Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Scobee

Steelers fans be like...

[Image: disbelief-o.gif]

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares what Snoop thinks

Quote:Who cares what Snoop thinks
This.....

the D-O-Double G is spot on as usual

Just watching scobee on the sidelines before the first miss then between that and the second and after, you could tell he wasn't happy. Maybe just doesn't want to a steeler. When you saw him on the sidelines in Jax or coming onto the field he had a little swagger and I don't see it there.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 01:26 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

No surprise here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...me-through

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"I wanted to redeem myself, but I didn't get it," he said. "I understand it. I just have to move on."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"I feel like I let the team down. It's a bad feeling. It was a hard-fought game on both sides. I wish I had been able to come through, but it just wasn't my night.

He added it is not his job to worry about being cut:

Quote:"I can't think about that stuff," he said. "I just have to let it play out."

Quote:Just watching Scobee on the sidelines before the first miss then between that and the second and after, you could tell he wasn't happy. Maybe just doesn't want to a Steeler. When you saw him on the sidelines in Jax or coming onto the field he had a little swagger and I don't see it there.

I doubt he wants to think about losing his job. It was just a bad night for him and he might make all of his attempts next week. But Tomlin obviously made him mad by going for it on fourth and 2 in field goal range.

Quote:I doubt he wants to think about losing his job. It was just a bad night for him and he might make all of his attempts next week. But Tomlin obviously made him mad by going for it on fourth and 2 in field goal range.
I didn't say he wants to lose his job I just said it looks like he doesn't want to be there. This probably causing confidence loss.

Quote:I didn't say he wants to lose his job I just said it looks like he doesn't want to be there. This probably causing confidence loss.

Confidence loss is caused by repeated failures such as what we saw last night. Where he plays has nothing to do with it.

The internet has taken this too far.

[Image: CQR9_sYVAAA9AXB.jpg]

I feel like this is just leading up to Scobee ending up back in Florida, with the Buccaneers. 

;

;

Man I feel so bad for Scobee. I wish him the best and I was pulling for him to make those kicks too... Even if it is for Pittsburgh. It is fairly likely to assume he will be cut or this will be his last week with the Steelers.  

Quote:Man I feel so bad for Scobee. I wish him the best and I was pulling for him to make those kicks too...Even if it is for Pittsburgh. It is fairly likely to assume he will be cut or this will be his last week with the Steelers.  

Not so fast. Kickers usually don't lose their jobs after only one bad game. It can happen, but I would not make any assumptions at this point.

I hope if the Steelers do cut Scobee, it will not take long for him to get another job.

Quote:Who cares what Snoop thinks

This.

I know someone wrote this already, but I feel it should be emphasized.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

It looks like Josh Scobee will not be a Steeler much longer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-the-outs

Quote:Confidence loss is caused by repeated failures such as what we saw last night. Where he plays has nothing to do with it.
you missed the point. Where he's playing and his confidence loss are two different things.

Quote:You missed the point. Where he's playing and his confidence loss are two different things.

Duh, of course they are two different things. They are completely unrelated. Don't tell me crap about Pittsburgh being a hard place to kick because there was so little wind last night nobody talked about it.

Quote:Duh, of course they are two different things. They are completely unrelated. Don't tell me crap about Pittsburgh being a hard place to kick because there was so little wind last night nobody talked about it.
I feel I already made my point. Not sure where you're digging up this extra stuff but hey if it jiggles your wiggle, go for it.

Quote:I feel I already made my point. Not sure where you're digging up this extra stuff but hey if it jiggles your wiggle, go for it.

No you haven't. What connection do you see between where a kicker plays and his confidence level? I am still waiting for that answer.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 08:58 PM by stoopidsteve87.)

Quote:Confidence loss is caused by repeated failures such as what we saw last night. Where he plays has nothing to do with it.

Quote:Not so fast. Kickers usually don't lose their jobs after only one bad game. It can happen, but I would not make any assumptions at this point.

I hope if the Steelers do cut Scobee, it will not take long for him to get another job.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong and wrong again.

Confidence isn't a certainty to be connected to location, however, you're ignorant if you think that there is no chance of any connection as you've gone on further to imply. If you were moved to conduct your job/responsibilities in a location you, for whatever reasons, were unhappy being, are you saying 100% certain that there would be absolutely zero impact on your production? You may like to think so, as most of us probably would think the same of ourselves, but it's not a certainty. And for some people, different motivations, different personalities, so on, their job performance very well may decline. A person's environment can have plenty of impact on their emotions, life, performance, etc. This may not always be obvious to the individual, just as the situation to outside perspectives may not appear to be the negative that it is to said individual.

Add that to the fact that Scobee is kicking in what is typically thought to be a more difficult than average stadium, whether wind was significant that night or not. Possible mental impact. 

Now, rightfully so, many will argue "hey, this guy is paid large sums of money to simply kick a ball." Yeah, you're right. But tell me you know exactly what is going on in this guy's head and what he is feeling or couldn't possibly be feeling. Say he shouldn't be affected by simply not "wanting" to play in Pittsburgh as opposed to Jacksonville, and I'll agree with that general statement. But claim there's no way he's affected in any way mentally, or better yet (as you've near about implied) that there's no way any mental or emotional negativeness could impact his kicking and... Yeah, you're wrong. It's POSSIBLE. And I simply hope you never are in any situation that your job performance may possibly be impacted negatively by your life.

Additionally, you reference not being cut after one bad performance. Well, that was his second in four weeks. He's 6 of 10 after missing 2 in the first week, and another 2 last night. That's a bad game in half of those he's played, and barely making more than half his attempts.

Just the same... None of the above may be the case. He may be quite happy regardless of where he's playing, confidence of no issue, and just has hit a very poorly timed, rather significant slump.