Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
'Twas the Night Before Football

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE FOOTBALL,

<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">when all through the house;

Not a creature was stirring, 'cept left clicks on my mouse.

The fantasy lineup was hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Julius Thomas will soon be there,

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of Blake Bortles danced in their heads.
And Mama in her jersey and me in my cap, we just settled our wagers before Tinker's long snap,

When out on the field, there rose such a clatter, I hurried to EverBank to see what was the matter,

Away to the press box I flew like a flash, tore open the door, and misplaced my stash,

The moon on the breast of the new chosen Roar,

Gave the lustre of midday to the cheerleaders I adore,

When what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a huge yellow cat and 53 players I hold dear,

And a pot bellied man putting up such a fuss,

I knew in an instant - that must be coach Gus.

More rapid than Eagles, his players they came,

Gus whistled and shouted and called them by name.

Now Blake! Now 'Cedes!

Now Yelden! Now Marks!

On Cyprien! On Colvin!

On Odrick, you start!!

To the top of the division, To the top of the game!

Now dash away Carolina! Dash them all, make our name!!!

Go Jags!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Go Jags!

...But it's not nighttime yet.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Brilliantly done, bravo.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

haha thanks... I obviously have too much time on my hands, but have not posted in a long time so I figured I would share.  

Very well done! do you write other things too? seriously, that was awesome.

I mean you pried some of it from santa's cold dead hands but still.. and this is post #3000. Glad I have a life.

Quote:Very well done! do you write other things too? seriously, that was awesome.
Thanks lol!  I knocked this out in 10 minutes this morning waiting for my latte to brew.  I just usually post my nonsense on FB, but do not write.  Quit my real job and started up a kayak eco tour company so I have time on my hands lately.  Hope to share more on here instead of just reading everything.

Quote:Thanks lol!  I knocked this out in 10 minutes this morning waiting for my latte to brew.  I just usually post my nonsense on FB, but do not write.  Quit my real job and started up a kayak eco tour company so I have time on my hands lately.  Hope to share more on here instead of just reading everything.

That's certainly a gamble! I like it! I quit my job and moved to southern California (with no job) to join the giant legion of Jaguars fans out here.

Quote:'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE FOOTBALL,

when all through the house;

Not a creature was stirring, 'cept left clicks on my mouse.

The fantasy lineup was hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Julius Thomas will soon be there,

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of Blake Bortles danced in their heads.And Mama in her jersey and me in my cap, we just settled our wagers before Tinker's long snap,

When out on the field, there rose such a clatter, I hurried to EverBank to see what was the matter,

Away to the press box I flew like a flash, tore open the door, and misplaced my stash,

The moon on the breast of the new chosen Roar,

Gave the lustre of midday to the cheerleaders I adore,

When what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a huge yellow cat and 53 players I hold dear,

And a pot bellied man putting up such a fuss,

I knew in an instant - that must be coach Gus.

More rapid than Eagles, his players they came,

Gus whistled and shouted and called them by name.

Now Blake! Now 'Cedes!

Now Yelden! Now Marks!

On Cyprien! On Colvin!

On Odrick, you start!!

To the top of the division, To the top of the game!

Now dash away Carolina! Dash them all, make our name!!!

Go Jags!!

Ok my FB friend just posted this so either you are him to you are being plagiarized

Quote:Thanks lol! I knocked this out in 10 minutes this morning waiting for my latte to brew. I just usually post my nonsense on FB, but do not write. Quit my real job and started up a kayak eco tour company so I have time on my hands lately. Hope to share more on here instead of just reading everything.

Best wishes on the new business, that's one thing this country needs, more small businesses.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Ok my FB friend just posted this so either you are him to you are being plagiarized
What up, Dana?  You told me your screen name years and years ago.

Whoa. Dude. This is awesome! Bravo lol. Feel like I need to share this.

Quote:What up, Dana?  You told me your screen name years and years ago.

What's up my friend?!

Good job! You need to do one of these before each game!

That was pretty sweet bro. Quick question What's more nerve racking Christmas eve or Football eve?

Quote:That was pretty sweet bro. Quick question What's more nerve racking Christmas eve or Football eve?
Football Eve. I get nervous knowing I'm either going to be extremely happy, or extremely depressed. And its been the latter for the past 8 years.

Nice!

'02