Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More PC Madness

Quote:It's a young lady's fault for being raped because she walked into the house in the first place?

Who said anything about rape?  What if she happens to want to "hook up" with one of the frat boys that lives there?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who said anything about rape?  What if she happens to want to "hook up" with one of the frat boys that lives there?
Ok, I'll give you that. I assumed based upon where the conversation was headed that you were talking about rape, not consensual sex. I'll put it this way: if a girl walks into a frat house and is raped, who's at fault?

That said, based upon some of the stories I remember from college, I'm not sure that "consensual" is a word I'd use to describe most sex in a frat house.

Quote:Depends how she got there. Then as I said with my previous statement , these young studs better have taken heed and not admit her. She would get a boot in the [BLEEP] for sure, but in the age of roofies, alcohol, etc her presence may be voluntary...her laying spread eagle may not. And if the young stud muffin doesn't have the class to think with the head thats on his shoulders, then he may run into a guy that doesn't either when it comes to penis removal.

What goes around. After all it's a learning institution. And he'll get learned a'ight.

As a father, or mother, preaches to their daughters about this stuff, I think good parents preach the same to their sons. Just plain ol respect. Don't give it? Don't expect to get it.

Then again, it all may be voluntary.

Nothing is implied with regards to rape on those signs.  All that is implied is that there is a group of young "men" that live there that clearly have their hormones going in high gear.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:All it shows is the immaturity of those frat boys. They will make stupid mistakes upon their road to adulthood.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Pretty much.  By the same token, the immature young girls who might visit said frat house will also make stupid mistakes upon the road to adulthood.

Quote:Nothing is implied with regards to rape on those signs.  All that is implied is that there is a group of young "men" that live there that clearly have their hormones going in high gear.
Please go back and take a look at this point, specifically the articles within it:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=522755

Regardless of what the frat was intending, can you at least see based upon the content of those articles why a rational person could conceivably associate their signs with rape, and if a rational person could associate their signs with rape, is it completely wrong for the college president (btw, freedom of speech technically does not exist on college campuses) to take issue with and action upon them?

Quote:Ok, I'll give you that. I assumed based upon where the conversation was headed that you were talking about rape, not consensual sex. I'll put it this way: if a girl walks into a frat house and is raped, who's at fault?

That said, based upon some of the stories I remember from college, I'm not sure that "consensual" is a word I'd use to describe most sex in a frat house.

The obvious answer would be the attacker.

My question to you is, how is rape implied by their JOKE?

Based upon my non-knowledge of frat houses, I can't argue your second point, but I would think that most sex that takes place is probably consensual.  Are there cases where it is not?  I'm sure there probably is.  If this is supposedly "common knowledge" among college students, would a female who willingly and purposely put herself in that kind of situation not have some blame?

Quote:If this is supposedly "common knowledge" among college students, would a female who willingly and purposely put herself in that kind of situation not have some blame?
No, because that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. I won't throw a meme at you, but yeah. That's not how it works. A person who walks into a frat house should reasonably be able to do so without expecting to be roofied and/or raped. The attacker bears 100% of the blame 100% of the time.

The smart girls would put up their own sign stating stay away from the losers at that Frat house, due to possible STDs. Let them stick their hands into their beer kegs to get their real dates drunk.

In fact that's how they were born when their moms frequented Frat joints similar in nature.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Based upon my non-knowledge of frat houses, I can't argue your second point, but I would think that most sex that takes place is probably consensual.  Are there cases where it is not?  I'm sure there probably is.  If this is supposedly "common knowledge" among college students, would a female who willingly and purposely put herself in that kind of situation not have some blame?

Wow.

Just wow.  This is equal to "She shouldn't have worn this dress if she didn't want to get raped"    

No, she shouldn't have any of the blame, and anyone suggesting otherwise is a complete [BAD WORD REMOVED].  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:No, because that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. I won't throw a meme at you, but yeah. That's not how it works. A person who walks into a frat house should reasonably be able to do so without expecting to be roofied and/or raped. The attacker bears 100% of the blame 100% of the time.

Throw a meme if you want, it doesn't bother me in the least bit, and I find some of them mildly amusing.

However, to get back to your point, I do understand what you are saying, but think about it for a bit.  Looking at the first few links that you provided, female students are warned regarding the reputation of certain frat houses.  So why do they go there?  In my mind, if a female student is warned that a certain frat house is known to spike drinks and date-rape occurs, then if she goes there and partakes she is just as guilty of stupidity.

Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning in any way the actions of some fraternity members, that kind of action is certainly despicable.  What I am saying though, is if a "woman" is going to intentionally put herself in that kind of position, then perhaps she deserves part of the blame.

Quote:Wow.

Just wow.  This is equal to "She shouldn't have worn this dress if she didn't want to get raped"    

No, she shouldn't have any of the blame, and anyone suggesting otherwise is a complete [BAD WORD REMOVED].  

I disagree.  It is not equal to the choice of clothing.

If a woman is told that a certain place is known for using a date-rape drug in their "punch bowl" at their parties, and the "woman" goes to said party and drinks punch, she certainly does have some blame in the action.

I don't condone in any way said action, but common sense applies to both men and women.

Quote:I disagree.  It is not equal to the choice of clothing.

If a woman is told that a certain place is known for using a date-rape drug in their "punch bowl" at their parties, and the "woman" goes to said party and drinks punch, she certainly does have some blame in the action.

I don't condone in any way said action, but common sense applies to both men and women.
If non white people are told that a certain place is known for "stop and frisk" of non whites or that non whites are stopped and asked for legal ID soley because of how they look and they still live in or move to those places than they certainly have some of the blame for the discriminatory actions they endure.

:no:

Quote:If non white people are told that a certain place is known for "stop and frisk" of non whites or that non whites are stopped and asked for legal ID soley because of how they look and they still live in or move to those places than they certainly have some of the blame for the discriminatory actions they endure.

If a white cop goes into an area where gangsters are known to be cop killers, then the cops that got killed are partly to blame for going into that area.

Quote:If non white people are told that a certain place is known for "stop and frisk" of non whites or that non whites are stopped and asked for legal ID soley because of how they look and they still live in or move to those places than they certainly have some of the blame for the discriminatory actions they endure.

Come on boudreaumw, you gotta have something better than that.

Here's something to think about... why not address and solve the problem rather than deal with the outcome?

Quote:If a white cop goes into an area where gangsters are known to be cop killers, then the cops that got killed are partly to blame for going into that area.

That's not the same thing.

What is the real problem?

Quote:Come on boudreaumw, you gotta have something better than that.

Here's something to think about... why not address and solve the problem rather than deal with the outcome?
I think my analogy is just fine and applicable to the discussion at hand. Something very wrong is known to occur. The people that are targeted by the wrongness are made aware of it. If they chose to put themselves in the wrongness then they are partly to blame. That is what you said about the girls that go to the frat houses.

What do you mean by address and solve the problem rather than deal with the outcome?

Quote:That's not the same thing.

What is the real problem?

Sure it is.  The cops are going into an area knowing theres a chance that they get shot.  Cops have common sense too.

Quote:I think my analogy is just fine and applicable to the discussion at hand. Something very wrong is known to occur. The people that are targeted by the wrongness are made aware of it. If they chose to put themselves in the wrongness then they are partly to blame. That is what you said about the girls that go to the frat houses.

What do you mean by address and solve the problem rather than deal with the outcome?

Deal with the KNOWN "date-rape" frat houses and eliminate the problem.  What makes them this way?  Is it tradition handed down from upper class-men?  How do they accept members?  How do you stop the culture of using "date-rape drugs"?

My point is to go after the problem rather than deal with the results of said problem.

Quote:Sure it is.  The cops are going into an area knowing theres a chance that they get shot.  Cops have common sense too.

Not really.  The cops in question may not have a choice.  The girls ("women") that go to these frat parties do.

Quote:Deal with the KNOWN "date-rape" frat houses and eliminate the problem.  What makes them this way?  Is it tradition handed down from upper class-men?  How do they accept members?  How do you stop the culture of using "date-rape drugs"?

My point is to go after the problem rather than deal with the results of said problem.
Why do men rape women? How do we stop them from doing it? It's awful but how do stop people from doing things like that? I think with frats its about the power and the superior mentality. At least that's the impression I get from friends that were in frats. 

So should the university do nothing to this frat for being in poor taste and inflammatory to a serious issue (at best) or should they  ignore it and instead focus on stopping people from raping. You point is hard to figure out here.