Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring on Carolina. The real season is finally upon us

The first week of regular season

Carolina Panthers vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, Sept 13th at 1pm EST

(PreSeason stats 2015)

Total Offense Ranking

Jaguars 15th, 4th in Pass, 30th in the Run game

Panthers 13th, 9th in Pass, 20th in the Run game

Total Defense Ranking

Jaguars 26th, 25th against the Pass, 9th against the Run

Panthers 25th, 17th against the Pass, 30th against the Run

---------------------------------------------

Panthers Offensive players

LWR Corey Brown

RWR Ted Ginn

TE Greg Olson *

LT Oher - Blindside kid

LG Norwell

C Kalil

RG Turner

RT Remmers

QB Cam Newton

RB Stewart, Fozzy bear, Toddman*

FB Mike Tolbert *

---------------------------------

Comments

The Jaguars have a better Run Defense than the PreSeason stats would show with the starters in, but the Panthers will come out with a balanced attack consisting mainly of passes towards the 2nd half as they will exploit the Jags DBs

The Jaguars have a better Run game than the stats would appear, especially if Corey Grant is able to play and we will see how OC Greg Olson game plays for the Panthers Defense whom is weak against the run.  This will be important thing to watch because if the Jaguars cant run against the Panthers (a weaker Run D) and with the Jaguars wanting to Run more this season it can show the success this offense will have.

I expect the Jaguars win by 20 points!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Worried about how our offensive line matches up with Carolinas front seven. And I'm worried about Greg Olsen. Should be a tight game. Hopefully Bortles starts off the season playing out of his mind. Lot of questions will be answered against a decent Carolina team to start off the season.

I'll be a Homer and predict 20-17 Jaguars though.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 12:49 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Cam hasn't been the same since losing Steve Smith. With Benjamin down I assume our attention goes to Greg Olson and stopping the run. We've fared quite well against the Panthers offense in the past. I think it will be a lower scoring game and I give us the edge just because we're at home and really need a fast start for so many reasons. Above all else I'm just glad we can put the preseason to bed and move on to real games that count. 

Jaguars win 17-13.

No pain, no gain.

Sorry to be that guy, but 20-17 Panthers on a late field goal. That defense is tough.
Shock the world

Jaguars win a hard fought game 17-14.

I'm sticking to this, but it's going to take an all-out effort by everyone to get it done. The Jaguars have a secret weapon that everyone else seems to be overlooking... Oley's playcalling.

'02

Quote:Worried about how our offensive line matches up with Carolinas front seven. And I'm worried about Greg Olsen. Should be a tight game. Hopefully Bortles starts off the season playing out of his mind. Lot of questions will be answered against a decent Carolina team to start off the season.

Glue House on Olsen all day.

'02

Quote:Worried about how our offensive line matches up with Carolinas front seven. And I'm worried about Greg Olsen. Should be a tight game. Hopefully Bortles starts off the season playing out of his mind. Lot of questions will be answered against a decent Carolina team to start off the season.

Maybe Telvin Smith will get an INT when Cam goes to throw to Greg Olson?

Chris Clemons gets a sack and a forced fumble on Cam, however Cam throws a deep pass on Aaron Colvin for a TD.

Sergio Brown makes him pay for trying a 2nd time with an INT.

The Jaguars Offense becomes hotter than it ever was since Brunnell and a combo of Corey Grant & TJ Yeldon with big runs, including a kick off return for a TD by Grant!

Blake Bortles and TE Clay Harbor connect for some interesting plays

Final Score

Jaguars win 27 to 7.

Panthers 13

Jags 10

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:Panthers 13

Jags 10
If we score 10 points i'll cry. We scored 17 last year with terrible Henne.

I love predictions!

Just Win Baby!

......but while everyones at it ....28-17 Jaguars.

It will be nice to not need Myers every game to close.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 04:47 AM by ZNation484.)

Quote:The first week of regular season

Carolina Panthers vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, Sept 13th at 1pm EST

(PreSeason stats 2015)
Total Offense Ranking

Jaguars 15th, 4th in Pass, 30th in the Run game

Panthers 13th, 9th in Pass, 20th in the Run game

Total Defense Ranking

Jaguars 26th, 25th against the Pass, 9th against the Run

Panthers 25th, 17th against the Pass, 30th against the Run

---------------------------------------------

Panthers Offensive players

LWR Corey Brown

RWR Ted Ginn

TE Greg Olson *

LT Oher - Blindside kid

LG Norwell

C Kalil

RG Turner

RT Remmers

QB Cam Newton

RB Stewart, Fozzy bear, Toddman*

FB Mike Tolbert *

---------------------------------

Comments

The Jaguars have a better Run Defense than the PreSeason stats would show with the starters in, but the Panthers will come out with a balanced attack consisting mainly of passes towards the 2nd half as they will exploit the Jags DBs

The Jaguars have a better Run game than the stats would appear, especially if Corey Grant is able to play and we will see how OC Greg Olson game plays for the Panthers Defense whom is weak against the run. This will be important thing to watch because if the Jaguars cant run against the Panthers (a weaker Run D) and with the Jaguars wanting to Run more this season it can show the success this offense will have.

I expect the Jaguars win by 20 points!
If you really think the Panthers have a bad run D you are sure in for a surprise.

Our front 7 is the complete identity of this team. If you had to list our best strength it would be stopping the run. I mean....I don't even know what to say to this "analysis".

Quote:If you really think the Panthers have a bad run D you are sure in for a surprise.

Our front 7 is the complete identity of this team. If you had to list our best strength it would be stopping the run. I mean....I don't even know what to say to this "analysis".

I'm with you here. I checked out Kuechly's stats for the preseason. He had a total of four tackles the first two weeks and hasn't played the last two. This tells me he's hardly played at all and that...unless he's hurt and I just don't know it...the Panthers run D stats are totally misleading.

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 05:13 AM by Sosa.)

Guys, why do you bother with predictions? It's obvious that the Panthers are a super-bowl caliber team and are perfect in every area! 

They lost their star WR? Doesn't matter, we have Tedd Ginn!

Cam will struggle to throw without KB/Funchess. Doesn't matter we have Olsen!

Panthers run game looks a bit weak. NOPE, they have James "GOAT" Stewart. He'll put up 2fiddy.

Jags offense looks pretty good this year, we might get some TD's. NOOOPE!!! We have the BEST defense and you can't RUN or PASS. You can only get a field goal.

OUR IDENTITY FOR DEFENSE  IS STOPPING THE RUN AND PASS. OUR IDENTITY FOR OFFENSE IS RUNNING THE FOOTBALL WITH GOAT STEWART!

My prediction is 100-3, Panthers. 

-ZNation

lol

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 05:16 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:If you really think the Panthers have a bad run D you are sure in for a surprise.

Carolina ranked 16th against the run last year.

You guys have a good front 7, but we're not talking about the '85 Bears, here.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...447263-n=1

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Carolina ranked 16th against the run last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...447263-n=1

Then again the Jaguars running game isn't exactly boasting Fred Taylor.

'02

Quote:Then again the Jaguars running game isn't exactly boasting Fred Taylor.
'Tis true.

But I'm a lot more confident the Jaguars can establish at least a competent running attack this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:'Tis true.

But I'm a lot more confident the Jaguars can establish at least a competent running attack this year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bortles is the leading rusher on the team in the game or close to it. I don't expect big things from the backs, especially if they keep trying to make Yeldon work. Still think the stats will look respectable with Bortles rushing for 50 or so yards.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 06:47 AM by ZNation484.)

Quote:Carolina ranked 16th against the run last year.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1'>http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1</a>
I hear ya...and if you're looking at stats then you're definitely right. Week 11 we benched 4 vets and started rookies....that's when the D completely changed. And I didn't say we have the best D in the league, all I said is if you're going to name our weaknesses run D definitely isn't one of them.

Quote:Guys, why do you bother with predictions? It's obvious that the Panthers are a super-bowl caliber team and are perfect in every area!

They lost their star WR? Doesn't matter, we have Tedd Ginn!

Cam will struggle to throw without KB/Funchess. Doesn't matter we have Olsen!

Panthers run game looks a bit weak. NOPE, they have James "GOAT" Stewart. He'll put up 2fiddy.

Jags offense looks pretty good this year, we might get some TD's. NOOOPE!!! We have the BEST defense and you can't RUN or PASS. You can only get a field goal.

OUR IDENTITY FOR DEFENSE IS STOPPING THE RUN AND PASS. OUR IDENTITY FOR OFFENSE IS RUNNING THE FOOTBALL WITH GOAT STEWART!

My prediction is 100-3, Panthers.

-ZNation

I see you have 15 year old girl members on this board. Quality post.