Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CFL ?

Just curious, does anyone here follow the Canadian Football League during the quiet summer months ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I tried watching two different games over the last few weeks. I didn't last three minutes each time.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

^What he said. I've tried several times to get into a game, and I can't get past the "lol it's in Canada" phase.

I tried to follow a few years ago. I couldn't do it. Too bad because it would be a nice bridge to NFL.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

It's too chaotic for me. Not to offend anyone, but it's like they tried to merge the planning, strategy and attention to detail of football with the fluidity of soccer. There's just too much movement going on before and at the snap for me to really get into it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The massive end zones seem to take a lot of skill out of the game too.

But, I'm starting to get into it !

I'll be rooting for the Hamilton Tiger Cats tonight.  My neighbor is from Hamilton and they're actually up visiting family and going to the game.

I agree though .... kind of tough to watch when you don't have a rooting interest and don't know the players.

Quote:The massive end zones seem to take a lot of skill out of the game too.

But, I'm starting to get into it !

Massive end zones and some have tracks around the field.  It's like those people with end zone seats are about 80 yards away from midfield.

I'm from regina the hime of the Saskatchewan roughriders and I can honestly say I don't like to watch the cfl, the rules don't make sense to me at all. I like the nfl way more, I will watch a game here and there but that's it.
Jags 4 Life

go John Chick!

Quote:I'm from regina the hime of the Saskatchewan roughriders

Regina --- great looking city.  I just googled it and checked it out on google maps.  A little too cold overall for me but it looks nice.

BC Lions. Go Travis Lulay.

[Image: jaguars_logo_small.gif]