Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Multiple Teams Interested in Trading for Julius Thomas

Can't see how a 7th rounder will be contributing more than JT can, considering Jags can just afford him this year and cut ties after the season with about 4 mil dead cap. 7th rounders usually never make the team so I guess they were planning on cutting him anyways.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:"We have no TE, and a 32 yr old LT. We're killing it."

I responded to that post, which surely looks like sarcasm.

Either way, we upgraded LT and got compensated for a guy that has been utter trash sonce signing here. Sign me up.

You quoted me saying I trust Coughlin

Quote:Julius is gone. Now it's Jordan Leggett time (hopefully)
Sign me up for that!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Can't see how a 7th rounder will be contributing more than JT can, considering Jags can just afford him this year and cut ties after the season with about 4 mil dead cap. 7th rounders usually never make the team so I guess they were planning on cutting him anyways.

Coughlin and Marrone must've seen his sloth like attitude on the game film. Coughlin doesn't like bums on his team.

Like I said before, this does nothing. We still have a hole at TE and a draft pick that won't amount to much. JT was a Gerhart level FA bust.

Quote:Julius is gone. Now it's Jordan Leggett time (hopefully)

I believe Julius still here .. Where u get that from?

Quote:The ignorance in this place is overflowing.

Am I wrong?

Quote:Like I said before, this does nothing. We still have a hole at TE and a draft pick that won't amount to much. JT was a Gerhart level FA bust.
If that extra pick enables us to move up...maybe not.

Quote:If that extra pick enables us to move up...maybe not.

This is the only possibility I like. Still though, if you're only getting a 7th, why not just keep JT? Yeah he sucked last year, but so did a lot of other players. Shop him for a 5th even, a 7th??? Really?

Are all those multiple teams only offering a 7th?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I believe Julius still here .. Where u get that from?

He is still here until March 9. On that day he will be gone.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 02:41 AM by TheAll22.)

Quote:If that extra pick enables us to move up...maybe not.

I like the way you are thinking..say Howard is sitting on the board in the late first and the Titans and Buccs have passed on him you might be able to move into the the 1st ahead of some TE needy teams like Dallas or New England. Probably not with the pick you got but you'd feel more comfortable anyway

Quote:He is still here until March 9. On that day he will be gone.

Why is that?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Chalk up another one for Caldwell. Guy sucks at both the draft AND free agency now it would seem. At least Tom will tighten ship if nothing else.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 07:23 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:This is the only possibility I like. Still though, if you're only getting a 7th, why not just keep JT? Yeah he sucked last year, but so did a lot of other players. Shop him for a 5th even, a 7th??? Really?
I get the sense that this is a purge of players that somehow rankled either Marrone, Coughlin, or both.  Nothing really to substantiate this thought, but if the brass thought there was any value whatsoever in getting them off the field and out of the locker room, that may explain the willingness to settle for a 7. 

Also keep in mind Thomas completely disappeared from the offense.  Even if his innate skills justify a higher pick, his decline in productivity and lack of durability diminished his value.

Edit:  Now there is something to substantiate the thought:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-friction/

Quote:I like the way you are thinking..say Howard is sitting on the board in the late first and the Titans and Buccs have passed on him you might be able to move into the the 1st ahead of some TE needy teams like Dallas or New England. Probably not with the pick you got but you'd feel more comfortable anyway
I argued this extensively in the various threads revisiting the Eugene Monroe trade.

Quote:Chalk up another one for Caldwell. Guy sucks at both the draft AND free agency now it would seem. At least Tom will tighten ship if nothing else.
agree

Quote:Chalk up another one for Caldwell. Guy sucks at both the draft AND free agency now it would seem. At least Tom will tighten ship if nothing else.
Refresh my memory.

Wasn't TC the guy who brought in Bryce Paup & Hardy Nickerson?

Wasn't TC the guy who drafted Soward, DeMarco, Schwartz, Deligianis, Anthony Cesario, etc?

Quote:Refresh my memory.

Wasn't TC the guy who drafted Soward, DeMarco, Schwartz, Deligianis, Anthony Cesario, etc?
Isn't anyone else afraid TC is gonna put us in salary cap trouble again?

Quote:Refresh my memory.

Edit:  I only addressed half of his complaints.

I submit Caldwell has actually drafted well, even though the results have not been there. 

If you examine his drafts, you will see lots of good individual performances, both on a game by game basis and over the course of a season.

Telvin Smith won two defensive players of the week awards.  Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns (though undrafted), both had 1000 yard seasons for the Jaguars-something that wasn't seen  since Jimmy Smith (as an individual receiver) and as a duo going back to 2001.  Linder was the best interior OL drafted by this team since Manuwai.  We got a brand new rookie sack record from Ngakoue.  Ramsey looks like he will be a great CB for many years to come.  Before regressing and getting injured last year, Greene was looking like a very good punt returner.  This doesn't even count Myles Jack, whom the couches could not figure out how to get on the field.

Free agency shows good signings in Senderrick Marks,  Malik Jackson, Prince Amukumara

That tells me the lack of overall success-especially last year-is more attributable to coaching than the innate talent on the team.

We never got anything close to this from Gene Smith's drafts.