Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Camping with FBT: 7/31/15

Thanks FBT this is much appreciated.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Couple of questions for you Tim:

Jeremy Harris - CB - do you think he makes this roster? Your impressions on his play today?

Who are your top 5 WRs?

What are your impressions of Neal Sterling?

Thanks

To piggy back off Stigma's question, how did Davon House look?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Thank You Tim!  Wish I could have been there today but work got in the way.  It is always nice knowing I can count on you to make me feel like I was there regardless.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Thanks sir, I always look forward to your reports.

Quote:Tuel wouldn't surprise me if he gave Henne a run for his money for the #2.
I can always hope.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

FBT, did you get the impression that Bortles was methodical whereas his receivers were quick twitch? Thanks for the good read

Quote:FBT, did you get the impression that Bortles was methodical whereas his receivers were quick twitch? Thanks for the good read
I'd almost say it was the opposite. The receivers seemed pretty methodical. Bortles got the ball out quickly with a much more compact delivery than we saw late last season.

None of the receivers were what I would consider quick twitch, at least not today.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You truly do a great camp report and I thank you.

Thanks for this.
Huh

Quote:Thanks a million for this, FBT.

It was a long time coming.

I am glad to read about Julius Thomas appearing to be legit.  When I advocated for his signing months back, the athleticism that allowed him to gain separation, etc., was going to come with him.  It's nice to know he looks athletic.  From what I gather reading your report, Lewis seems to have been energized by Thomas' arrival.

It is troubling to read that Joeckel struggled some.  While we likely don't know what his blocking assignment was on a given play, the thought that he could be beaten cleanly on an inside rush from Branch is concerning.  Nevertheless, what mitigates this concern for me is that it is not a padded practice.  If he is being beaten like that when the pads come on, then I will be really concerned.

In any event, I will be at the practices this weekend and I will do my darnedest to offer my perspectives as well.

I can't make today's practice due to another obligation so take good notes. Wink
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Thank you for the report FBT.

Hope Allen Robinson stays healthy. With him, Thomas, Hurns, and Lee, I think we can have a pretty good passing game.
No commercial messages in sigs

Bottles had a good throwing motion in college and in preseason last year, along with his first few regular season last year. The motion degraded for some reason. This isn't creating a new motion, it's restoring the old one..

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Great write up, FBT.  

The idea of Lewis getting pushed by Thomas is good to hear.  The thought of a 2 TE set with those two hitting on all cylinders has me really intrigued.

Quote:Thank you and much appreciated FBT!

Especially for us Jag fans all the way over here on the West Coast.
#WCDTWD

I'm confident Yeldon will find his groove. I can still recall Fred Taylor just running into walls and getting nowhere his rookie Preseason, but then as soon as James Stewart went down week two of the regular season, we all immediately realized that the rookie was up to the task.

Grant's muff concerns me a tad, but I'm hopefull like FBT said that it was just early jitters.

I'm hoping deep down that Jeff Tuel proves to be flat out better than Henne to win the #2, and likely last, QB spot. I still don't see the team keeping 3 qbs unless Caldwell or Bradley has ever said something to that effect and I missed it.

I'm really hoping Lee gets his act together soon as he's our primary deep threat needed to at the very least occupy opponents primary CB. It may be too much to ask that he consistently beats out double teams, but he needs to at least make the occasional deep play to remain a threat. I don't see him with any real fantasy value this year.

Nick Marshall is a sure bet to make the Practice Squad.

'02

Quote:I'm confident Yeldon will find his groove. I can still recall Fred Taylor just running into walls and getting nowhere his rookie Preseason, but then as soon as James Stewart went down week two of the regular season, we all immediately realized that the rookie was up to the task.

Grant's muff concerns me a tad, but I'm hopefull like FBT said that it was just early jitters.

I'm hoping deep down that Jeff Tuel proves to be flat out better than Henne to win the #2, and likely last, QB spot. I still don't see the team keeping 3 qbs unless Caldwell or Bradley has ever said something to that effect and I missed it.

I'm really hoping Lee gets his act together soon as he's our primary deep threat needed to at the very least occupy opponents primary CB. It may be too much to ask that he consistently beats out double teams, but he needs to at least make the occasional deep play to remain a threat. I don't see him with any real fantasy value this year.

Nick Marshall is a sure bet to make the Practice Squad.

I wonder if we decide to run with 2 qbs if Marshall would make the roster as a CB but also be our 3rd qb?

Emergency 3, was thinking that too, and if it can factor into him securing a roster spot. Of course, his play at CB and STs are the targets, but the additional tag shouldn't hurt.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I don't know 02. Henne, though unspectacular, has started 53 of 64 games in this league, and having a good camp as usual. Tuel isn't unseeding him based on camp/preseason performance.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I LOVE the idea of Lee getting a shot at returning kicks.

Been saying it for a while, and even got bashed for it.

Quote:I wonder if we decide to run with 2 qbs if Marshall would make the roster as a CB but also be our 3rd qb?

Denard would be the emergency 3.