Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oops Hillary did it again, Clintons are liars

Quote:I'm all for anything adding levity to the seriousness of the political sphere but is he really going to run? He's been made fun of almost as much as Bush. If I was him I'd just go into charity work and bypass the obvious flogging I'd face.

I love this picture though

I think it's inevitable, Obama hates the Clintons enough to passively torpedo her candidacy and no one else has a chance.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think it's inevitable, Obama hates the Clintons enough to passively torpedo her candidacy and no one else has a chance.

He doesn't need to anything. I don't see her surviving the emails on top of progressives moving to Bernie. It's possible though.

I keep banging the table.   It's not the emails.   The emails are a sideshow.  It's the money! 

The money!  

The money!  

The money! 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cas....html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us/pol...ation.html

If I were Hillary Clinton, I would be glad people are focusing on the emails, because it distracts everyone from the REAL scandal.   The MONEY! 

Quote:I'm all for anything adding levity to the seriousness of the political sphere but is he really going to run? He's been made fun of almost as much as Bush. If I was him I'd just go into charity work and bypass the obvious flogging I'd face.

I love this picture though
I expect him to do so, and I suspect there are many in positions of power in the Democratic Party pushing him to hurry up and enter the race before they disenfranchise die-hard Hillary voters and/or prompt them to look at options with an "I" or--God forbid--an "R" after their name. Biden was regarded as a fairly moderate politician in the Senate who leaned left on social issues and just right of center on financial issues. That perception has changed over the last eight years under President Obama, where he's been increasingly lumped in with (and forced to support) a platform that's gone further and further left as time passed, but he's still reputed as being a key force in getting the legislature behind Obama's plans, and is frequently the guy to reach across the aisle to the more moderate members of the Republican Party. It would be interesting to see him in debates and get a feel for how much of the last eight years is really his platform shifting left, and how much of it is his being obligated to support President Obama's platform.

Biden's 72 years old, so it's not like he has a bright political future to torpedo if he loses the primary to Bernie Sanders or Martin O'Malley in the primary. It's worth noting that if we were to see a Biden/Sanders ticket (won't happen, btw, but it's fun to play around like this), the combined age of candidate and running mate would be 149 years old. That's over half as old as the United States itself is.

Quote:I expect him to do so, and I suspect there are many in positions of power in the Democratic Party pushing him to hurry up and enter the race before they disenfranchise die-hard Hillary voters and/or prompt them to look at options with an "I" or--God forbid--an "R" after their name. Biden was regarded as a fairly moderate politician in the Senate who leaned left on social issues and just right of center on financial issues. That perception has changed over the last eight years under President Obama, where he's been increasingly lumped in with (and forced to support) a platform that's gone further and further left as time passed, but he's still reputed as being a key force in getting the legislature behind Obama's plans, and is frequently the guy to reach across the aisle to the more moderate members of the Republican Party. It would be interesting to see him in debates and get a feel for how much of the last eight years is really his platform shifting left, and how much of it is his being obligated to support President Obama's platform.

Biden's 72 years old, so it's not like he has a bright political future to torpedo if he loses the primary to Bernie Sanders or Martin O'Malley in the primary. It's worth noting that if we were to see a Biden/Sanders ticket (won't happen, btw, but it's fun to play around like this), the combined age of candidate and running mate would be 149 years old. That's over half as old as the United States itself is.

True but Bernie is obviously immortal. He's looked exactly the same for like 20 years now.

Quote:True but Bernie is obviously immortal. He's looked exactly the same for like 20 years now.
Immortal, or just a vampire?

Or are they kinda the same thing? I never saw Twilight, so I'm not really sure how 21st century vampirism works.

Quote:Immortal, or just a vampire?

Or are they kinda the same thing? I never saw Twilight, so I'm not really sure how 21st century vampirism works.

Those are hipster vampires what with their sparkling and such.

You can be immortal without being a vampire. Besides being a vampire is just functional immortality. They quite easy to kill if you think about. Bernie is the clearly the real deal though.

Quote:Those are hipster vampires what with their sparkling and such.

You can be immortal without being a vampire. Besides being a vampire is just functional immortality. They quite easy to kill if you think about. Bernie is the clearly the real deal though.
That's true, we do see him in the daylight an awful lot.

Werewolf, maybe?

Quote:That's true, we do see him in the daylight an awful lot.

Werewolf, maybe?

Either that or like Dorian Grey. Just got the painting waaaaaay later in life

Quote:Either that or like Dorian Grey. Just got the painting waaaaaay later in life
Maybe Bernie is secretly Ra's al-Ghul?

Quote:Maybe Bernie is secretly Ra's al-Ghul?

Does that make Biden batman?

I find it kind of funny to hear a couple of leftists joking about Bernie Sanders and his age.  The jokes and "concerns" regarding age was different when it was John McCain.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I find it kind of funny to hear a couple of leftists joking about Bernie Sanders and his age.  The jokes and "concerns" regarding age was different when it was John McCain.
I actually supported McCain in 2008, and have discussed why several times on this forum, but whatever.

Quote:I find it kind of funny to hear a couple of leftists joking about Bernie Sanders and his age. The jokes and "concerns" regarding age was different when it was John McCain.

Lol, I don't remember anyone making fun of McCain being old until after the election, he got really bitter, and John Stewart went after him... don't think anyone went after him before that.

Quote:I actually supported McCain in 2008, and have discussed why several times on this forum, but whatever.
As did I and dropped him because he can't pick decent staff.

The only real vampires are the anne rice vampires, by the way...

Quote:I find it kind of funny to hear a couple of leftists joking about Bernie Sanders and his age.
Just noticed this...how did I suddenly become a leftist?

Quote:Just noticed this...how did I suddenly become a leftist?

Dude, you're so left we call you NASCAR behind you back at the commie rallies we hold.

Quote:Just noticed this...how did I suddenly become a leftist?

If your not with them your against them guy!

Quote:Dude, you're so left we call you NASCAR behind you back at the commie rallies we hold.

Hahahahaha

Also everyone knows Ann Rice vamps are the only real vamps. This board is for news not common knowledge. Come on man.