Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mexico Fires National Team Head Coach

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015, 09:48 AM by TravC59.)

May not register for many but the Mexican national team has fired their HC for allegedly getting into a fight with a journalist. Herrera really turned the Mexican national team around when he took over what had be one a lifeless, stale team a year or so from the Brazil WC. He's a fiery little dude.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't find a good article to what the reporter was saying about him and his family.  Depending on what he said, he probably deserved it.

Quote:I can't find a good article to what the reporter was saying about him and his family.  Depending on what he said, he probably deserved it.
I don't think so. Herrera has been caught during the game shouting expletives to referees almost identical to what the reporter supposedly/apparently said to him. There's a reason his nickname is Piojo (louse), dude is a little off.

;

This is a win-win situation for the fans of Mexico.  Mexico wins the Gold Cup and they coach they hate gets fired.

Quote:This is a win-win situation for the fans of Mexico.  Mexico wins the Gold Cup and they coach they hate gets fired.
The majority of Mexican fans loved him. He came up in a tough neighborhood, working class and most Mexicans really related to him because of this. They also liked that he said what was on his mind, much different from Chepo de la Torre before him who Mexicans weren't a fan of.

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The majority of Mexican fans loved him. He came up in a tough neighborhood, working class and most Mexicans really related to him because of this. They also liked that he said what was on his mind, much different from Chepo de la Torre before him who Mexicans weren't a fan of.

That tuned changed over the past month.

My wife is from Mexico City and I keep in touch with her family via facebook, etc.  Additionally, we were in LA and SD over the past 2 weeks during the Gold Cup and went to the FC Barcelona v LA Galaxy as well.  Every single person I spoke with recently wanted him fired in the worst way.  

I think their Gold Cup games (0-0 vs Guatemala, 4-4 vs Trinadad, and questionable penalty calls that allowed them to beat Costa Rica & Panama) had a lot to do with their recent negative opinion. 

Also, placing very little emphasis on the Copa America tourney (0-0 vs bolivia, 3-3 vs chile, 1-2 loss to ecuador) left a lot of people questioning his decisions.  Copa America is more significant than the Gold Cup but it looks like they mailed that one in.

Quote:That tuned changed over the past month.

My wife is from Mexico City and I keep in touch with her family via facebook, etc.  Additionally, we were in LA and SD over the past 2 weeks during the Gold Cup and went to the FC Barcelona v LA Galaxy as well.  Every single person I spoke with recently wanted him fired in the worst way.  

I think their Gold Cup games (0-0 vs Guatemala, 4-4 vs Trinadad, and questionable penalty calls that allowed them to beat Costa Rica & Panama) had a lot to do with their recent negative opinion. 

Also, placing very little emphasis on the Copa America tourney (0-0 vs bolivia, 3-3 vs chile, 1-2 loss to ecuador) left a lot of people questioning his decisions.  Copa America is more significant than the Gold Cup but it looks like they mailed that one in.
That changed mighty quick then, weird. I can see why they'd be upset with the way he chose to handle Copa America over the Gold Cup.

;

I kind of wish they hadn't fired him. The USMNT has owned Herrera.

;