Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring on Carolina. The real season is finally upon us

16-7 Jags

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 09:31 AM by Section105Fan.)

Jaguars shock the rest of the league.........

Jags 24. Carolina 20

Our last two season openers were clear losses. Our last two home season openers were complete meltdowns.

Either our talent was so lacking in the first two years (which is partially true), or Gus may not be the best guy at preparing this team for the season opening games (something coughlin was excellent at).

With that in mind, I think we will lose against Carolina.

23-10.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I see you have 15 year old girl members on this board. Quality post.

Hey... This isn't Carolina. Don't be trolling for 15 year old girls ova heah....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Troll, our offensive line isn't that bad. Go back to your Panthers board.

Glad to see you're calling names already.

I didn't say your OL is bad, I just know our DL is awesome. Our front 7 is arguably the best in the NFL and we'll bring pressure in a variety of ways.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Guys, why do you bother with predictions? It's obvious that the Panthers are a super-bowl caliber team and are perfect in every area!

They lost their star WR? Doesn't matter, we have Tedd Ginn!

Cam will struggle to throw without KB/Funchess. Doesn't matter we have Olsen!

Panthers run game looks a bit weak. NOPE, they have James "GOAT" Stewart. He'll put up 2fiddy.

Jags offense looks pretty good this year, we might get some TD's. NOOOPE!!! We have the BEST defense and you can't RUN or PASS. You can only get a field goal.

OUR IDENTITY FOR DEFENSE IS STOPPING THE RUN AND PASS. OUR IDENTITY FOR OFFENSE IS RUNNING THE FOOTBALL WITH GOAT STEWART!

My prediction is 100-3, Panthers.

-ZNation

Hahahaha

Cam is z best ever..

-znation
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:The first week of regular season

Carolina Panthers vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, Sept 13th at 1pm EST

(PreSeason stats 2015)
Total Offense Ranking

Jaguars 15th, 4th in Pass, 30th in the Run game

Panthers 13th, 9th in Pass, 20th in the Run game

Total Defense Ranking

Jaguars 26th, 25th against the Pass, 9th against the Run

Panthers 25th, 17th against the Pass, 30th against the Run

---------------------------------------------

Panthers Offensive players

LWR Corey Brown

RWR Ted Ginn

TE Greg Olson *

LT Oher - Blindside kid

LG Norwell

C Kalil

RG Turner

RT Remmers

QB Cam Newton

RB Stewart, Fozzy bear, Toddman*

FB Mike Tolbert *

---------------------------------

Comments

The Jaguars have a better Run Defense than the PreSeason stats would show with the starters in, but the Panthers will come out with a balanced attack consisting mainly of passes towards the 2nd half as they will exploit the Jags DBs

The Jaguars have a better Run game than the stats would appear, especially if Corey Grant is able to play and we will see how OC Greg Olson game plays for the Panthers Defense whom is weak against the run. This will be important thing to watch because if the Jaguars cant run against the Panthers (a weaker Run D) and with the Jaguars wanting to Run more this season it can show the success this offense will have.

I expect the Jaguars win by 20 points!

Panther D is weak against the run?

BWAHAHAHAHA! A truly ignorant statement.
I am not obliged to believe that the same God that endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use. - Galileo

Quote:Cam hasn't been the same since losing Steve Smith. With Benjamin down I assume our attention goes to Greg Olson and stopping the run. We've fared quite well against the Panthers offense in the past. I think it will be a lower scoring game and I give us the edge just because we're at home and really need a fast start for so many reasons. Above all else I'm just glad we can put the preseason to bed and move on to real games that count.

Jaguars win 17-13.

What makes you belive this?

Jags 30th in rush offense? This preseason, seems unlikely to me.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Jags fans: The Panthers can't run the ball.

ZNation: Once the Panthers solidified their Oline (the same line that will start week 1 plus an upgrade at LT) and got J-Stew healthy they were the second best run team in the league. Plus their #2 and #3 RBs from last year have been replaced by young studs. The run game should be pretty good. 

Jags fans: Well we might as well not even say anything because ZNation is going to say the Panthers are the best and he won't let us just make up things. 

ZNation: [BLEEP]? What time does the middle school bus pick you kids up anyway? 

[Image: 31631e88306e727bd09329ec5133c9f18a46bc20...be24da.jpg]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

It will come down to 2 things for the Jags...can the OL give Bortles time to throw & can the DL stop the run.

Carolina's front seven is great and the main reason their defense is so good.  They've upgraded their secondary but it's still wait and see how much they've improved.  If Bortles can get time he will have success.

Carolina's biggest offensive strength is their run game & the Jags DL isn't at full strength.  It will be a long day for the defense if they can't stop the run.

I think it will be a low scoring game, field goals/special teams prob are the difference:   Jags - 13  Car - 10

Worried about Carolinas pass rush??

Outside of Charles Johnson.... Who do they have?

Star is more of a run stopper big boy.

If you want to talk about reasons why you could beat us you could easily talk about our WR problem, our secondary, the fact that our starting safety is 48 and terrible, or that we have been terrible on special teams. 

Instead you want to say we can't run the ball and we can't stop the run......which are our two biggest strengths. 

Makes perfect sense. 

Quote:It will come down to 2 things for the Jags...can the OL give Bortles time to throw & can the DL stop the run.

Carolina's front seven is great and the main reason their defense is so good.  They've upgraded their secondary but it's still wait and see how much they've improved.  If Bortles can get time he will have success.

Carolina's biggest offensive strength is their run game & the Jags DL isn't at full strength.  It will be a long day for the defense if they can't stop the run.

I think it will be a low scoring game, field goals/special teams prob are the difference:   Jags - 13  Car - 10

Completely fair. 

Quote:Worried about Carolinas pass rush??

Our best pass rusher is KK Short. At the end of the year CJ and our two stud DTs were causing so much trouble that Ealy was getting all the pressure on the other side. Not to mention when the line is causing so many problems it allows our LBs to do their thing. The LB corps is really tough. Especially since the addition of Shaq. 

Panthers are going to have less wins this season

Newton and Olsen are top 5 starts in fantasy football week 1 according to NFL Network. Then again, they have Julius Thomas as the #6 TE to start..

Quote:Jags fans: The Panthers can't run the ball.

ZNation: Once the Panthers solidified their Oline (the same line that will start week 1 plus an upgrade at LT) and got J-Stew healthy they were the second best run team in the league. Plus their #2 and #3 RBs from last year have been replaced by young studs. The run game should be pretty good.

Jags fans: Well we might as well not even say anything because ZNation is going to say the Panthers are the best and he won't let us just make up things.

ZNation: [BAD WORD REMOVED]? What time does the middle school bus pick you kids up anyway?

Yo dude, what did you honestly expect when you came to post here? Some people have honest predictions for the game and others are somewhat ignorant. It's a message board. If you played the Bengals week 1, you would be getting the same responses. Some educated guesses on the game and some unrealistic guesses.

Is going to be a close game, that's all I know. Panthers and Jags are both banged up. I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.
Shock the world

Quote:Worried about Carolinas pass rush??

Kawaan Short. Really good, underrated football player. Blitzing linebackers will be a part of the pass rush. They are going to bring the heat. Our receivers have to make plays and we gotta call the screen pass at the right time throughout the game and get Denard Robinson on the run.
Shock the world