Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oops Hillary did it again, Clintons are liars

Quote:By "he" are you referring to me? :woot:

It's my phone! I meant to type she, as in Hillary. Haha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's my phone! I meant to type she, as in Hillary. Haha
Good excuse!   :thumbsup:  :yes:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The way that this is looking to me, Hillary is in full damage control mode right now, not only for political reasons, but for legal reasons.  There has been some "chatter" on some blogs that the server handed over had been "professionally wiped".  I'm not going to link any of it until something more "official" comes out, but if that's the case it could be cause to bring charges up.

Something to think about, and I'm only going from memory so I could be off.

It seems to me that she first said that "there was nothing classified" in her emails.

Then I seem to recall statements such as "there was nothing marked classified" in any emails.  However, the little bit that we know regarding the content of some of the emails suggests to me that they came from sources within the intelligence community that would certainly mark material that has any potential to be classified as such.  People that work in jobs like that simply don't make "mistakes" like that.

Then she said something along the lines that nothing in the emails was "classified at the time".

My personal suspicion is that she knowingly exchanged classified information on her email server.  I suspect that she is setting up people to be the "fall guy" so to speak, and try to deflect her guilt to some "staffer" or other person.  If it's true that the servers were "professionally wiped", then it's clearly an obstruction of an investigation.
No fan of Hillary here however the intelligence community does have a history of reclassifying documents after the fact.  This coming from a personal friend that worked for Homeland Security.  My friend also pointed out in the same sentence that the evidence is not in Hillary's favor.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I think that with Hillary facing possible criminal charges, she's pretty much done politically.
Never underestimate the survivability of a Clinton.

I am speaking as a non-Republican, so this is not some knee-jerk, Rush Limbaugh led opinion. 

There is an arrogance about the Clintons that is very irritating.  They never tell the whole truth.   They entangle themselves in technical denials.  

"It depends on what the word "is" means." 

"It depends on what you call "sex."  

"I never sent any emails that were classified at the time I sent them."

"None of what I did was illegal."

And then there's the odious way they chased money after Bill left office.   For what reason would anyone pay a $500,000 speaking fee?  

And then there's the Clinton Foundation.   Foreign governments contributing.  While Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State.   

And the private email server. 

So you have Bill traveling around giving speeches for half a million bucks a pop, collecting millions  of dollars for the foundation, while Mrs Clinton  is using a private email server for all her communications.  

A suspicious person would think something really smells bad.  

As another reformed republic, I understand and agree with Marty

Quote:I saw the report on Fox. Let me know when something is actually decided. This thing has been going on forever and I'm sure it will be strung out for even longer.

I'll never vote for Hillary, but I'm always hesitant to invest too much energy on a Fox story about her. They want so badly to get her on something - it's painfully obvious. I respect Brett Baier, but they invest as much in trying to nail Clinton as the other networks do in trying to avoid the story.

Somewhere in the middle is probably the truth.
It's gone on forever because she's refused to turn over her side of the story. For obvious reasons.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2015, 02:39 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

As former military with a TS clearance I am unsure how Hilary is even allowed outside of a detention center at this point. I primarily dealt with secret, but god help you if you didn't follow the rules of safeguarding classified documents to a T. People faced extreme military punishment for so much as leaving a secret document without a proper cover. The fact she had TS documentation on unauthorized hardware, outside of an authorized zone, sitting on an unauthorized network is unbelievable to me. She should be in jail facing a charge of treason.

Quote:As former military with a TS clearance I am unsure how Hilary is even allowed outside of a detention center at this point. I primarily dealt with secret, but god help you if you didn't follow the rules of safeguarding classified documents to a T. People faced extreme military punishment for so much as leaving a secret document without a proper cover. The fact she had TS documentation on unauthorized hardware, outside of an authorized zone, sitting on an unauthorized network is unbelievable to me. She should be in jail facing a charge of treason.

Agreed.  We were just having this discussion today at work.  If it was anyone else or an "enemy" of the current administration, there would have been an indictment by now and it would be constant front page news.  It's only getting worse.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Agreed.  We were just having this discussion today at work.  If it was anyone else or an "enemy" of the current administration, there would have been an indictment by now and it would be constant front page news.  It's only getting worse.
This will be scapegoated onto an underling is my guess. The privilege the 1% enjoys, knows no limits. 

I'm not fan of Hillary... but...

Whenever the right wing begins to foam at the mouth, I tend to begin to get wary...

See the irs and bengazi...

Quote:I'm not fan of Hillary... but...

Whenever the right wing begins to foam at the mouth, I tend to begin to get wary...

See the irs and bengazi...

Believe it or not, my disgust for this situation goes beyond politics.  Anyone and EVERYONE that deals with classified information is trained and knows better than to put said information at risk.  It's not just her boneheaded move of using a personal server/email account to conduct official business, but it appears that there is some cover-up activity going on.

Again, what if this activity was done by say Donald Rumsfeld or Robert Gates?  This would be all over the news 24/7 with calls for the Justice Department to take action.

Quote:Believe it or not, my disgust for this situation goes beyond politics.  Anyone and EVERYONE that deals with classified information is trained and knows better than to put said information at risk.  It's not just her boneheaded move of using a personal server/email account to conduct official business, but it appears that there is some cover-up activity going on.

Again, what if this activity was done by say Donald Rumsfeld or Robert Gates?  This would be all over the news 24/7 with calls for the Justice Department to take action.
While I don't think anything was done to be intentionally sneaky or clandestine or whatever, at best it was stupid. I'm not so sure I'd call this treason to chagrin of those foaming at the mouth. I also don't think Snowden is a traitor so take that as you will. 

The emails are a side show, Bengazi is a side show, the main event is the money.   Follow the money.   The $500,000 speaking fees, the millions in contributions to the Clinton Foundation, the way the Clintons went from "dead broke" (in HRC's own words) to filthy rich during the last decade.  Follow the money- who contributed, and who had business before the State Department at the time they contributed.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cas...mpany.html

Quote: 

<p class="">The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

<p class="">The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

<p class="">But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

<p class=""> 

<p class="">As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

<p class="">And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

<p class=""> 

<p class="">End Quote

<p class=""> 

<p class="">This isn't Fox News reporting this, it's the NEW YORK TIMES.

Quote:While I don't think anything was done to be intentionally sneaky or clandestine or whatever, at best it was stupid. I'm not so sure I'd call this treason to chagrin of those foaming at the mouth. I also don't think Snowden is a traitor so take that as you will. 

I tend to look at it this way.  If anyone in the building that I work in did something like this, not only would they be fired on the spot, but there would be an immediate investigation into the incident.  Any effort to stall, delay or possibly cover up the activity would result in the person being detained and brought up on charges.  It wouldn't matter if it was a civilian, enlisted or even the highest ranking officer.

By the way, at risk of getting off topic, I have mixed feelings about what Snowden did.  I do think some of what he released and revealed certainly needed to be known, but at the same time he violated the law and should face the consequences of his actions.

Quote:I tend to look at it this way.  If anyone in the building that I work in did something like this, not only would they be fired on the spot, but there would be an immediate investigation into the incident.  Any effort to stall, delay or possibly cover up the activity would result in the person being detained and brought up on charges.  It wouldn't matter if it was a civilian, enlisted or even the highest ranking officer.

By the way, at risk of getting off topic, I have mixed feelings about what Snowden did.  I do think some of what he released and revealed certainly needed to be known, but at the same time he violated the law and should face the consequences of his actions.
Don't get me wrong, I don't support her or what she did and did not well before the various "scandals". The one thing I do take question with is people calling for her to be brought up on treason. 

I did not intend to get this sidetracked with Snowden, just used it as way to try and better portray where I was coming from. 

Quote:The emails are a side show, Bengazi is a side show, the main event is the money. Follow the money. The $500,000 speaking fees, the millions in contributions to the Clinton Foundation, the way the Clintons went from "dead broke" (in HRC's own words) to filthy rich during the last decade. Follow the money- who contributed, and who had business before the State Department at the time they contributed.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html</a>

Quote:

The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

End Quote

This isn't Fox News reporting this, it's the NEW YORK TIMES.

Well, you know, fee speech and all. (Banging head on desk)

Quote:Don't get me wrong, I don't support her or what she did and did not well before the various "scandals". The one thing I do take question with is people calling for her to be brought up on treason. 

I did not intend to get this sidetracked with Snowden, just used it as way to try and better portray where I was coming from. 

Treason isn't the appropriate charge.  After all, she did not intentionally give classified information (directly) to anyone.  However, she clearly (it appears at this point) mis-handled classified information and it appears that she did impede an investigation regarding a possible breach of security.  It also looks like there is a "cover up" regarding this.

Again I ask, what if this activity was done by Donald Rumsfeld or Robert Gates, both Secretaries of State under President Bush?  Do you think that it would be a "non-issue"?  Would it be just "democrats foaming at the mouth" calling for an investigation and possible charges?  What would the media do?

Quote:Treason isn't the appropriate charge.  After all, she did not intentionally give classified information (directly) to anyone.  However, she clearly (it appears at this point) mis-handled classified information and it appears that she did impede an investigation regarding a possible breach of security.  It also looks like there is a "cover up" regarding this.

Again I ask, what if this activity was done by Donald Rumsfeld or Robert Gates, both Secretaries of State under President Bush?  Do you think that it would be a "non-issue"?  Would it be just "democrats foaming at the mouth" calling for an investigation and possible charges?  What would the media do?
I don't think people are ignoring this though outside of right wing news (I presume) they are not claiming it's criminal while the investigation is still ongoing.

Aren't there a couple of GOP candidates with their own email issues? How's the media treating that?

Regardless it's all a matter of perspective combined with political affiliation. While the non right wing media was blasting Bush, the right wing media was calling anyone who didn't support the Prez unamerican. Interestingly enough they no longer have that stance. What's the point? That the various media sources are politically biased so of course right wing media approaches this more fervently just like left wing media treats right wingers more fervently. They both protect their own. You are smart and I am sure quite aware of this. I am honestly not even sure why you are asking question. I assume you already know the answer. 

Quote:I don't think people are ignoring this though outside of right wing news (I presume) they are not claiming it's criminal while the investigation is still ongoing.

Aren't there a couple of GOP candidates with their own email issues? How's the media treating that?

Regardless it's all a matter of perspective combined with political affiliation. While the non right wing media was blasting Bush, the right wing media was calling anyone who didn't support the Prez unamerican. Interestingly enough they no longer have that stance. What's the point? That the various media sources are politically biased so of course right wing media approaches this more fervently just like left wing media treats right wingers more fervently. They both protect their own. You are smart and I am sure quite aware of this. I am honestly not even sure why you are asking question. I assume you already know the answer. 

Come on boudreaumw, you need to do better than that.  Can you link a single story on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. regarding the latest developments?  Believe it or not, I scan those news outlets daily as part of my news reading in addition to FOX.  Most people are ignoring the situation and writing it off as a "non-issue" or just a "right wing witch hunt".

Even getting away from "traditional" news sources, what are the blogs such as the Huffington Post reporting about it?

The bottom line is, people are in fact ignoring it.

Regarding GOP candidates with email issues, that's certainly new to me.  Can you post a link for that?