Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Multiple Teams Interested in Trading for Julius Thomas

If multiple teams were interested in Thomas, I would think the Jags could have bagged something better than a 7th rounder.

I am still under the assumption that this deal has nothing to do with the Albert deal. If it is not, that may explain it. If not, it is a real head-scratcher.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If multiple teams were interested in Thomas, I would think the Jags could have bagged something better than a 7th rounder.

I am still under the assumption that this deal has nothing to do with the Albert deal. If it is not, that may explain it. If not, it is a real head-scratcher.

Exactly.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Good to see, we have seen Dave doesn't know what he is doing. I think Tom is still letting Dave make some decisions without stepping on his toes. I see the Henne resigning as a Dave move where Tom let Dave keep his guy
I always find it entertaining to see how people cherry pick who they want to blame or give credit to based on whether they agree or disagree with the move.

Coughlin is the final voice in every personnel move this team is making right now.  Caldwell is nothing more than a glorified scout.  That was never more clear than when they sent Dave out to the Senior Bowl to scout the talent.

The only decisions Caldwell is making without Tom's input right now is what side of the bed he's sleeping on when he gets home. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I always find it entertaining to see how people cherry pick who they want to blame or give credit to based on whether they agree or disagree with the move.

Coughlin is the final voice in every personnel move this team is making right now. Caldwell is nothing more than a glorified scout. That was never more clear than when they sent Dave out to the Senior Bowl to scout the talent.

The only decisions Caldwell is making without Tom's input right now is what side of the bed he's sleeping on when he gets home.

Pretty much.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:If multiple teams were interested in Thomas, I would think the Jags could have bagged something better than a 7th rounder.

It's possible that multiple teams tried to trade for him, but at the end of the day, he wanted to play for Adam Gase, and even agreed to a lesser salary to do so.  At the end of the day, I think that's what drove us to Miami with the trade deal.  We wanted to be done with him, and he was at least given an opportunity to land where he wanted.  Win win for everyone.

Thomas was a major disappointment here, looking no better than Marcedes Lewis.  For a guy who was going to stretch the field for us, that never really materialized, and I don't think it was entirely due to him not being utilized correctly.  He looked like he was out of shape and slow of foot.  Never a good combination.  He got his payday.  Now it's on to play with his former coach.  At the end of the day, the roster is actually better off with him not on it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!