Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2 dead, including reporter and photographer, after gunman opens fire on TV crew in Virginia

New report says the gunman is in critical condition

BREAKING: Suspect in News Crew Murder Shoots Himself, Now in Critical Condition

http://www.youngcons.com/breaking-suspec...condition/

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How did this guy even get a job anyway? he looked insane, and had an extreme sense of entitlement. BTW, who uses a fake name on the air?

Alot of people do actually.

I guess workplace violence shouldn't really be shocking to me anymore, especially when there's a jilted lover involved, but this one stings as I have a number of college friends within the journalistic community. It's a sobering reminder that a journalist doesn't have to go to Iraq or Afghanistan to be putting their lives at risk.

Quote:BTW, who uses a fake name on the air?
It's not an uncommon practice. Lots of female reporters/anchors will use their first and middle name instead of their first and last to dodge stalkers. Even more female newscasters, including Donna Deegan/Hicken, will keep using their maiden names after getting married, sometimes for many years or until they change markets.

It's a little more unusual for a man to use a fake name, but if their given name is long, hard to pronounce or "not marketable", they might change part or all of it on the air.

Quote:The footage is pretty rough.
His video shows how deliberate this was.  He actually drew the gun, but the cameraman turned away to pan the location, so he waited until the camera was back on her before he opened fire. 

This is a guy who had a history of anger issues.  He was fired from this very station because of multiple incidents. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:His video shows how deliberate this was.  He actually drew the gun, but the cameraman turned away to pan the location, so he waited until the camera was back on her before he opened fire. 

This is a guy who had a history of anger issues.  He was fired from this very station because of multiple incidents. 
Yeah I saw that footage as well. He is vile garbage and I hope he lives to be able to sit in prison for the rest of his worthless life.

The shooter reportedly has died according to a headline on ABC News's website.

This guy was clearly all over the place.

Frome the article.

Quote: 

--He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work --He says he has been attacked by black men and white females --He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The shooter reportedly has died according to a headline on ABC News's website.

This guy was clearly all over the place.

Frome the article.
I thought I'd read in a different article that he was a former boyfriend of the deceased reporter. Were they referring to the cameraman, or just mistaken?

Quote:I thought I'd read in a different article that he was a former boyfriend of the deceased reporter. Were they referring to the cameraman, or just mistaken?
They were mistaken.  The shooter was gay.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I thought I'd read in a different article that he was a former boyfriend of the deceased reporter. Were they referring to the cameraman, or just mistaken?

The article that I linked above is from ABC News.  Allegedly he faxed them a manifesto/suicide note shortly after the crime that details why he did it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:They were mistaken.  The shooter was gay.
I'm wondering how the media is going to spin this story now.

Quote:I'm wondering how the media is going to spin this story now.

Well clearly Fox news will make this a war on straights by the gays. Duh... :-)

The rules change a bit when a journalist is involved, tbqh.

Here's an interesting comment I read on ABCNews's website:

"Dylan Roof shoots up a church of blacks.

<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(63,69,73);">Bryce Williams takes the law into his own hands in an attempt to kill supposed racists.

<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(63,69,73);">Why couldn't these two have saved everyone some grief and just shot each other?"

I don't think that you will see any "spin" from the media (as far as reporters, anchors, etc. goes).  There will probably be some that will question "how he got the gun" and "why he was allowed to own a gun".

I'm just going from memory here, but I believe that there was some part of the story that said that he purchased and/or ordered the gun shortly after the shootings in Charlotte, NC.

Now the opinion shows on news stations will probably bring this up.

Reasons for his "anger" (mental problem) include

1.  He was gay.

2.  He was black.

3.  He claims that he was "harassed".

It is also likely he had some sort of mental illness, like most of these shooters.

TV Station Where Vester Flanagan Worked was Forced to Clear Newsroom When Firing Him

Vester Flanagan, the man responsible for murdering a news crew in cold blood on live television apparently had a history of being an unsavory character, suing several past employers for alleged discrimination and being difficult to work with.

http://www.youngcons.com/tv-station-wher...iring-him/

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:TV Station Where Vester Flanagan Worked was Forced to Clear Newsroom When Firing Him

Vester Flanagan, the man responsible for murdering a news crew in cold blood on live television apparently had a history of being an unsavory character, suing several past employers for alleged discrimination and being difficult to work with.

http://www.youngcons.com/tv-station-wher...iring-him/

That's pretty misleading.  It's a blog of a blog at best.

Asking people to leave or not be around when someone is getting fired is not uncommon or out of the question.

Quote:Reasons for his "anger" (mental problem) include

1.  He was gay.

2.  He was black.

3.  He claims that he was "harassed".

4. He was bat-poop crazy.
ftfy

Terrible news but to be expected where people can get guns so easily

False flag.

rip.