Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring on Carolina. The real season is finally upon us

Quote:Yo dude, what did you honestly expect when you came to post here? Some people have honest predictions for the game and others are somewhat ignorant. It's a message board. If you played the Bengals week 1, you would be getting the same responses. Some educated guesses on the game and some unrealistic guesses.

Is going to be a close game, that's all I know. Panthers and Jags are both banged up. I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.
I'm confused.  I don't know why he created an account just to tell us details about The Panthers.  They are a team I do not fear, and I think the Jaguars have more than a chance to beat them come week 1.  What was he expecting when he was posting to a Jags fan board?  Please...GO AWAY

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you really think the Panthers have a bad run D you are sure in for a surprise.

Our front 7 is the complete identity of this team. If you had to list our best strength it would be stopping the run. I mean....I don't even know what to say to this "analysis".
If Star Lotulei and Kawaan Short are still there and healthy, the run defense will be good. Obvious Kuechley too
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:  Please...GO AWAY

I understand it's a challenge for you to talk football outside of your homer opinions. No worries...

Quote: screen pass at the right time throughout the game and get Denard Robinson on the run.

I fear Denard. Seems like he's been a beast for you guys. 

Quote: Panthers and Jags are both banged up. I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

Both of these for sure. It's been a rough preseason for both of us. 

Quote:I fear Denard. Seems like he's been a beast for you guys. 
You fear DRob?  No one in the league fears him.  He's fast, and has been solid this past year, but he is not a number 1 RB.  That's why everyone on this board is hoping Yeldon emerges.  Right now, he's our best option.  Fear Bortles if you are going to fear anyone.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Jags have to get off to a fast start. If they can play with a lead for the first half they will probably win. Fall behind and it will be tough. I'm going to say Jags 24, Panthers 17.

The homer in me wants to see 45-10 Jags.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:You fear DRob?  No one in the league fears him.  He's fast, and has been solid this past year, but he is not a number 1 RB.  That's why everyone on this board is hoping Yeldon emerges.  Right now, he's our best option.  Fear Bortles if you are going to fear anyone.

Bortles has looked sharp in the preseason for sure. All due respect to him. Still need to see him do it against a D that's scheming for him. We play Matt Ryan and Drew Brees twice a year. it's going to take more than a QB to beat our D. 

Quote:I fear Denard. Seems like he's been a beast for you guys.

Well I wouldn't say beast, but definitely has the chance for a few big plays this season. He's improved.
Shock the world

Quote:You fear DRob? No one in the league fears him. He's fast, and has been solid this past year, but he is not a number 1 RB. That's why everyone on this board is hoping Yeldon emerges. Right now, he's our best option. Fear Bortles if you are going to fear anyone.

I like Yeldon, I feel like he will be a better all around back, kind of like a Matt Forte hopefully. However I do think Drob is the better pure runner right now.

Quote:If Star Lotulei and Kawaan Short are still there and healthy, the run defense will be good. Obvious Kuechley too

Maybe.  They definitely didn't have a great run defense last year and didn't do anything to make this area a sudden strength.  This year from what I understand they will be playing a couple of rookies in their secondary.  This may be a favorable match up for us in terms of how Blake is playing.  Assuming we can have some success running the ball (which I think is very possible), that will open up opportunities for Hurns, Robinson, and Harbor.  Newton is a tad over rated but he can be productive if he gets time and I'm assuming he'll get that against us.  I expect this to be something along the line of 27-24 Jaguars. 

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm so glad we have the other team's fans come by and give us an unbiased view of how great their teams are.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Maybe. They definitely didn't have a great run defense last year and didn't do anything to make this area a sudden strength. This year from what I understand they will be playing a couple of rookies in their secondary. This may be a favorable match up for us in terms of how Blake is playing. Assuming we can have some success running the ball (which I think is very possible), that will open up opportunities for Hurns, Robinson, and Harbor. Newton is a tad over rated but he can be productive if he gets time and I'm assuming he'll get that against us. I expect this to be something along the line of 27-24 Jaguars.

We don't have any rookies in our secondary.

Quote:I'm so glad we have the other team's fans come by and give us an unbiased view of how great their teams are.

We always welcome opposing teams fans. Here's a good thread to visit <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340'>http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340</a>

Quote:Yo dude, what did you honestly expect when you came to post here? Some people have honest predictions for the game and others are somewhat ignorant. It's a message board. If you played the Bengals week 1, you would be getting the same responses. Some educated guesses on the game and some unrealistic guesses.

Is going to be a close game, that's all I know. Panthers and Jags are both banged up. I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

Here Here. See you in the Superb Owl.

Quote:We always welcome opposing teams fans. Here's a good thread to visit <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340'>http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340</a>
Yeah, that"s a quality thread with plenty of fine football analysis. A whole bunch of mensa candidates there I tell ya. What a display of complete idiocy.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Here Here. See you in the Superb Owl.

Ok I take it back now. Bring it the f on!

JAGUARS 24 PANTHERS 17
Shock the world

Quote:It wouldn't surprise me if Bortles is the leading rusher on the team in the game or close to it. I don't expect big things from the backs, especially if they keep trying to make Yeldon work. Still think the stats will look respectable with Bortles rushing for 50 or so yards.

Yeldon a bust already? After 1 game? Come on now

Quote:Yeah, that"s a quality thread with plenty of fine football analysis. A whole bunch of mensa candidates there I tell ya. What a display of complete idiocy.
It's like a real life episode of South Park over there. That message board material would fully explain the crappy air quality issues in Charlotte. Stagnant hot air with a chance of sulfur!

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Maybe Telvin Smith will get an INT when Cam goes to throw to Greg Olson?

Chris Clemons gets a sack and a forced fumble on Cam, however Cam throws a deep pass on Aaron Colvin for a TD.

Sergio Brown makes him pay for trying a 2nd time with an INT.

The Jaguars Offense becomes hotter than it ever was since Brunnell and a combo of Corey Grant & TJ Yeldon with big runs, including a kick off return for a TD by Grant!

Blake Bortles and TE Clay Harbor connect for some interesting plays

Final Score

Jaguars win 27 to 7.
You gotta let go of that TD that Colvin gave up last week. He had as good a coverage as you can get, it wss just a perfect pass to a faster player. In an earlier post, you said you expect Newton to "exploit our secondary", which I strongly disagree with. Jericho Cotchery is not Golden Tate, and I'm pretty sure none of the other panther WRs are, either.

Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin are going to spend a lot of time covering Greg Olson I'm sure, and I see the Jags winning a hard fought defensive game. 17-13 Jags.