Banatha.)

It would be so great to have a coach that knows what is happening DURING the game. One that can make adjustments. You know, like coaching?  Listen to the press conference, he doesn't have a clue what went on.

Press- "what happened to targeting the tight ends, we attempted one pass during the 1st half?",

Gus- "I don't know, ummm, sometimes they are chipping and that might have affected the routes....we will look at the tape and see what happened,  we did try some 3 TE sets I think...and the defense looked good we will learn from this"

Press- " Did you quit using the run too soon, should it have been used more?"

Gus- "I don't know..we may have... but we tried to run twice and it didn't work you know?... So we will watch that tape and find out why we stopped using the run and what they were doing to counter it"

Press-" What happened on the pick six"

Gus- "I heard it was a rookie mistake. Yeah I heard that in my headset for sure, so I don't know, but that's what I heard. We will watch the tape...."

Just once I would like a Saban or Stoops answer, where they know EXACTLY what just occurred. If Gus doesn't know if his TE's are being doubled covered, or if his ends are holding blocks too long or taking bad angles during the game then we have a problem. He sounds like a fan. Bob the Bud Guy can repeat what they heard on their headset. What did you see Gus?

Apparently not a lot.

He Wants to get back and review the tape to diagnose the issues to tell us why we lost this game. Which will happen during the next loss, Gus will diagnose what mistakes were made that caused the breakdown. GUS THAT IS THE ISSUE, YOU DON'T HAVE A GRASP ON WHAT IS WORKING OR WRONG DURING THE GAME. WE DON'T NEED A TAPE REVIEW COACH, WE NEED AN ON THE FIELD ADJUSTMENT COACH. That has been missing here for too long.

If the man's only talent is motivation and reviewing tapes to show what went wrong, he is the wrong man for the job. Gus needs to look in the mirror after he reviews his tape, and tell the guy in the mirror to step up his game. He isn't there just to slap butts on the sidelines on game day.

Quote:It would be so great to have a coach that knows what is happening DURING the game. One that can make adjustments. You know, like coaching? Listen to the press conference, he doesn't have a clue what went on.

Press- "what happened to targeting the tight ends, we attempted one pass during the 1st half?",

Gus- "I don't know, ummm, sometimes they are chipping and that might have affected the routes....we will look at the tape and see what happened, we did try some 3 TE sets I think...and the defense looked good we will learn from this"

Gus- "I don't know..we may have... but we tried to run twice and it didn't work you know?... So we will watch that tape and find out why we stopped using the run and what they were doing to counter it"

Gus- "I heard it was a rookie mistake. Yeah I heard that in my headset for sure, so I don't know, but that's what I heard. We will watch the tape...."

Just once I would like a Saban or Stoops answer, where they know EXACTLY what just occurred. If Gus doesn't know if his TE's are being doubled covered, or if his ends are holding blocks too long or taking bad angles during the game then we have a problem. He sounds like a fan. Bob the Bud Guy can repeat what they heard on their headset. What did you see Gus?

Apparently not a lot.

He Wants to get back and review the tape to diagnose the issues to tell us why we lost this game. Which will happen during the next loss, Gus will diagnose what mistakes were made that caused the breakdown. GUS THAT IS THE ISSUE, YOU DON'T HAVE A GRASP ON WHAT IS WORKING OR WRONG DURING THE GAME. WE DON'T NEED A TAPE REVIEW COACH, WE NEED AN ON THE FIELD ADJUSTMENT COACH. That has been missing here for too long.

If the man's only talent is motivation and reviewing tapes to show what went wrong, he is the wrong man for the job. Gus needs to look in the mirror after he reviews his tape, and tell the guy in the mirror to step up his game. He isn't there just to slap butts on the sidelines on game day.

Damn. Even del Rio gave better reports as to what happened. This is really bad. The guy is lost, and not qualified to be a head coach. The front office got bamboozled during his interview, and thought he was something he is not even close to being.

Quote:It would be so great to have a coach that knows what is happening DURING the game. One that can make adjustments. You know, like coaching?  Listen to the press conference, he doesn't have a clue what went on.

Gus- "I don't know, ummm, sometimes they are chipping and that might have affected the routes....we will look at the tape and see what happened,  we did try some 3 TE sets I think...and the defense looked good we will learn from this"

This is not what actually happened in the press conference, right?  He didn't really answer those questions like this, right?  I mean, he didn't say he didn't know what was going on.

You MUST be exaggerating...  Right?

Quote:This is not what actually happened in the press conference, right? He didn't really answer those questions like this, right? I mean, he didn't say he didn't know what was going on.

You MUST be exaggerating... Right?

Hahahaha. We are in deep water after 1 game...

Quote:Hahahaha. We are in deep water after 1 game...

Yeah, it's kinda scary..  But then again, it's my own fault for being optimistic.  

It won't happen again this year.

Next week is a loss, and every week there after...  Untill we get to the Bucs...  Then that game, we have a small chance of keeping it close into the end of the 4th Quarter.

Quote:Yeah, it's kinda scary.. But then again, it's my own fault for being optimistic.

It won't happen again this year.

Next week is a loss, and every week there after... Untill we get to the Bucs... Then that game, we have a small chance of keeping it close into the end of the 4th Quarter.

They'll find a way to lose to crab legs.

#firegus

Quote:This is not what actually happened in the press conference, right?  He didn't really answer those questions like this, right?  I mean, he didn't say he didn't know what was going on.

You MUST be exaggerating...  Right?
Haha, not much! Every one of those questions were asked, and that is pretty much how he answered. He doesn't know but heard it was a rookie mistake on his headset. Gus said that. 

He should know what happened within minutes. IN DETAIL. Yet he did not know when asked after the game.

If Gus doesn't know why something went wrong within minutes, obviously that indicates the reason we have no adjustments and always lose the second half.

[quote name="aPatel06" post="539813" timestamp="1442175353"]

This second half game planning is awful[/quote ]

That is a coaching issue!!!
Formerly known as The Real Joker