Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Scobee

Scobee showed signs of decline last year, he's been horrible this year, looks like he might be done.  Amazing Caldwell got something for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At what point did you all begin to realize the kicker is just not very good anymore? During his last season in Jacksonville I always thought the probability was our STC. Now we are seeing an opportunity to show fans our problem

We are fans of the team, not fans of  the problem.

Yikes
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:At what point did you all begin to realize the kicker is just not very good anymore? During his last season in Jacksonville I always thought the probability was our STC. Now we are seeing an opportunity to show fans our problem

We are fans of the team, not fans of  the problem.
wut

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Scobee showed signs of decline last year, he's been horrible this year, looks like he might be done.  Amazing Caldwell got something for him.

The Steelers know from purrsonal experience they were getting a boom or bust player. Mike Tomlin said it St. Louis he will call mire fourth down plays. The way I see it, Tomlin does not have much faith is  Scobbee.

Getting something from Scobee was easy.The Steelers had only one year of blocked and missed  PAT ad FG attempts Nobody knew what they were really getting in that trade because it was for a conditional pick.

Steeler fans want to use the Lemon Law for the Scobee acquisition

And it's not getting any better for poor Josh, trending on twitter & sports sites because of this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25747...-vs-ravens

Scobee is the ultimate Steeler killer haha

Quote:And it's not getting any better for poor Josh, trending on twitter & sports sites because of this...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2574719-snoop-dogg-goes-off-on-steelers-k-josh-scobee-after-crucial-miss-vs-ravens'>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2574719-snoop-dogg-goes-off-on-steelers-k-josh-scobee-after-crucial-miss-vs-ravens</a>

Damn dude. Snoop Dogg just tore scobee up...wow. he should go into hiding. Hahaha.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Warms my heart to see Scobee missing on purpose to screw with the squealers. He is a Jaguar for life and a Jaguar fan. 

Way to go Scobee!!!!! Enjoy the golf course!!!!!!!!!

Dave Caldwell won't be able to make another trade ever, I really thought he wouldn't be able to after Gabs, but this will most certainly seal the deal
A good loser is a good loser

Scobee was happy here. He enjoyed relative superstar status as a kicker because he's been the only one we could consistently depend on through the years. Throw in his love of golf and the local area and it comes as no surprise that he isn't doing well in Pittsburgh.  Like Curtis Dvorak, I foresee Scobee becoming a fixture of local media programming next year after he's resigned to the Jags for one day in order to retire.

Goodell is going to penalize Caldwell for fleecing the Steelers. At least Gabbert might start for the 49ers

Quote:On ESPN tonight they said Scobee had the worst % of any kicker..  He was missing them for the Jags last season...  One reason they brought it a kicker and gave him the job...  At one point of his career on the Jags, he had the best %...    Golf tour may be looking better for him..   At least he has his contract for this season.

Scobee isn't good enough to play on any professional golf tour. Not even mini tours.

Quote:[Image: 11218681_10204711126204739_6754312242848...e=5677B57C]

This is funny !!

Quote:Goodell is going to penalize Caldwell for fleecing the Steelers. At least Gabbert might start for the 49ers

After getting a 6th rounder for Scobee and Gabbert, I'm thinking Caldwell should be able to get at least a 2nd rounder for Blackmon

Quote:On ESPN tonight they said Scobee had the worst % of any kicker..  He was missing them for the Jags last season...  One reason they brought it a kicker and gave him the job...  At one point of his career on the Jags, he had the best %...    Golf tour may be looking better for him..   At least he has his contract for this season.

Stat that was shown on the screen was for the last two years.. In 2013 Josh was 23/25 for 92%, 2014 20/26 for 76.9% and so far this year 6/10 60% but all 4 misses are between 40-49 yards

Quote:The Steelers know from purrsonal experience they were getting a boom or bust player. Mike Tomlin said it St. Louis he will call mire fourth down plays. The way I see it, Tomlin does not have much faith is  Scobbee.

Getting something from Scobee was easy.The Steelers had only one year of blocked and missed  PAT ad FG attempts Nobody knew what they were really getting in that trade because it was for a conditional pick.

Not conditional This from Steelers Website

The Details on the trade between the Steelers and Jaguars for Josh Scobee the Steelers received Scobee and the Jaguars received a sixth round draft pick in return. As Scobee is going to receive his full $3.4 million dollar contract in 2015, the contract will be split between the Steelers and Jaguars. Therefore, Pittsburgh will not be forced to absorb the full cap hit of Scobee's existing contract. Some might shake off a sixth round draft pick, but if you look at the Steelers' draft history a sixth round pick is certainly valuable.

Quote:And it's not getting any better for poor Josh, trending on twitter & sports sites because of this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25747...-vs-ravens

I thought Snoop was a Jags fan.

Snoop Dog just showed his stupidity... "you were sorry in Jacksonville"..??? What? Sorry, Snoop, but he wasn't "sorry" in Jax. It's a shame people don't review the facts before they spout stupidity. I seem to remember a 4th down play where Vick threw an errant pass to an open receiver...Scobee missed the opportunity to end the game, but the Steelers, as a whole, couldn't put the game away. I wonder if the football expert "Snoop", will throw a tirade over Vick's errant pass? Doubt it.