Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BREAKING NEWS

Carson Tinker signs 4 year extension. Can you say..........CHAMPIONSHIP

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Guess they felt like tinkering with his contract now instead of later.

Is a dedicated long snapper truly worth a roster spot?

Quote:Is a dedicated long snapper truly worth a roster spot?

What team doesn't have one?

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 02:45 PM by David4499.)

irrelevant addition.... there will be no punting of FG's this year... only TD's!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Yes.

[Image: 827771717.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015, 02:47 PM by Sosa.)

Well, when you had the money on the table for Aldon you gotta use it somewhere when he rejected it.

Cool, I like his name.

Carson Tinker= tinker on cars.....SEE WHAT I DID THAR?!? I'M ON FIIIYAAAAHHHH

The less football publicity a Long Snapper gets, the better..  Other than when they sign a new contract,   the only time they usually get publicity for their play is when they screw up a snap.

When you don't have one, it is really noticeable.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We should've signed that ex-military guy so we could fill the stands and get people to games. Maybe even sign Tebow for a side-line decoration... He could interact with fans during the game and sign footballs!

Quote:We should've signed that ex-military guy so we could fill the stands and get people to games. Maybe even sign Tebow for a side-line decoration... He could interact with fans during the game and sign footballs!

Wouldn't that devalue the football?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Wouldn't that devalue the football?
You're right, no signing footballs. Just throw them into the crowd, and everyone has a fair chance to catch it with how wild his throws are.

Wonder if he gets on a billboard now like Zelenka did.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Wonder if he gets on a billboard now like Zelenka did.
Joey Z wasn't just a long snapper. I'm not sure if you knew this, but he was kind of a big deal

A good one is. David Binn played for the Chargers for 16 years and Zak DeOssie is going on 8 years for the Giants.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

As a Bama guy, and knowing Tinker's story, it's been a small highlight each year to see he's still "the guy" at the least thought-of position. While it is comical that LS is still a dedicated position for most teams after all these years and the evolution of football, I couldn't be happier for him. Just one of those good people who's worked hard for everything. If you don't know his story regarding Tuscaloosa's tornado a few years back, look it up.

Quote:What team doesn't have one?

A few teams have players at other positions who also longsnap for their team. I don't know of any particular teams this year where this is the case, but over the past decade I've heard of this being the case.

Most teams also have a player at some other position who they can utilize as an emergency longsnapper just in case. I don't know who might hold this role for the Jaguars, but back in the day Double D was the Jaguars emergency longsnapper.

'02

Quote:Joey Z wasn't just a long snapper. I'm not sure if you knew this, but he was kind of a big deal

Joey Z was also listed at TE, but I don't recall ever seeing him take a snap as a TE. That said, he was a Special Teams stud in more ways than one. I'm thining he played in all the units in some capacity.

'02