Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aurora Theater Shooter Guilty of 1st Degree Murder

The Judge Gave Theater Killer James Holmes 3318 Years In Prison. Then He Had One More Thing to Say.

After a 15-week-long trial showcasing 2,700 pieces of evidence and 300 witnesses, Aurora, Colorado, movie theater killer James Holmes has been sentenced to 12 consecutive life terms in prison.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/08/404364-t...m=ijreview

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The guy should be thrown in a frying pan already.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Saw the story on the news last night. "Get this defendant out of my courtroom," is one of the greatest quotes to ever come out of the legal system.

May he rot in agony.

Quote:The guy should be thrown in a frying pan already.

One hold out Juror that didn't believe in the death penalty, That's all it took

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:One hold out Juror that didn't believe in the death penalty, That's all it took

That's how we do it in America, right? Would you prefer Sharia Law?

;

;

Quote:One hold out Juror that didn't believe in the death penalty, That's all it took
After seeing news reports on the situation, I'm actually happy it ended up this way. Holmes will still die in prison, but unlike a death penalty verdict that triggers automatic appeals, this verdict will not be appealed, and Holmes will never set foot outside of a prison again. A few of the victims' families expressed relief on the news last night that they'll never have to see Holmes face again, let alone relive it in a courtroom. It's still more or less a death penalty, it'll just take him a little longer to die.

Quote:That's how we do it in America, right? Would you prefer Sharia Law?

I suspect he would prefer the Nuremberg Laws.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I suspect he would prefer the Nuremberg Laws.
I can't believe that I'm about to defend Drifter (somebody stick a needle in my arm and make sure I still bleed), but there are lots of people, especially here in Colorado, that are extremely unhappy that Holmes wasn't sentenced to death. This includes lots of people that identify as anti-death penalty otherwise. You really had to be here and see the immediate aftermath, and knowing someone who was in the theater really puts it in perspective as well. Holmes is, as far as I'm concerned, not a human being. He deserves no sympathy, no mercy and no rights. Our justice system worked exactly as it was supposed to here, but to demonize and mock Drifter on this one is demonizing and mocking the families of some of the victims, who were also very upset (to say the least) that a single holdout juror, citing their personal ideology, was all that kept Holmes from dying.

I know you have all the tact of a rabid pitbull, but surely even you're better than saying that families of the Aurora victims are better suited for anti-American laws because they're upset that Holmes was allowed to live.

Quote:I can't believe that I'm about to defend Drifter (somebody stick a needle in my arm and make sure I still bleed), but there are lots of people, especially here in Colorado, that are extremely unhappy that Holmes wasn't sentenced to death. This includes lots of people that identify as anti-death penalty otherwise. You really had to be here and see the immediate aftermath, and knowing someone who was in the theater really puts it in perspective as well. Holmes is, as far as I'm concerned, not a human being. He deserves no sympathy, no mercy and no rights. Our justice system worked exactly as it was supposed to here, but to demonize and mock Drifter on this one is demonizing and mocking the families of some of the victims, who were also very upset (to say the least) that a single holdout juror, citing their personal ideology, was all that kept Holmes from dying.

I know you have all the tact of a rabid pitbull, but surely even you're better than saying that families of the Aurora victims are better suited for anti-American laws because they're upset that Holmes was allowed to live.

There is a difference in disagreeing with the life sentence and disagreeing the process in which it was reached.

;

;

Quote:There is a difference in disagreeing with the life sentence and disagreeing the process in which it was reached.
Do you live here in Colorado? Have you watched the local news, which the families of some victims have been far more willing to talk to than the national outlets? Have you seen family members say how angry it makes them that one single juror, a juror who let their personal beliefs overrule the facts of the case, is all that kept Holmes alive?

Even though I'm anti capital-punishment, I can't sit here with a straight face and tell you that I wouldn't feel the same way in their shoes. To suggest that those who disagree with the verdict don't also disagree with the way it was reached is naive. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who fit into that mold, but some of the victims' own families hate the verdict, and they hate the system for allowing one juror to manipulate it like that over the wishes of the other 11.

Quote:Do you live here in Colorado? Have you watched the local news, which the families of some victims have been far more willing to talk to than the national outlets? Have you seen family members say how angry it makes them that one single juror, a juror who let their personal beliefs overrule the facts of the case, is all that kept Holmes alive?

Even though I'm anti capital-punishment, I can't sit here with a straight face and tell you that I wouldn't feel the same way in their shoes. To suggest that those who disagree with the verdict don't also disagree with the way it was reached is naive. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who fit into that mold, but some of the victims' own families hate the verdict, and they hate the system for allowing one juror to manipulate it like that over the wishes of the other 11.

What is the alternative?

;

;

Quote:What is the alternative?

Executive order: frying pan?

Quote:Executive order: frying pan?

The American way, right?

;

;

Quote:What is the alternative?
I believe the sentiment that Drifter is trying to express is that the system failed.

It's understandable, and there's nothing un-American about saying that.

Quote:The American way, right?

You sure are dense, huh?

Quote:You sure are dense, huh?
You sure are un American, huh?

Quote:I believe the sentiment that Drifter is trying to express is that the system failed.

No, I believe the system worked..... Yeah it was one lone juror but that's the way our system of justice is designed.

Quote:Do you live here in Colorado? Have you watched the local news, which the families of some victims have been far more willing to talk to than the national outlets? Have you seen family members say how angry it makes them that one single juror, a juror who let their personal beliefs overrule the facts of the case, is all that kept Holmes alive?

I can't believe that I'm "siding" with Bon Jagley.  Something is wrong with this thread.   :unsure:

The one lone juror did not overrule and facts of the case, nor did he/she manipulate anything.  He/she simply performed their civic duty and made a decision based on their values and the evidence.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I can't believe that I'm "siding" with Bon Jagley.  Something is wrong with this thread.   :unsure:

The one lone juror did not overrule and facts of the case, nor did he/she manipulate anything.  He/she simply performed their civic duty and made a decision based on their values and the evidence.
You are one step closer to being a full on Marxist, fascist, commy drone. You realize that right?

Quote:You are one step closer to being a full on Marxist, fascist, commy drone. You realize that right?

If that is the case, then the end is clearly near.   Ninja   I really need to talk to Eric about getting a quality bunker installed on my property.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.