Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Albert OT

Quote: 

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports "there's optimism" the Jaguars will be able to acquire LT Branden Albert.

Trades can't be announced until the start of the new league year, March 9. But teams can obviously talk between now and then and agree to compensation and the parameters of a deal. Per Garafolo, Jacksonville is the "primary destination" for Albert

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The major thing with Beachum was the guaranteed money he would've been owed  at18mil which could affect their pursuit of quality OG's in a bidding war. No one should give up that amount of money just because you have to someone who you don't know how healthy he'll be. Which is why they declined and if still interested, will work on a better deal. Can't overlook the fact that the new head coach was his personal coach as well, so he'll know him better than anyone

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM by Bullseye.)

For those of you who scoff at the idea of trading for Albert, what more viable alternative do you have at LT?

Clady?

A one year deal for Whitworth, who is even older than Albert?

Beachum?

Joeckel?

A rookie in a weak draft for tackles?

I mean, my ideal would be Glenn, but the likelihood of that happening is slim.  Barring that or something similar, the preference would be to wait for Albert to get cut.  But in such a weak tackle class, I would submit the best case would be to secure the LT position as quickly as possible, because the last thing you want to do is go into this draft without Beachum, Joeckel or any viable experienced LT.

I submit trading for Albert-if the cost is not prohibitive-might be the way to secure a viable short term answer at LT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

One thing, Albert is a much better run blocker than Beachum.

Quote:Maybe it's because when healthy Albert and Beachum were at the same level, but when healthy Romo is far better than Bortles.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Quote:One thing, Albert is a much better run blocker than Beachum.

Yea I agree with this, Miamis run game wasn't nearly as productive when Albert was sidelined last year. If he returns to peak form I don't mind the trade, it's clear this regime didn't view Beachum as the long term option at LT, so a stopgap like Albert makes some sense.

Abert has helped pave the way for Jamal Charles great years, Lamar Miller good year in 2015, and Ajayi outstanding year last year.  No comparison in Albert and Beachum when it comes to run blocking and he is just as good or better in pass blocking imo.

Quote:Winner winner chicken dinner.

Albert - Pro Bowl 2015

Beachum - Pro Bowl...um...never

But you were just happy to have somebody agree with you since you really don't have a clue.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Albert - Pro Bowl 2015

Beachum - Pro Bowl...um...never

But you were just happy to have somebody agree with you since you really don't have a clue.
the pro bowl literally means nothing

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 02:17 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:the pro bowl literally means nothing

Really?  So you're saying the fans flocked to vote for an offensive lineman?  Seriously, an offensive lineman?  From Miami no less?  LOL

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Please dont tell me you guys are actually convincing yourselves this is a good idea.

The only thing Albert has on the field over beachum is run blocking

Albert is 32, hasnt played a full season in 9 years, and is regularly not healthy.

You want a 32 year old fragile tackle who is barely better than the young healthy one we already have because of a slight improvement in run blocking?

Quote:Please dont tell me you guys are actually convincing yourselves this is a good idea.

The only thing Albert has on the field over beachum is run blocking

Albert is 32, hasnt played a full season in 9 years, and is regularly not healthy.

You want a 32 year old fragile tackle who is barely better than the young healthy one we already have because of a slight improvement in run blocking?

I'll defer to the guys who are watching tape

Quote:Fixed

Apparently 'years of declining play' = 1 year.  Pro Bowl in 2015.

You put a lot of effort into dissing Bortles for someone that had him as the second best QB in his draft, LOL
Beachum was a pro bowl caliber player when he tore his ACL tear. If healthy they were both good. Now do you expect a 27 year old to rebound to prior form 2 years removed from ACL surgery, or the 32 year old with a laundry list of injuries? Keep in mind that the 27 year old is somehow cheaper.

Quote:The phins are apparently parting ways with him.

I remember him being touted as very good back in 2014.  Anyone know if he's still playing well? 

Tunsil is taking his spot so they are cutting him to save money on his $47mil contract. 

NFL.com ^
Wasn't he more of a mauler anyway? I would be okay with signing and then having him flip over to RT

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

HandsomeRob,

I thought about this, too...but then again, what do you do at LT?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:HandsomeRob,

Find a way to keep Beachum
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Find a way to keep Beachum

Or a stop gap like Andrew Whitworth

I think Beechum will be alright there. Him and Joekcyl can fight it out. Having a guy who could actually make us able to run would be a big deal. I am in no way advocating trading picks for Albert, but if they want Julius Thomas. By all means, have him. Otherwise just wait for the cut. Besides tackles tend to play longer than other positions. Good chance he would last 4 years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Or a stop gap like Andrew Whitworth
Hey if we sign enough good players that are old/injury, we ought to be able to field a decent line most of the time.

At this point, it sounds like we cross our hands and pray that the more expensive way older guy with a lot of injuries somehow rebounds better than the cheaper young guy with less injuries.