Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oops Hillary did it again, Clintons are liars

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2015, 06:37 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:Come on boudreaumw, you need to do better than that.  Can you link a single story on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. regarding the latest developments?  Believe it or not, I scan those news outlets daily as part of my news reading in addition to FOX.  Most people are ignoring the situation and writing it off as a "non-issue" or just a "right wing witch hunt".

Even getting away from "traditional" news sources, what are the blogs such as the Huffington Post reporting about it?

The bottom line is, people are in fact ignoring it.

Regarding GOP candidates with email issues, that's certainly new to me.  Can you post a link for that?
I am not saying it's right but y.ou are going to try to deny right media doing the exact same thing? Why pretend it's just left wing media. It's ok to call it what it is. Biased newscasting across the board where their own is a protected class. 

One hour ago:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/17/politics/h...index.html

Other email stuffs:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...versy.html

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/...re-serious

Quick searches. Blast the sources if you like. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I am not saying it's right but y.ou are going to try to deny right media doing the exact same thing? Why pretend it's just left wing media. It's ok to call it what it is. Biased newscasting across the board where their own is a protected class. 

One hour ago:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/17/politics/h...index.html

Other email stuffs:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...versy.html

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/...re-serious

Quick searches. Blast the sources if you like. 

Don't you find it odd that if these were "real" stories they would be all over the front page of every major news outlet?  I'm not knocking the result of your google search, but both of those stories are from March.  Could it be that it was "damage control" by the MSM for Hillary?  Deflection and redirection.

Now I did find that CNN finally posted a story about it on their front page.  It's not headline news, but it did finally show up on the front page of their website.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

LOL, I hate to be the dummy with the tinfoil hat in this conversation between you two guys...  But honestly, the more the right wing says this is an issue, the more I think it's not...

Color be jaded by a right wing media that has cried wolf for 6 years now, I've grown weary of buying anything they are selling...

Yeah, Hillary stinks...  I too find her annoying.  But man, it's emails...  The more I think about it, the more I bet this issue is not as big as the right wing is making it.  Sorry, that's just me.  

And to be honest, I'm not following it as much as I guess I should.  But again, the right wing is getting frothy, it means there are squeezing to hard on something that isn't that huge...  

Sorry, flame away at me.  I've just gotten really cynical about Fox news and the like.  OK, carry on.  Again, I'm probably not well informed as you two are. I'm justing giving you the lay person's feeling on this.

I think I'm pretty moderate in terms of my thoughts on Hillary...  And I think my reaction to this story is in line with how most people feel.  They think, Ugh, Hillary being that crafty untrusty politician...  But I'm not worried that this has created a national security threat to the existence of the USA or even anything close to that...

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2015, 11:34 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:LOL, I hate to be the dummy with the tinfoil hat in this conversation between you two guys...  But honestly, the more the right wing says this is an issue, the more I think it's not...

Color be jaded by a right wing media that has cried wolf for 6 years now, I've grown weary of buying anything they are selling...

Yeah, Hillary stinks...  I too find her annoying.  But man, it's emails...  The more I think about it, the more I bet this issue is not as big as the right wing is making it.  Sorry, that's just me.  

And to be honest, I'm not following it as much as I guess I should.  But again, the right wing is getting frothy, it means there are squeezing to hard on something that isn't that huge...  

Sorry, flame away at me.  I've just gotten really cynical about Fox news and the like.  OK, carry on.  Again, I'm probably not well informed as you two are. I'm justing giving you the lay person's feeling on this.

I think I'm pretty moderate in terms of my thoughts on Hillary...  And I think my reaction to this story is in line with how most people feel.  They think, Ugh, Hillary being that crafty untrusty politician...  But I'm not worried that this has created a national security threat to the existence of the USA or even anything close to that...

Believe Clinton or not, but she keeps going out there and doubles down on her statements that she didn't receive or forward classified info.

I don't know if this will be another Clinton Situation that bogs down over definitions and labels, etc., and perhaps I've not followed along closely enough, but when one side or the other gets so lathered up it just seems that they are hoping more than thinking.

What bothers me is that the Republicans seem so afraid of Clinton - like we've got to get her on this or we'll lose the election. What's wrong with selecting a good candidate and beating her with the best platform of ideas? It's frustrating that the GOP (and many posters on here) seems so insecure.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Believe Clinton or not, but she keeps going out there and doubles down on her statements that she didn't receive or forward classified info.

I don't know if this will be another Clinton Situation that bogs down over definitions and labels, etc., and perhaps I've not followed along closely enough, but when one side or the other gets so lathered up it just seems that they are hoping more than thinking.

What bothers me is that the Republicans seem so afraid of Clinton - like we've got to get her on this or we'll lose the election. What's wrong with selecting a good candidate and beating her with the best platform of ideas? It's frustrating that the GOP (and many posters on here) seems so insecure.

This might finally be the one that has legs out of all the conspiracies tossed out about the dems since Obama was elected.

It's the game they have been playing. I'm not sure why though. She's not unbeatable and enough people already don't like her on policy that a solid GOP candidate could contend strongly even should she win the nomination.

If I was being investigated by the FBI, I am pretty sure I wouldn't make jokes about it in public.

Hilary is crazy.

Quote:LOL, I hate to be the dummy with the tinfoil hat in this conversation between you two guys...  But honestly, the more the right wing says this is an issue, the more I think it's not...

As I stated in an earlier post.  For me this goes beyond politics.  From personal experience I've seen people not only lose their jobs for mis-handling classified material, but I've also seen people go to jail because of it.  Just think about it.  The Secretary of State mishandles classified material.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:As I stated in an earlier post.  For me this goes beyond politics.  From personal experience I've seen people not only lose their jobs for mis-handling classified material, but I've also seen people go to jail because of it.  Just think about it.  The Secretary of State mishandles classified material.

But she's one of the ruling elite, so she's not subject to the laws we peons are.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:As I stated in an earlier post. For me this goes beyond politics. From personal experience I've seen people not only lose their jobs for mis-handling classified material, but I've also seen people go to jail because of it. Just think about it. The Secretary of State mishandles classified material.

No, I think you make a valid point. I'm just waiting for an actual smoking gun, if you will.

We right now have a lot of unsubstantiated reports. I've seen this type of thing played out before, so I'm just taking the talking head lynching with a grain of salt.

If it's verified that Hillary is mishandling actual classified reports, I'll be right there with you... my pitchfork is already sharpened.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2015, 10:17 AM by jj82284.)

depending on the route that they choose to take in prosecution, the fact that she was using a home server for email purposes is in and of itself a violation of federal law for negligence regarding potentially sensitive material.  The wiping of the server which she used for work e-mail in and of itself is a violation of records keeping laws required for public officials.  Its not just about classified documents (although two IG's have already highlighted that the material they have refereed in the two TS emails was on its face based on codewords etc. highly classified information).  If she used the server for any purpose relating to her duties as secretary of state and had it wiped period that is a major violation of federal law that would bar her from ever holding public office.  

And we haven't even gotten to the negative inference that can be drawn from deleting e-mails when your husband is receiving millions of dollars in speaking fees and your foundation is receiving tens of millions of dollars in donations from companies and foreign entities that received favorable treatment from your state department.

Davidn Patraeus left his calendar at his desk  and he was convicted of a crime and his life was destroyed.  That's peanuts compared to having all the people's business routed through a server in some kids bathroom (I wish to whatever politically correct deity you wish to believe in that i was making that last part up.)

Quote:But she's one of the ruling elite, so she's not subject to the laws we peons are.
Yup  :thumbsup:

Quote:depending on the route that they choose to take in prosecution, the fact that she was using a home server for email purposes is in and of itself a violation of federal law for negligence regarding potentially sensitive material.  The wiping of the server which she used for work e-mail in and of itself is a violation of records keeping laws required for public officials.  Its not just about classified documents (although two IG's have already highlighted that the material they have refereed in the two TS emails was on its face based on codewords etc. highly classified information).  If she used the server for any purpose relating to her duties as secretary of state and had it wiped period that is a major violation of federal law that would bar her from ever holding public office.  

And we haven't even gotten to the negative inference that can be drawn from deleting e-mails when your husband is receiving millions of dollars in speaking fees and your foundation is receiving tens of millions of dollars in donations from companies and foreign entities that received favorable treatment from your state department.

Davidn Patraeus left his calendar at his desk  and he was convicted of a crime and his life was destroyed.  That's peanuts compared to having all the people's business routed through a server in some kids bathroom (I wish to whatever politically correct deity you wish to believe in that i was making that last part up.)

Bingo.   :thumbsup:

You mean like with a cloth?

Ugh her smug attitude about it just makes it worse for me.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

She really is annoying at times...

On a side note, the Bernie revolution will not be televised. Bernie is getting huge turnout at his rallies, has be receiving the highest amount of donations from small grass roots donors, is leading in New Hampshire, and even the so called left wing msnbc won't cover him...

Quote:Agreed.  We were just having this discussion today at work.  If it was anyone else or an "enemy" of the current administration, there would have been an indictment by now and it would be constant front page news.  It's only getting worse.
If one were to believe what they read, the Clintons and Obamas aren't exactly chummy. My guess is that the Obama family would absolutely love to see Hillary Clinton tarred and feathered, but there are other influences within the party that see her as their best chance of holding on to the White House and are working hard to bury this.

Quote:She really is annoying at times...

On a side note, the Bernie revolution will not be televised. Bernie is getting huge turnout at his rallies, has be receiving the highest amount of donations from small grass roots donors, is leading in New Hampshire, and even the so called left wing msnbc won't cover him...
That's because MSNBC (and the rest of the left-wing component of the media, for that matter) doesn't see him as having any real chance to win the general election, so they'd rather he go unnoticed and allow Hillary not to break step on her way to the White House. If Clinton drops out of the race (or is, you know, indicted for a crime that, if true, is imo far more serious than Watergate ever was), look for MSNBC to throw all of its attention to Joe Biden, who is surely getting all kinds of pressure to hurry up and announce his candidacy at this point.

Bernie picking up steam. Seems like Obama all over again.

Quote:Bernie picking up steam. Seems like Obama all over again.

Yes, because Barrack Hussien Obama and Bernie Sanders are so much alike.   Rolleyes

Quote:Yes, because Barrack Hussien Obama and Bernie Sanders are so much alike.   Rolleyes
Pretty sure he means in the way it was "hillary's turn" and then gets beat by the person that wasnt supposed to even compete with her. 

[Image: Soon.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2015, 10:53 AM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:[Image: Soon.jpg]
I'm all for anything adding levity to the seriousness of the political sphere but is he really going to run? He's been made fun of almost as much as Bush. If I was him I'd just go into charity work and bypass the obvious flogging I'd face.

I love this picture though