Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Multiple Teams Interested in Trading for Julius Thomas

Quote:If it was Caldwell still running things I don't think he would have cut beachum, replaced him with a 32 year old of the same caliber, and then traded Julius for a 7th after 2 seasons. Just my opinion

He definitely would have kept Beachum. Caldwell chose not to chase Mack because of his age. He has always believed in building through he draft and filling the gaps with young free agents.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If it was Caldwell still running things I don't think he would have cut beachum, replaced him with a 32 year old of the same caliber, and then traded Julius for a 7th after 2 seasons. Just my opinion
Certainly possible. It seems a bit of a departure from the norm since Caldwell arrived. 

Yeah as really thought he would go to Miami. But looks like he will not be with the Jaguars in 2017 that's for sure.

It's like Caldwell is driving the Driver's Ed car.

But instead of an empty seat beside him as it's been, Coughlin's now in the instructor's seat.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Good to see, we have seen Dave doesn't know what he is doing. I think Tom is still letting Dave make some decisions without stepping on his toes. I see the Henne resigning as a Dave move where Tom let Dave keep his guy

Quote:Good to see, we have seen Dave doesn't know what he is doing. I think Tom is still letting Dave make some decisions without stepping on his toes. I see the Henne resigning as a Dave move where Tom let Dave keep his guy

We have seen a mix of hits and misses since Caldwell arrived. He knows what he is doing more often than not.

Quote:We have seen a mix of hits and misses since Caldwell arrived. He knows what he is doing more often than not.
if he knew what he was doing more often than not we wouldn't be picking in the top 5 again for the 5th straight year since he has been here

Quote:if he knew what he was doing more often than not we wouldn't be picking in the top 5 again for the 5th straight year since he has been here

Exactly. We didn't go 14 - 48 just because of Gus Bradley. Caldwell has made plenty of bad decisions as well with the roster. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Exactly. We didn't go 14 - 48 just because of Gus Bradley. Caldwell has made plenty of bad decisions as well with the roster.

Yes we did, the Cue Ball Curse was real.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:if he knew what he was doing more often than not we wouldn't be picking in the top 5 again for the 5th straight year since he has been here

Gus Bradley

Quote:He definitely would have kept Beachum. Caldwell chose not to chase Mack because of his age. He has always believed in building through he draft and filling the gaps with young free agents.

I think our owner has grown impatient along with the fans, and has told them to speed things up.   That means, stop thinking about winning 3 years from now and start thinking about winning now.   Caldwell has built a young core of players, so maybe it's time to get going on the winning.  

Quote:Exactly. We didn't go 14 - 48 just because of Gus Bradley. Caldwell has made plenty of bad decisions as well with the roster. 

That may be true, but you have to admit, we have a lot more young talent now than we had 4 years ago. 

Quote:a real Jags fan would know

Exactly.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Caldwell has made his fair share of mistakes certainly, but I'm worried Coughlin may overpay for old players too. As long as they're both held in check a little bit, we should be in good shape. Still way too early to tell, but targeting a 32yo LT is certainly eye-brow raising, upgrade or not. Will have to wait and see and evaluate at the end of next year's post season.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 02:04 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Gus Bradley
Negative. And people did the same with Jdr.

The coach cannot be blamed for everything.

Many bad coaches have been in the nfl and had 500 teams or better.

The issue has been lack of veterans. With strong leadership skills.

That falls on dave and not gus.

And his building through the draft strategy.

While that is a great approach. It does nothing. If not a strong vocal balance in place.

Did gus stink at hc? Absolutely.

Is it all on him? Absolutely not.

And make no bones about it. Tom is here. Because Dave's philosiphy has failed.

#Gojags

Quote:Negative. And people did the same with Jdr.

The coach cannot be blamed for everything. Many bad coaches have been the nfl and had 500 teams.

The issue has been lack of veterans. With strong leadership skills.

That falls on dave and not gus. And his building through the draft strategy.

While that is a geeat approach. It does nothing if not a strong vocal balance in place.

Did gus stink at hc? Absolutely.

Is it all on him? Absolutely not. And Tom is here. Because Dave's philosiphy has failed.

It's still looking like 75% on Gus at least. JDR would have won this division with the team we've had the past 2 years. And I don't think he's any good either.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It's still looking like 75% on Gus at least. JDR would have won this division with the team we've had the past 2 years. And I don't think he's any good either.

Actually gus cant do much. With qbs that stink. (Regress) (go back instead of forward)

And while loved jdr. Absolutely not. We would of not won 10 games with Blakes poor play.

Because David was a game manager (blake is not)

#Gojags

Quote:Actually gus cant do much. With qbs that stink. (Regress) (go back instead of forward)

And while loved jdr. Absolutely not. We would of not won 10 games with Blakes poor play.

Because David was a game manager (blake is not)

Whatever, Gus will always be this special needs guy in coach's clothing:

[Image: giphy.gif]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Whatever, Gus will always be this special needs guy in coach's clothing:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Never said (ice cream) gus gets a pass.

#Gojags

Quote:Gus Bradley
Who hire Gus Bradley?  Who drafted the Joke, Cyp, Bortles etc... and sign our failed free agents?