Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More PC Madness

Quote:Yes, it's TJ's mind that needs checking...   Rolleyes

It's hard to tell by the picture but the arrows are actually pointing to a plate of scones, an assortment of herbal tea and a TV showing episodes of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

What did you think "hope your baby girl is ready for a good time"  meant you sickos???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If there wasn't a real problem with sexual assault and harassment on college campuses, there might be a joke somewhere in those banners.

Political correctness is a red herring, in this case. What's wrong with expecting a civilized society?

Yes, it is a joke. A bad joke. Why? Because it was not funny. Why? Because it was offensive, degrading and distasteful. Yes, they have every right to free speech. And the leader of that university has every right to call it what it is, disgusting. And he has every right to be outraged, and he probably has the right to demand the banners be removed. The only thing that he could have handled differently was possibly dealing with the matter with more discretion. But, who knows, he may have been getting an earful from benefactors.

It's ok to be a jerk, and it's ok to treat jerks like they deserve.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:If there wasn't a real problem with sexual assault and harassment on college campuses, there might be a joke somewhere in those banners.

This was the other thing I was thinking about, I'm glad you brought this up.  It's an institution of higher learning, we should not think that the Institution should ignore the implications of those banners to how young men view women.  

You do realize that there are women in this world too.  Believe it or not some of them, while wanting to get laid, do not wish to be objectified as only tools to get college men off.  Not to mention the problem with sexual assault and rape that can happen, the outright disrepect and objectification that this type of attitude, if considered acceptable, is not a good situation for young women to have to walk around in.  

I know it's hard, but put yourself in the young women's shoes that see this non-sense.  Or, if you can't do that, think about how your daughter, sister, or mother would feel walking around and seeing these types of banners.  

(I can't believe I actually have to explain this to people.  It's as though conservatives have lost their minds---Well, Trump is leading the polls in your party)

You guys certainly have an outdated view of women.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You guys certainly have an outdated view of women.

Ha ha!  I get it!  You're trolling!  

Old Dominion University fraternity suspended amid uproar over suggestive signs

The national office of the Sigma Nu fraternity suspended all activities at its Old Dominion University chapter Monday as it opened an investigation into three sexually suggestive banners that were hung from the front porch of the group's off-campus house over the weekend.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/25/uni...cmp=hplnws

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:Ha ha!  I get it!  You're trolling!  

Clearly

;

;

My version of free speech, if my daughter was attending the school, would be " hi guys...catch my daughter over here and you can expect your nads to be tied with fishing line till they turn blue and fall off. Gotta run. Your mom is waiting on me.

Have a great day."
Blakes Life Matters

So people are shocked when dumb frat boys make off-color jokes about wanting to bang young women? None of the signs implied rape. Just that dumb young guys want to get with young girls.

I'm pretty far away from the pc angle of it all, but those signs are pretty bad.  Do have the guts to put those up knowing how many people could see them shows you don't care.

Then to lie and say that people in the fraternity had nothing to do with it. lol

Quote:So people are shocked when dumb frat boys make off-color jokes about wanting to bang young women? None of the signs implied rape. Just that dumb young guys want to get with young girls.

Nobody has expressed shock. I, for one, am not surprised.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:So people are shocked when dumb frat boys make off-color jokes about wanting to bang young women? None of the signs implied rape. Just that dumb young guys want to get with young girls.

That's pretty much it.  If people driving by a college fraternity house and see something like that get "offended" or "traumatized" I would suggest that it is those people driving by that have the real problem.

These are kids that are coming of age here.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:My version of free speech, if my daughter was attending the school, would be " hi guys...catch my daughter over here and you can expect your nads to be tied with fishing line till they turn blue and fall off. Gotta run. Your mom is waiting on me.

Have a great day."

If your daughter ends up there, whose fault is it?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:If your daughter ends up there, whose fault is it?
Victim blaming? You're better than that.

Quote:Victim blaming? You're better than that.

How is that "victim blaming"?

Quote:How is that "victim blaming"?
It's a young lady's fault for being raped because she walked into the house in the first place?

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2015, 04:09 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:If your daughter ends up there, whose fault is it?
Depends how she got there. Then as I said with my previous statement , these young studs better have taken heed and not admit her. She would get a boot in the [BLEEP] for sure, but in the age of roofies, alcohol, etc her presence may be voluntary...her laying spread eagle may not. And if the young stud muffin doesn't have the class to think with the head thats on his shoulders, then he may run into a guy that doesn't either when it comes to penis removal.

What goes around. After all it's a learning institution. And he'll get learned a'ight.

As a father, or mother, preaches to their daughters about this stuff, I think good parents preach the same to their sons. Just plain ol respect. Don't give it? Don't expect to get it.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:It's a young lady's fault for being raped because she walked into the house in the first place?
She would be the victim in this situation, the victim was blamed. Does not compute. 

All it shows is the immaturity of those frat boys. They will make stupid mistakes upon their road to adulthood.

Regards......................the Chiefjag